TV SHOWS AND SERIES'

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Currently I'm following:- *Blacklist. *Sleepy Hollow. *Homeland (Claire Danes plays bi-polar a little TOO well !)

Shows I liked in the past were :- *X-files. Preferred the monster of the week type episodes to the alien stuff.

*LOST. Trippy with good characters. Liked Locke's integrity and Hurley was such a sweet big teddy bear. I can relate to him wanting to hide away from reality in a mental institution. Though luckily I have not had that experience!
The time travel parts were fascinating.

*Dexter. Even though he was a serial killer I just could not dislike him.
And it was funny too. weirdly.

*The series Game of Thrones is awesome. It's bloody, violent, sad and again funny.. and "the imp" is my favourite screen character in a very long time. He tries so hard to be decent..except for the drunkeness..the whoring.. the killing..
Oh well. Nobody's perfect !!

Sherlock. If you haven't watched this masterpiece, go watch it now. And 3rd season next year, it's going to be amazing. Moriarty's my baby, I could turn for Andrew Scott :hearts:

I'm only following 3 at the moment:

Community, comes back next year. But there's no Troy or Pierce, it makes me sad :( But Dan Harmon is back, which makes me happy :) So I have no idea how I feel about it :confused:

How I Met Your Mother: The latest episode was good, but right now I feel like i'm with a woman that I don't have feelings for anymore, but I have to stick it out to the end, because it's what's good for the child. :p

Once Upon A Time: I am not ashamed, I actually love the acting and the storyline in this. Even though it makes little to no sense half the time.

Some of my other favourites are Scrubs, Pushing Daisies, Lost, Arrested Development.

Once Upon A Time: I am not ashamed, I actually love the acting and the storyline in this. Even though it makes little to no sense half the time.

:thumbsu:

Although i'm slightly ashamed.

:thumbsu:

Although i'm slightly ashamed.

I should be ashamed, but I figure that the blatant sexual chemistry between Regina and Emma are a good excuse to watch it :D

Sherlock. If you haven't watched this masterpiece, go watch it now. And 3rd season next year, it's going to be amazing. Moriarty's my baby, I could turn for Andrew Scott :hearts:

I'm only following 3 at the moment:

Community, comes back next year. But there's no Troy or Pierce, it makes me sad :( But Dan Harmon is back, which makes me happy :) So I have no idea how I feel about it :confused:

How I Met Your Mother: The latest episode was good, but right now I feel like i'm with a woman that I don't have feelings for anymore, but I have to stick it out to the end, because it's what's good for the child. :p

Some of my other favourites are Scrubs, Pushing Daisies, Lost, Arrested Development.
Hey. I missed u. ..
How I met your mother is clever. My sister loves scrubs. I've only seen bits and pieces.
What's Pushing Daisies? anything like 6 feet under?

Hey. I missed u. ..
How I met your mother is clever. My sister loves scrubs. I've only seen bits and pieces.
What's Pushing Daisies? anything like 6 feet under?

I missed you too :hearts: The gorilla is a nice touch :p

Oh you have to watch Scrubs, i'd probably put it at #1 out of all the TV shows I watched.

I don't think so, 6 feet under is the funeral home show right? Pushing Daisies basically follows a man, and this man has a power. He can touch something that was dead and bring it back to life. If he touches them again they go back to being dead. But if he keeps them alive for more than 1 minute, something else dies in order to take the alive-again person's place. And he's teamed up with a private investigator and they use his power to help solve crimes. So it's part comedy, part mystery, part drama. But the style that it's shot in and coloured is really quirky. I was turned onto it by my ex, it was the one good thing she did for me :D

I missed you too :hearts: The gorilla is a nice touch :p

Oh you have to watch Scrubs, i'd probably put it at #1 out of all the TV shows I watched.

I don't think so, 6 feet under is the funeral home show right? Pushing Daisies basically follows a man, and this man has a power. He can touch something that was dead and bring it back to life. If he touches them again they go back to being dead. But if he keeps them alive for more than 1 minute, something else dies in order to take the alive-again person's place. And he's teamed up with a private investigator and they use his power to help solve crimes. So it's part comedy, part mystery, part drama. But the style that it's shot in and coloured is really quirky. I was turned onto it by my ex, it was the one good thing she did for me :D

The gorilla is u playing the "G".. just joking.

Six feet under had the guy from Dexter in it. It was v. unusual. Rachel Griffiths played virtually a nympho.. but a very complex character. You really felt for her.
Pushing Daisies sounds good. Like supernatural/paranormal type stuff.. hence the X files.. the chemistry between Scully and Mulder was electric.. Note to self. must watch scrubs.. the weird janitor is the father in "The Middle" . Thats a cute show. The daughter in it reminds me of me. a nerd..

