MRP / Trib. Tribunal news & reports (keep it all in one thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

5 matches is about right. The horrific manner of the incident should proclude him from gaining any discounts for his clean record or early plea though and thus this just sucks:thumbsdown:

What good is it going to do us for him to have got more?

Not saying I'm sorry for Wellingham as he deserved weeks.
Let's just hope that we receive the same penalty should one of our guys ever do the same.

Its like when you see the family of a murder victim outraged the offender got such a light sentence.

Its all about justice Harker my good man, Justice!

#terrible anology

You get the point though, wont actually help us if he receives a harsher sentence but you just like to feel he got a fair punishment for his actions.

How can the incident be assessed as reckless.

It was intentional as Wellingham's only intention was to "take out" Simmo.

At no stage did he have his eyes on the ball !!!!!!!

They must all gather around a table, share a few jokes, draw straws and play ip dip, dog shit.

What a joke. Never had eyes on the ball. Intention was to take Simpson out.

I thought protecting the player going for the ball was a big thing for the AFL.

The thing that angers me most is that he will most likely be back before Simpson.

Disgusting. I honestly wonder what type of penalty Wellingham would have received had he been a bigger bodied player such as a Barry Hall type.

Didn't take long for Collingwood to accept the penalty and in record breaking time just under 2 hours of the penalty being handed down.

Wellingham accepts 3 game ban

COLLINGWOOD has taken less than two hours to accept the three-match ban handed to Sharrod Wellingham for his brutal bump on Carlton's Kade Simpson.

In an almost unprecedented move, the Magpies moved to confirm Wellingham's suspension in record-breaking time.
It will mean the midfielder will miss the games against Geelong, Hawthorn and the Giants.
He could return against St Kilda in Round 19.
Wellingham was handed a five-match ban originally, with the head high bump leaving Simpson with a broken jaw.
The young gun benefited from a five year good record - even though he only made his AFL debut in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does a player that is assaulted miss more games than his assailant?

So if Simpson did not break his Jaw you would want the suspension reduced?
Surely Lindsay Thomas should have gotten a season suspension for breaking Rohan's ankle then?
Just does not make sense that you link the injury time to the suspension time.

So if Simpson did not break his Jaw you would want the suspension reduced?
Surely Lindsay Thomas should have gotten a season suspension for breaking Rohan's ankle then?
Just does not make sense that you link the injury time to the suspension time.
Not saying they have to be linked, but surely there should be some consideration to damage.
the system already takes into account severe or medium.
How this was not ruled as intentional when the player himself said he tried to hurt Simmo beggars belief.

I hope this means he doesn't have time to go over to Arizona for some "freshening up". I mean the incedent was outrageous, the fact they were planning to send the scumbag over to the USA to take advantage of it was simply shocking.

should not include prior history

i think all offences should be judged on its merits
What is even worse is that the deductions for previous record and guilty plea actually reduces his loading for the next mongrel act. 3 game suspension = 30% loading. I cannot understand why the loading is not based on the number of original demerit points which was 550 and should give the prick a 50% future loading. Basically the AFL have NFI. Be interesting to see if they show this in the round highlights during the Brownlow.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Nice to see the MRP picked up a weak trip on Robinson but not Daisey's strike on Duigan? WTF is going on!!!

5 matches is about right. The horrific manner of the incident should proclude him from gaining any discounts for his clean record or early plea though and thus this just sucks:thumbsdown:

Agree with this. It deserved 5 weeks, not a fan of some incidents being allowed the leniency of early pleas and good records.

Didn't take long for Collingwood to accept the penalty and in record breaking time just under 2 hours of the penalty being handed down.

You're onto it I think, they were probably worried the MRP would change their mind. That happens a bit.

So, wait a second. Let me see if I've understood this situation correctly

A player jumped off the ground, knocked out an opponent and broke his jaw. That same player admitted, on national television for all to hear, that he intended to hurt Kade Simpson......and the incident is deemed to have been reckless, rather than intentional?

Are the MRP for real? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back