Turning point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Something short, just out of interest.

Often when a game 'turns' it seems you can relate this phenomenon to a particular event in the game. A terrible Umpiring decision, a missed shot on what should have been a dead set goal, a fumble at a crucial moment, an injury (dare I mention injury?), a KO behind play, a rotten or lucky bounce...and buckets more.

For a quickie, Does anyone want to offer an exact event when the game turned tonight?

Mine will be a very unpopular choice of exact turning point...but Taylor Taylor Taylor, there is a time to bump and a time to tackle.

Unfortunately it was a time to tackle and Taylor went the bump. Game over.

(No, it wasn't Taylor Walker's fault we lost tonight, I just want to see if everyone else has a moment in mind)

Shit really went downhill when that imbecile paid a throw against Tippett, robbing us of a goal, and gifting one to Port.

The writing was on the wall before this happened, but I reckon this was the tipping point. We barely got a sniff of the goals after this.

I nominated the Walker effort in another thread as the turning point (along with Johncock's clangers to gift the Power their first goal when they hadn't looked like scoring).

I think you might be letting Walker off bloody lightly in saying he made the wrong *choice* to bump. That is true but even so it was the complete softness and lack of effort (which I think also influenced the choice) which were more infuriating.

Can't recall if this lead directly to a goal but it says so much about his mindset and his selectiveness in the efforts he makes. I don't think a strong club would have allowed this to persist for so long - where are the senior players pulling him aside and tearing him a new one?

Trengove's two tackles then going into the ruck, huge momentum swing!

Said it in the gameday thread but TEX. :mad:
I'm done with you mate.

Just showed the entire country that we are the softest mob in the AFL......all the more galling because of the cheapies Port were getting away with on us since the 1st bounce.
Come back Roo :(

Shit really went downhill when that imbecile paid a throw against Tippett, robbing us of a goal, and gifting one to Port.

The writing was on the wall before this happened, but I reckon this was the tipping point. We barely got a sniff of the goals after this.

Totally agree - not suggesting for a minute this was why we lost the game, nor even that we deserved to win it, but that decision was a Barry Crocker (I actually thought he paid HTB), and very much put the kibosh on any potential fightback we may have mounted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree - not suggesting for a minute this was why we lost the game, nor even that we deserved to win it, but that decision was a Barry Crocker (I actually thought he paid HTB), and very much put the kibosh on any potential fightback we may have mounted.

I can handle umpires making mistakes where there is interpretation involved, but to guess like that is unforgivable.

Just out of interest - what's the story with Rick Davies in a Power guernsey?

I'm one of those poor souls who barracks for the Power and Sturt thus the perfect match was to put Ricko in a Port top:)

The maggots then compounded it 2 min later when they missed a blatant Port throw in the goal square, with the recipient of the throw kicking a goal.

The umpires didn't cost us this game. Adelaide were so bad that they didn't deserve to win. They were, however, deadset ordinary and deserve to be castigated for their poor performances.

Kills me to agree that the walker moment was dreadful and at a critical moment in the game.

Disgusting show of physicality.

He looked disinterested from the start imo. I wonder if he felt he shouldnt be out there (i.e. can't play well with pain)

Kills me to agree that the walker moment was dreadful and at a critical moment in the game.

Disgusting show of physicality.

He looked disinterested from the start imo. I wonder if he felt he shouldnt be out there (i.e. can't play well with pain)

His first contested effort was actually terrific.

The one the OP mentioned though was awful. And he had several others that followed soon after. Not a good night for Taylor.

The maggots then compounded it 2 min later when they missed a blatant Port throw in the goal square, with the recipient of the throw kicking a goal.

The umpires didn't cost us this game. Adelaide were so bad that they didn't deserve to win. They were, however, deadset ordinary and deserve to be castigated for their poor performances.

Very much how I feel about it as well.

Johncock's stuff up to gift them their first goal was the turning point for mine. We were pretty much all over them until that point. You could feel the momentum swing at that very moment. Absolutely pathetic effort. Have no idea why he was trying to do what he did. He had the option to handball, didn't, tried to be a hero and got caught out. From there, Port kicked a couple more easy goals and it went from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back