The gorilla is u playing the "G".. just joking.

Six feet under had the guy from Dexter in it. It was v. unusual. Rachel Griffiths played virtually a nympho.. but a very complex character. You really felt for her.
Pushing Daisies sounds good. Like supernatural/paranormal type stuff.. hence the X files.. the chemistry between Scully and Mulder was electric.. Note to self. must watch scrubs.. the weird janitor is the father in "The Middle" . Thats a cute show. The daughter in it reminds me of me. a nerd..

Hey! I am nowhere NEAR that hairy. Plus his technique is horrible :p

Dexter is another show i've been meaning to watch... I might check out 6 feet under. But first I need to watch Elementary, and then Breaking Bad. I have a full list on my computer of tv shows I need to see!
I only watched a couple of episodes of the x files, I think I was a bit too young to appreciate it though. I only know of The Middle because I was bored on a plane trip home, and so watched all the shows, and the Middle was there. Anything Neil Flynn is in is awesome. Anything! It's actually a nice show, I was expecting it to be boring. And if you're a nerd, then you're a very cool nerd ;)

And that reminds me. Where my I.T. crowd peeps at?? Anyone?

Hey! I am nowhere NEAR that hairy. Plus his technique is horrible :p

Dexter is another show i've been meaning to watch... I might check out 6 feet under. But first I need to watch Elementary, and then Breaking Bad. I have a full list on my computer of tv shows I need to see!
I only watched a couple of episodes of the x files, I think I was a bit too young to appreciate it though. I only know of The Middle because I was bored on a plane trip home, and so watched all the shows, and the Middle was there. Anything Neil Flynn is in is awesome. Anything! It's actually a nice show, I was expecting it to be boring. And if you're a nerd, then you're a very cool nerd ;)

And that reminds me. Where my I.T. crowd peeps at?? Anyone?
Thanks.. So many shows. so little time.

Six Feet Under, Pushing Daisies - both amazing shows.

My all time favourite shows would have to be in no particular order, Twin Peaks, The Wire, and Arrested Development. Special mentions to Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.

timtamWB - what happened to Troy? He's probably my favourite character in community :(

Currently watching;

Eastbound and Down - very crude but very hilarious - about a Major League baseball player's fall from fame.

The Almighty Johnsons - NZ show about norse gods reincarnated into people in the present day - but they can't use their powers properly - to give you a clue, Baldr, one of the main oracles/advisors in norse mythology is a surfer who is constantly high/drunk. Kind of silly but addictive.

I'm a bit of a tv fiend, when I'm not studying or working I always have something I'm watching.

Six Feet Under, Pushing Daisies - both amazing shows.

My all time favourite shows would have to be in no particular order, Twin Peaks, The Wire, and Arrested Development. Special mentions to Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.

timtamWB - what happened to Troy? He's probably my favourite character in community :(

Currently watching;

Eastbound and Down - very crude but very hilarious - about a Major League baseball player's fall from fame.

The Almighty Johnsons - NZ show about norse gods reincarnated into people in the present day - but they can't use their powers properly - to give you a clue, Baldr, one of the main oracles/advisors in norse mythology is a surfer who is constantly high/drunk. Kind of silly but addictive.

I'm a bit of a tv fiend, when I'm not studying or working I always have something I'm watching.
OH. I forgot the Sopranos. That was such a cool show.
Just excellent. I liked James Gandolfini since he was in True Romance.. The fight scene he had with Patricia Arquette was
epic.

The Sopranos was the best show of all time IMO. Classic writing, superb acting. Killer soundtrack. David Chase is a genius.

Mad Men I have a lot of time for currently.

The Walking Dead is pretty entertaining, not usually a fan of zombies, but this just works.

Another vote for Game of Thrones, show is epic.

Don't mind Homeland... Not sure about the current season though, seems to have lost its way a bit.

Other shows worth mentioning, Band of Brothers (The best miniseries of all time), Entourage, Rome.

The Sopranos was the best show of all time IMO. Classic writing, superb acting. Killer soundtrack. David Chase is a genius.

The Walking Dead is pretty entertaining, not usually a fan of zombies, but this just works.

Don't mind Homeland... Not sure about the current season though, seems to have lost its way a bit.

Other shows worth mentioning, Band of Brothers (The best miniseries of all time), Entourage, Rome.

