TSL licenses 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

most of there players come from Hutchins school, not from the local Sandy Bay community

I wonder if that Hutchins/Sandy Bay link is why Jock McGregor got the Hobart city coaching job? I dont see why that would matter but with Bill Sorell pulling strings, that wouldnt surprise me. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have done to the grand old jumper?
Red, Blue & White???

New HCFC logo, it looks like Pepsi will be on board as major sponsors haha
1402_527300794012128_436273222_n.jpg

It looks like they took a roundel of the side of a model RAF spitfire & stuck the mountain image in the middle.
Yes It looks good but nothing a grade 10 kid couldnt do. I was told that the HCFC will be red & blue still. But they will not be called the demons!
So what does does that say about their new image? Maybe pretty similar to what NHFC has now, but just different enough to annoy the crap out of everyone already at the club.
I dont know why they bother with all this hoo har.
Just leave it as NHFC. 132 years of history is a great marketing tool. Not some half arsed changes that do nothing for the club.

Different, anyway! It could be that Spitfire roundel, or it could be the view from the submarine that's about to launch a nuclear strike on Hobart...heh...

So Hobart has generously donated its colours to Kingborough, South has imparted its hefty legacy to City, who after all the hype will now probably run out in Footscray guernseys...!...who's left - what's the bet the new Prospect team will be the Demons...?

Different, anyway! It could be that Spitfire roundel, or it could be the view from the submarine that's about to launch a nuclear strike on Hobart...heh...

So Hobart has generously donated its colours to Kingborough, South has imparted its hefty legacy to City, who after all the hype will now probably run out in Footscray guernseys...!...who's left - what's the bet the new Prospect team will be the Demons...?

I suppose that submarine could be put to good use, a nuclear strike on Launy would cause a quite a few million $ worth of improvements:p ('tish boom, I'm here all week folks!)

Kingston were always the Tigers, so much for a new marketing strategy there. The other Huon clubs have lost any interest in working with the 'new' club. Hobart City may have still have the same colours, so what was the point of any change to NH?

Prospect are Brown & yellow so may become the Gold diggers:D, I believe they are the hawks, so why not change them too if they are forcing silly changes on other clubs..

I was thinking the same thing Gibbke, they have got rid of the Tigers so they have replaced it with another tigers, they got rid of the bulldogs and looks to have replaced it with something very similar to another bulldogs, all that need to happen is to call South Prospect the Demons and they will have the trifecta just to further annoy the football community. The negativity surrounding this whole league is getting embarrassing for all involved in football but the crazy thing about it is that it has all stemmed from the administrating body.

I heard that that Jock McGregor got the coaching position as there were basically only 2 applicants in the end and Bartlett priced himself out wanting a full time position whereas Jock is only going to part time. Don’t get me wrong I think Jock will do a good job but he has been involved with a lot of clubs including Hobart, North Hobart and Sandy Bay which is a fact I’m sure they will use to promote the new entity.

I also agree Madmug that while the new image is similar to North Hobart’s it’s just different enough to get people off-side. This is eerily similar of what happened with the Southern Cats changing from Sandy Bay Seagulls close to the original but enough different to turn off the diehards and unfortunately I can foresee the same sort of timeline happening this time around.

I heard on the grapevine that the NHFC is to be the sole owner of the HCFC license in the TSL. If so what the forkingheel have we been through for the last 6 months????
I assume it is true. If so it shows that all the crap & guff from AFLTas was just that, all crap & guff.
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY I ask you was the point of all that shyte????????
Tearing clubs apart, meeting after meeting. Nearly destroying HFC, causing so much pain & worry for so many people.
I ask the same question again, what was the point of it all???
Why couldnt they have just given either HFC or NHFC the bloody license in the first place, then help with a business plan?????
They say clubs shouldnt rely on gate takings & beer sales & insult longterm supporters of the game, well Mr CEO, what IS your business model for clubs??? You gave huge handouts to some clubs & then say they are the example to follow??? Give us a big handout & we will copy Burnie, SL, Clarence etc, etc
I just dont believe those clowns, How do they get a job in that circus?????

If it aint true then who owns the other 1/2 of the license & why??????

The
I heard on the grapevine that the NHFC is to be the sole owner of the HCFC license in the TSL. If so what the forkingheel have we been through for the last 6 months????
I assume it is true. If so it shows that all the crap & guff from AFLTas was just that, all crap & guff.
WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY I ask you was the point of all that shyte????????
Tearing clubs apart, meeting after meeting. Nearly destroying HFC, causing so much pain & worry for so many people.
I ask the same question again, what was the point of it all???
Why couldnt they have just given either HFC or NHFC the bloody license in the first place, then help with a business plan?????
They say clubs shouldnt rely on gate takings & beer sales & insult longterm supporters of the game, well Mr CEO, what IS your business model for clubs??? You gave huge handouts to some clubs & then say they are the example to follow??? Give us a big handout & we will copy Burnie, SL, Clarence etc, etc
I just dont believe those clowns, How do they get a job in that circus?????

