Europa Lg UEFA Europa League 2023/24 (Final: Atalanta vs Bayer Leverkusen) - On Stan

Remove this Banner Ad

Get ****ed West Ham and Liverpool.

After all the nice things I've said and championing of Liverpool I've done over the years you're only serving to ruin the Aston Villa Champions League dream.

As for West Ham... I looked at the stats.. seemed to be a typical David Moyes against a good side game/strategy. Don't attack at all, defend deep, hope they don't score. Think it was 1 total shot for the match off target?

Haven't seen the Villa game or highlights yet but based on shots on target seems like Lyon were worth at least a goal, so can't really complain with the result.

Pretty important from Villa's perspective (as I think it's basically 15% 4th, 75% 5th, 10% 6th at this stage) that Arsenal can get over Bayern and obviously City winning against Real as well. Think the picture as to what's required will become clearer after this round but at least Villa can impact the co-efficient by winning a European tournament (as third rate as it might be).

It's a stupid question and they only ask it once it doesnt work out. But we have a game every three days for what feels like 6 weeks or so right now. We have to use the squad accordingly to try to fight on both fronts.

Home game against Atalanta seemed the obvious time to rotate but it obviously didnt go well as the entire team stunk it up.

Doubt we turn that around next week too even though we're capable. We've just looked off it recently. Hanging in there really.

Just caught up via the goal highlights on Stan. Acres of space to work within for Atalanta, very surprising to see them afforded that much room. The third goal, wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ****ed West Ham and Liverpool.

After all the nice things I've said and championing of Liverpool I've done over the years you're only serving to ruin the Aston Villa Champions League dream.

As for West Ham... I looked at the stats.. seemed to be a typical David Moyes against a good side game/strategy. Don't attack at all, defend deep, hope they don't score. Think it was 1 total shot for the match off target?

Haven't seen the Villa game or highlights yet but based on shots on target seems like Lyon were worth at least a goal, so can't really complain with the result.

Pretty important from Villa's perspective (as I think it's basically 15% 4th, 75% 5th, 10% 6th at this stage) that Arsenal can get over Bayern and obviously City winning against Real as well. Think the picture as to what's required will become clearer after this round but at least Villa can impact the co-efficient by winning a European tournament (as third rate as it might be).
... They really have dropped the ball collectively.

Following Thursday's results, ESPN reports that Italy are all but assured of an extra Champions League spot for the 2024/25 season with a coefficient ranking of 18.428. As for second place, Germany (16.785) leapfrogged England (16.750). There is still plenty of time to turn things around: England has five active teams in Europe, while Germany only has three - but those numbers will certainly change for the semi-finals given England and Germany each have two teams facing each other in the quarters.

I just can't bring myself to cheer on the Gunners in Europe. They just don't belong there. 🤮
So Villa and City must proceed. As must Atletico.

What? Winning by 3 goals away? How often do they do that even in the Premier League.
May not happen but it wouldn't surprise me. If the first leg was away and I heard that Liverpool had won by 3 I wouldn't have been too shocked.

campaigners will probably have one of their typical ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ performances next week and belt Atalanta 6-0.

Has anyone overturned a 3-0 home defeat in Europe in a second leg? I don't believe so. Half of the entire squad is only just getting back to fitness. Chances would be less than 1% of going through.

Has anyone overturned a 3-0 home defeat in Europe in a second leg? I don't believe so. Half of the entire squad is only just getting back to fitness. Chances would be less than 1% of going through.
If you include the UEFA Cup, yes.

• Best away-leg come-back after losing home leg: (3 goals)
    • 2009–10, play-off round:
      • Dinamo București 0–3 Slovan Liberec
      • Slovan Liberec 0–3 Dinamo București(a.e.t.)
      • Dinamo București won 9–8 on penalties

It's not out of the realms of possibility because a really good team doesnt often lose the first leg at home 0-3. So then possibilities of teams turning that around are few and far between.

This is an outlier considering how good Liverpool are. But everything has to go right for us to do it.

I dont think we will progress which sucks as I really wanted a crack at Bayer Leverkusen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back