Can't believe I forgot about mad men! Matthew wiener, the creator of mad men and the show runner, served as an understudy to David chase for much of the sopranos. So the link of quality is undeniably there. One of me favourite current series for sure.

And put me down for another game of thrones fan.

Rome, I really need to watch. Entourage declined rapidly after season 4 but was really good those first few seasons. And band of brothers is indeed amazing.

If you're into high quality hbo drama, I implore you to watch the wire. Just about the most perfectly written show I've ever seen. Incredibly high standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from all the obvious ones mentioned already, I recently really enjoyed Top of the Lake, with Elisabeth Moss. Beautiful setting, and a very good story as well.

Must admit this new season of Homeland is disappointing me. I keep waiting for it to get good..
And WTF, where is Brodie being kept anyway? In an unfinished building full of junkies? So bizarre. I'm confused..

I'm with you there, he's my favourite character. This article explains it better than I ever could:

http://www.hypable.com/2013/10/15/donald-glover-explains-left-community-letter/

I really feel for Donald Glover, he's so amazingly talented as a musician and an actor, and it seems like he's really struggling with some stuff. I can empathise with him and know what it feels like to feel alone so I can understand, but it's just sad that someone who is just a good person is having such a hard time.

I'm with you there, he's my favourite character. This article explains it better than I ever could:

http://www.hypable.com/2013/10/15/donald-glover-explains-left-community-letter/

I really feel for Donald Glover, he's so amazingly talented as a musician and an actor, and it seems like he's really struggling with some stuff. I can empathise with him and know what it feels like to feel alone so I can understand, but it's just sad that someone who is just a good person is having such a hard time.
Hey sweety. U ok tonight ?
Sending u a big hug right now.. :)

Must admit this new season of Homeland is disappointing me. I keep waiting for it to get good..
And WTF, where is Brodie being kept anyway? In an unfinished building full of junkies? So bizarre. I'm confused..

He's in the ghetto in Colombia I'm pretty sure, the unfinished building is actually just in terrible condition being run by a gang who are keeping him there for the $10m pricetag on his head. Not sure who organised it yet though...

Can't believe I forgot about mad men! Matthew wiener, the creator of mad men and the show runner, served as an understudy to David chase for much of the sopranos. So the link of quality is undeniably there. One of me favourite current series for sure.

And put me down for another game of thrones fan.

Rome, I really need to watch. Entourage declined rapidly after season 4 but was really good those first few seasons. And band of brothers is indeed amazing.

If you're into high quality hbo drama, I implore you to watch the wire. Just about the most perfectly written show I've ever seen. Incredibly high standard.

Yeah I tried the wire, but gave up during season 2. I'd heard really good things from a few mates but I just couldn't get into it. People comparing it to the Sopranos seemed crazy to me. It definitely wasn't bad, but it wasn't for me. Maybe it got better after I gave up.....

Another show I forgot to mention is Boardwalk Empire. Love it.

You're right about Entourage dropping off, by the last 2 seasons I was still watching in the hope it would get the early season form back. Still, short episodes, light entertainment.

He's in the ghetto in Colombia I'm pretty sure, the unfinished building is actually just in terrible condition being run by a gang who are keeping him there for the $10m pricetag on his head. Not sure who organised it yet though...
Oh thanks. I missed the bit about there being a price on his head.. lol. must have been a blonde there for a moment..
Well that makes sense then...

Oh thanks. I missed the bit about there being a price on his head.. lol. must have been a blonde there for a moment..
Well that makes sense then...

Yeah the CIA put the $10m pricetag on him. He thinks Carrie smuggled him there but I don't think she would have been able to organise that... Not sure why the Colombians aren't turning him in either.

The show is dragging at the moment.

The only TV shows I consistently watch anymore are Family Guy and storage/pawn/pickers shows, haha. Most of my TV viewing goes to sports (tennis/footy/F1 mostly).

From the past though:
Lost - just an amazing show. Favourite show of all time.
Heroes - before it turned to s**t.
Simpsons - see above.
Charmed - don't judge me, I'm completely heterosexual.

If you had to state it, then you're obviously trying to cover something up. Someone's in denial ;)

The only TV shows I consistently watch anymore are Family Guy and storage/pawn/pickers shows, haha. Most of my TV viewing goes to sports (tennis/footy/F1 mostly).

From the past though:
Lost - just an amazing show. Favourite show of all time.
Heroes - before it turned to s**t.
Simpsons - see above.

Those pawn shows are funny... The one with the family business in 8 mile area of Detroit is good fun..
The loons they get in their store are amazing.. i particularly enjoy it when the African American customers start fighting amongst themselves.. espec. the girls..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back