TV/Video Footage of Poker (or of poker players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Video Footage of Poker

If you guys haven't checked yet, someone has loaded a few 2006 WSOP events onto youtube

just do a search, some very entertaining stuff

in the $1500 NLHE event, theres a young guy, who is so obnoxious, he talks how he hangs by himself most of the time, and you can see why....

one of them is the short handed final table with Joe Hachem :thumbsu:

the $2000 NLHE has Mark Vos on the final table too

I'll throw this here -

Participants List for High Stakes Poker 3:

Phil Ivey
Daniel Negreanu
Antonio Esfandiari
Phil Laak
Mike Matusow
Chris Ferguson
David Williams
William Chen
Patrik Antonius
John D'Agostino
Daniel Alaei
David Benyamine
Doyle Brunson
Victor Ramdin
Shawn Sheikhan
Erick Lindgren
Barry Greenstein
Jennifer Harman
Eli Elezra
Sam Farha
Todd Brunson
Gabe Kaplan
Jamie Gold
Paul Wasicka
Dan Harmetz (amateur)
Dan Shak (amateur)
Illya Trincher (amateur)
Brian Townsend (amateur) - sbrugby on Full Tilt

Take her out, and there's zero females left. I'd assume that's why she's there. Plus, she's probably the only woman who could afford to play those limits.

Glenno23 said:
check this video out

she raises with 5 2 suited, gets a caller and re raiser and pushes all in!!!

gets what she deserves!!! watch the video and see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S559yz5voU&mode=related&search=
I never knew she was such a dyke.

I distinctly remember this hand at the time, as I was sweating Vossy. She went to some effort on 2p2 to defend that play.

And I like this line: "While David Williams found himself in a familiar position, heads up ..." Yeah, some old girl's ass :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXpQq1B4L3w

Hachem and Dutch Boyd heads-up. Hachem has a habit of getting his chips in with the best hand. It's a shame that's not enough. Even in the Main Event, he was eliminated with Aces. Never knew Hachem's missus was a bit of alright :thumbsu:

I take back what I said in another thread about the decline of poker. It didn't start with Jamie Gold winning the Main Event, it started with that weasel, prick, suck, arsehole, ****, etc etc Dutch Boyd winning a bracelet. :thumbsdown:

sainter said:
"I got a straight.....STRAIGHT.....with three hearts".
Is there a chance she meant she won the hand with a straight even though there was a flush on board, that is, just commenting that she didn't have the nuts but took it down anyway?

red+black said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXpQq1B4L3w

Hachem and Dutch Boyd heads-up. Hachem has a habit of getting his chips in with the best hand. It's a shame that's not enough. Even in the Main Event, he was eliminated with Aces. Never knew Hachem's missus was a bit of alright :thumbsu:

I take back what I said in another thread about the decline of poker. It didn't start with Jamie Gold winning the Main Event, it started with that weasel, prick, suck, arsehole, ****, etc etc Dutch Boyd winning a bracelet. :thumbsdown:

I'm not his biggest fan after watching that either.

red+black said:
Is there a chance she meant she won the hand with a straight even though there was a flush on board, that is, just commenting that she didn't have the nuts but took it down anyway?

That wasn't how I saw it but you might be right. The way the commentator says "a straight with 3 hearts" at the end made me think that she just had no clue.

Perhaps she's just a good actor. Either way it gives me a laugh.

I've been watching some of those Tony G videos as well and he just rubs me up the wrong way. I know it's how he plays and it's his way of getting inside his opponents heads but I can't stand him. I'm sure he'll lose a lot of sleep after hearing that.

sainter said:
I'm not his biggest fan after watching that either.

That wasn't how I saw it but you might be right. The way the commentator says "a straight with 3 hearts" at the end made me think that she just had no clue.
I'm not fussed by anything Dutch does at the table. He has bad history. Google him.

And yeah, my guess is the old lady didn't have a clue. Just trying to cut her some slack.

red+black said:

What's worse, is that on the same episode, at Matusow's table, some guy has two pair and is all-in and asks his opponent "do you have the flush", but the flop read spade-club-diamond. :confused:

WPT last night had Blair Rodman, Barry Greenstein and Jesse Jones. If you don't know Jesse, he's the President of the new WPA, is by all accounts a very decent guy, and seems to be well-respected by all. But he's obviously got a couple things wrong with him. Took me a while to find it, but apparently he's had throat cancer 3 times. I don't know if he was a smoker, I do know that he is anti-smoking, but the two may be unrelated. He also seems to have a lame left arm, I think, cos he never used it at the table. Maybe he's had a stroke. His situation (with his arm) is very similar to that of Mary Vella, a regular at Crown (if you've seen her, you know what I'm talking about).

Anyway, Blair Rodman took home the most money. He actually came 2nd, Greenstein won, and as he always does, he gave his winnings to charity.

Jesse Jones:
060224165449500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have this ep on my computer. And I heard an interview with Matusow about Jesse Jones, and he said he's widely respected.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/10/poker-after-dark-sneak-peek-shana-hiatt.htm]Pokr After Dark - Sneak Peak

Ladies Night: Jennifer Harman, Dee Luong, Cyndy Violette, Clonie Gowen, Vanessa Rousso and Evelyn Ng.

Commentators Night: Mike Sexton, Chad Brown, Howard Lederer, Gabe Kaplan, Michael Konik and Phil Gordon.

??? Night: Jennifer Harman, Erik Seidel, Doyle Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak.

The Boys After Dark: Tony G., Andy Bloch, Mike Matusow, Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth and Sammy Farha.

Main Event Winners Night: Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Carlos Mortensen, Chris Ferguson, Chris Moneymaker and Jamie Gold

I took some footage from my latest home game:

[YOUTUBE]tr3tBj79rfY[/YOUTUBE]

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=16899

Last night was a very good episode of WPT, great sportsmanship, especially from the last 3, great play most of the time, amateur made a couple mistakes but he'll learn.

However, one bad thing. Courtney Friel. She's absolutely hopeless, no wonder they fired her after 1 season. Just doesn't know how to interview at all.

Have to admit that the player interviews need improving on WPT, a little more analysis, a little more discussion with the winner and runner-up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back