If it aint true then who owns the other 1/2 of the license & why??????
Hobart Football Club in this case then would have a case for a breech of trade agreement. They were forced to disband their TSL Club and associated employees on the premise that they would not be allowed to exist as an original entity in the TSL. Changing the bar at this late stage opens up AFL Tas to litigation.

The
Hobart Football Club in this case then would have a case for a breech of trade agreement. They were forced to disband their TSL Club and associated employees on the premise that they would not be allowed to exist as an original entity in the TSL. Changing the bar at this late stage opens up AFL Tas to litigation.

I'm not a legal eagle by any means but I shudder when I hear talk of lawyers & courts etc. Only the lawyers really ever win anything.
I think HFC did the right thing & took back their club & are looking to the future.
Less lawyers the better IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read the editorial in the paper about the AFLTas footy enquiry. I agree with what it says.
The 'witch hunt' as they call it is the fault of AFLTas. Having a vision to restructure footy is one thing, being rude, arrogant, dismissive, destructive, sneaky & downright liars when dealing with clubs & the public is no way to get things done.
Its so disappointing that the last 15 years have been nothing but turmoil.
WHY? Why did they have to lie & bully their way around things? What was the point?

Roorat is correct in his assessment and if Hobart wanted to go down the legal route, they have a few lawyers on board who I’m sure would act for the club but I wouldn’t think it would come to that. I have always believed that this licence stuff has been a bit of a furphy put up to be a distraction for the clubs to worry about while ALFTAS have pressed on with what they want to do. AFL TAS has got what they wanted a new club representing the city of Hobart and the 3 traditional clubs (Sandy Bay, North Hobart and Hobart) from the Hobart zone. It has the name Hobart City, it has 2 Hobart Football Club people on the board, it has number of North Hobart people on the board, it has an independent president appointed by AFLTAS, it has a coach that played and coached at Hobart, recently was the assistant coach at North Hobart, and played and has his heart really still with Sandy Bay, it has a brand new logo, it has the colours of North Hobart and Sandy Bay and perhaps a new nickname and jumper design. If North Hobart are granted the 100% license share is anything of what I just mentioned going to change? If not what does having a percentage of the license actually mean?

This whole thing from the start despite all the talk and license application process was orchestrated by AFLTAS to get what they wanted even the SFL have also got what they wanted a SFL club from the city region. I think at the start they thought that the roles would be reversed with North Hobart going down the SFL avenue and being the more minor party in the alignment, but when the other Huon teams didn’t show an interest in the Huon-Kingborough side and Kingborough threatened to pull out if they couldn’t be called the tigers then Hobart City (despite some assurances initially to the HFC board) were never going to retain Hobart’s emblem or colours which was one of the reasons why they opted out of the license share. The other big reason why Hobart opted out was when pressed to explain what was the point in having a 50% share (or 100% share) in a licence in the new entity when you couldn’t determine the clubs name, the colours, the logo, the members couldn’t vote for the president etc...they couldn’t provide an answer.

I was thinking the same thing Gibbke, they have got rid of the Tigers so they have replaced it with another tigers, they got rid of the bulldogs and looks to have replaced it with something very similar to another bulldogs, all that need to happen is to call South Prospect the Demons and they will have the trifecta just to further annoy the football community. The negativity surrounding this whole league is getting embarrassing for all involved in football but the crazy thing about it is that it has all stemmed from the administrating body.

I heard that that Jock McGregor got the coaching position as there were basically only 2 applicants in the end and Bartlett priced himself out wanting a full time position whereas Jock is only going to part time. Don’t get me wrong I think Jock will do a good job but he has been involved with a lot of clubs including Hobart, North Hobart and Sandy Bay which is a fact I’m sure they will use to promote the new entity.

I also agree Madmug that while the new image is similar to North Hobart’s it’s just different enough to get people off-side. This is eerily similar of what happened with the Southern Cats changing from Sandy Bay Seagulls close to the original but enough different to turn off the diehards and unfortunately I can foresee the same sort of timeline happening this time around.
Hobart City Football Club had 1 other applicant I can tell you his name was Peter Zelesco and he is living in WA I went to school with him and friends on facebook he was told (seen emails) he would get interview but wasn't interviewed at all and Probert did all the emails and I can tell you he wanted part time roll as well but never even given him an opportunity or interview and his qualifications are 10 times better than jocks don't get me wrong I know and like jock but really this is an absolute debacle and I wish jock all the best he is going to need it as these people are not the genuine article at all it will fail or take 10 years to get anywhere ,after reading Probert emails I can tell you that if the enquiry was to look how this bloke was treated there would be a lot of explaining to do anyway go the real Hobart Tigers ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back