BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
What TV shows are everyone watching? Got anything you want to recommend?

I've been watching season 19 of South Park and it's entertaining as always. The song from the latest episode was disgusting, hilarious and catchy at the same time :D

This season is similar to season 18 where each episode continues on from the previous episode.

What TV shows are everyone watching? Got anything you want to recommend?

I've been watching season 19 of South Park and it's entertaining as always. The song from the latest episode was disgusting, hilarious and catchy at the same time :D

This season is similar to season 18 where each episode continues on from the previous episode.

Season 19 ... I have never watched 1 episode of it. Not one jot of appeal

Gee almost 20 years it's been going, time flies..
First season was 1999 if I recall correctly. The movie that came out was great, best bit was Cartman's song about Kyle's mum.:D
Season 19 ... I have never watched 1 episode of it. Not one jot of appeal
It's not to everyone's taste but I enjoy it as Trey Parker and Matt Stone get away with taking the piss out of real life stories and issues.

Got any recommendations Turbo?

First season was 1999 if I recall correctly. The movie that came out was great, best bit was Cartman's song about Kyle's mum.:D
It was on in 98 at least because I remember one of the few kids that had pay TV took some episodes he had taped to a year 12 party. It wasn't on SBS right at the start.

It's not to everyone's taste but I enjoy it as Trey Parker and Matt Stone get away with taking the piss out of real life stories and issues.

Got any recommendations Turbo?
In the Pizza of life..there is a slice for every taste... and I have not even bothered to try to watch that show ..the odd clip etc has never appealed.

Im getting quite cynical of TV , just some formula driven type shows that its rare a TV show becomes a hooked in show for me. Even the one that do have me are from perfect... some poor episodes mixed in with better. Of recent times (just of the top of my head)... I have enjoyed MadMen, GOT , Justified... in times gone past Deadwood was one that finished before its time.

In the Pizza of life..there is a slice for every taste... and I have not even bothered to try to watch that show ..the odd clip etc has never appealed.

Im getting quite cynical of TV , just some formula driven type shows that its rare a TV show becomes a hooked in show for me. Even the one that do have me are from perfect... some poor episodes mixed in with better. Of recent times (just of the top of my head)... I have enjoyed MadMen, GOT , Justified... in times gone past Deadwood was one that finished before its time.
Criminally under-rated in Australia I feel.

The walking dead is arguably the best series ever produced for TV. If you haven't already had the chance to watch the first 5 seasons, I suggest you download, (no wait that's illegal) or present at your local JB HIFI.

The walking dead is arguably the best series ever produced for TV. If you haven't already had the chance to watch the first 5 seasons, I suggest you download, (no wait that's illegal) or present at your local JB HIFI.
or sign up to whichever mob airs the early series [i.e Presto]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe South Park is up to 19 seasons. I remember when that started, I was in my later high school years and it was all the rage - suddenly something to compete with the Simpson (I prefer the yellow family still) - and I got caught up in the all the fanfare and adopted Kenny as my fav, and I most likely still have few Kenny items at home somewhere.

On my daily commute to work I am currently watching Deadwood (yes I am a little late to the show :oops:).

I find that the train travel from Geelong to Melb is the best way to catch up & binge watch TV shows as it tends to be about the right length of time to watch an episode. So far this year it has involved watching the last couple of seasons of Dexter (I should have stopped after the 4th season when it peaked, but had to see it through as crap as they got), then Breaking Bad (great great series), 5 seasons of Walking Dead, 5 seasons of Game of Thrones, 1st season of True Detective, 1st season of Better Call Saul & 2 seasons of Orange is the New Black, and for good measure when I am between series I have Parks & Recreation there to pass the time, or I read my newest gift of the Walking Dead hardback editions.

So many good tv shows that have been released over recent years - and I'm the lazy person who waits to get a few seasons together at once to binge watch them. I have a few shows I watch weekly on TV or will happily record using foxtel, but much more fun when I can binge watch for an extended run over a few weeks or so.

I can't believe South Park is up to 19 seasons. I remember when that started, I was in my later high school years and it was all the rage - suddenly something to compete with the Simpson (I prefer the yellow family still) - and I got caught up in the all the fanfare and adopted Kenny as my fav, and I most likely still have few Kenny items at home somewhere.

On my daily commute to work I am currently watching Deadwood (yes I am a little late to the show :oops:).

I find that the train travel from Geelong to Melb is the best way to catch up & binge watch TV shows as it tends to be about the right length of time to watch an episode. So far this year it has involved watching the last couple of seasons of Dexter (I should have stopped after the 4th season when it peaked, but had to see it through as crap as they got), then Breaking Bad (great great series), 5 seasons of Walking Dead, 5 seasons of Game of Thrones, 1st season of True Detective, 1st season of Better Call Saul & 2 seasons of Orange is the New Black, and for good measure when I am between series I have Parks & Recreation there to pass the time, or I read my newest gift of the Walking Dead hardback editions.

So many good tv shows that have been released over recent years - and I'm the lazy person who waits to get a few seasons together at once to binge watch them. I have a few shows I watch weekly on TV or will happily record using foxtel, but much more fun when I can binge watch for an extended run over a few weeks or so.
Don't know how you can do a trip from Geelong to Melbourne for work 5 days a week, but most of the shows you've mentioned are great shows with Breaking Bad probably the best of them :thumbsu:.

True Detective I found to be really depressing and unfulfilling at the end.

Don't know how you can do a trip from Geelong to Melbourne for work 5 days a week, but most of the shows you've mentioned are great shows with Breaking Bad probably the best of them :thumbsu:.

True Detective I found to be really depressing and unfulfilling at the end.

The travel can be a struggle at times - if I'm lucky its 12 hours days from when I walk out the front door to when I return, and dead to world on the couch generally by 10pm (sometimes earlier), but if I have a footy match, basketball match or something to attend I'm fine somehow. I really appreciate the weekends and I try to plan a day at home with nothing but watching tv just to rest the body. Having something to watch or read to pass the time really helps.

I agree about True Detective - I'm glad I watched it, but I struggled with it at times.

This is a great topic for discussion, I'm always curious about what other people watch - recommendations or not worth it shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back