Mega Thread TRAINING REPORTS

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there no 6pr interview last night with Ross? the website hasn't posted anything yet, and nobody's mentioned it yet either?

He's on 6PR tonight instead. I'm not sure if that means big nose gets snubbed or not on Channel 7. After the line of questioning Gonzo threw at him last week, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Looking forward to round 9, if we don't beat Mebourne by at least 90 points I'll be disappointing, about time we actually put a team away.

39 on the track although Crosier,Suttcliffe,Spur ran laps plus a few rehab exercises
Hilly was a non show ,no sign of him whatsoever.Pav also no show.
Clark trained well and followed up the session with goal kicking practice
Mora did the early sessions with the main squad then skill work and then ran laps.Mora looks terrific and looks ready to go,he cant be to far away from a run with Peel
Fyfe trained well and ran laps with Mora after leaving the main session
Not a long session this morning ,the main session will be Thurs
Interesting to see if Hilly makes an appearence
Harry Reems might have a different perspective so am looking forward to his report

Thank you for the introduction Mr Salim Malik.

Well the obvious missing from training today was Hilly and now we know why. Glad we didn't ask Roger Hayden again though, as he would have no doubt said that he was fine to play this weekend and will train on Thursday.

The only one else who didn't train apart from the obvious was Peter Faulks, whom many suggested could come into the side to allow Zac Dawson to ruck and Lachie Neale who is out with an ankle injury apparently.

No sign of Pav or Sandi, but I did see Max Duffy in the pool with the budgie smugglers on, whilst Craig Moller just did light gym work.

The mood at training today was good with very little input from RTB, otherwise known by Bluey as the "String Bag." (Salim will explain)

A good sharp 2 hour session with several of our stars allowed to leave the track early in order to keep them fresh.

A good effort by Josh Simpson today whilst Viv Michie continues to impress, and Anthony Morabito is ready for a quarter of footy with Peel for mine. Either that or half a game with the ressies.

Ballas, Ibbo, Subes, Duffman, Crowls, De Boer and Mayne trained well, as did Danyle Pearce.

However Zac Clarke trained really well, completed a full session and ran a few laps at the end before having a few set shots on goal.

His kicking was very accurate today so don't be surprised if he comes straight back into the side this weekend rather than play for Peel.

Those on light duties as mentioned were Cam Sutcliffe, Lee Spurr and Hayden Crozier.

Good afternoon all. Made it down to training this morning, pretty buoyant atmosphere - a fair few smiles on Docker dials. As noted, now with explanation, no Hill. Nor Pav or Sandi or Neale? Some players were wearing different numbers to the ones that they're normally consigned to (Ballas wearing 32, Zac C with 31 and Hannath 26 amongst others. Reminded me of the sort of error of which you would find in playing junior sport, some stoner parent having dropped the ball in washing the teams uniforms that week.), I found that this provided a slightly disorientating effect for the punter. Some nice skills on show however, on what was a brief run through. The underrated Spurr was doing laps, later joined by Crozier, Fyfe, Mora and brothers Zac. Clarke not looking too bad at this stage, in regards to fitness. Didn't seem to be favouring his leg at all. Sutcliffe was gifted some isolated tutoring for much of the session. Morabito stepping up the workload, with an element of understandable caution coming from individual and club in his output. Excellent to see him with ball in hand and on boot again, skills still pretty good - all considered. Barlow, hitting the post from the goal square. You would hope this was the aim. In 1st v 2nds drills - Chrichton, Michie and Fyfe were given the status as neutrals who could perform with both sides. Read into that as you may, in regards to any future promotion of the former two listed players. Upon leaving, heard shrieks and cacophony emanating from the weights room, that worryingly approximated the...ahem "porcine delight" found in "Leaving of Liverpool" :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good afternoon all. Made it down to training this morning, pretty buoyant atmosphere - a fair few smiles on Docker dials. As noted, now with explanation, no Hill. Nor Pav or Sandi or Neale? Some players were wearing different numbers to the ones that they're normally consigned to (Ballas wearing 32, Zac C with 31 and Hannath 26 amongst others. Reminded me of the sort of error of which you would find in playing junior sport, some stoner parent having dropped the ball in washing the teams uniforms that week.), I found that this provided a slightly disorientating effect for the punter. Some nice skills on show however, on what was a brief run through. The underrated Spurr was doing laps, later joined by Crozier, Fyfe, Mora and brothers Zac. Clarke not looking too bad at this stage, in regards to fitness. Didn't seem to be favouring his leg at all. Sutcliffe was gifted some isolated tutoring for much of the session. Morabito stepping up the workload, with an element of understandable caution coming from individual and club in his output. Excellent to see him with ball in hand and on boot again, skills still pretty good - all considered. Barlow, hitting the post from the goal square. You would hope this was the aim. In 1st v 2nds drills - Chrichton, Michie and Fyfe were given the status as neutrals who could perform with both sides. Read into that as you may, in regards to any future promotion of the former two listed players. Upon leaving, heard shrieks and cacophony emanating from the weights room, that worryingly approximated the...ahem "porcine delight" found in "Leaving of Liverpool" :confused:

Many thanks for the report. Great work. As a matter of interest who was doing the tutoring with Sutcliffe?

Many thanks for the report. Great work. As a matter of interest who was doing the tutoring with Sutcliffe?

To be honest John, I couldn't see as the action was taking place on the opposite side of the oval. There appeared to be some exercises involving the co-ordination of left and right handed reception, that I imagine were aimed to improve work around the stoppages. There were some other drills that escape me right now.

I gotta say I love this thread. Harry, Salim and 'Knees' - thanks for the updates after each session.

It is more informative about whats going on at the club than most of the trollop that a lot of the AFL paid journalists serve up week after week.

Looking forward to round 9, if we don't beat Mebourne by at least 90 points I'll be disappointing, about time we actually put a team away.

Unfortunately our game plan is too strict and requires a lot of hard work, so no matter who the opposition is we wont be handing out many, if any 50+ point beltings.
Us putting a team away is scoring 110 and keeping them to around 60.
Wouldnt mind seeing them free the players up to go head to head against teams like Melb, GWS but thats not our style and dont want to get away from doing the basics of our gameplan every week no matter what opposition.
Freeing them up would probably help us belt a team and let the players relieve some mental stress though.

So stick to the structures and gameplan but take the opportunity to give 1 or 2 young players a game and rest a player or 2.

That's fairly cryptic Ben.
Over my head.

I also was at training this morning in the company of Salim, Harry, Ken & Bluey. I have to say these morning meetings at Fremantle Oval are social occasions that I greatly enjoy & look forward to!!

Great reporting on todays training also guys - there isnt much more you could add to what has already been written!

Just walked to the ground at 1200 and was told they trained at 10ish and are on their way to the airport at 1200 so missed it all. But apparently was a short session. Bought some baby dockers gear for the new one about to arrive :) Indoctrinate them from birth

Yeah nice one. I recently had the pleasure of buying a friend's new addition some Docker stuff. Theirs is a family divided between Eagle (Dad) and Docker (Mum) loyalties. Boys often defer to women, so here's hoping. In the meantime, nothing will shut him like a Dockers branded pacifier!

Training was short and sharp this morning. The players seemed to still be on a bit of a high after the weekend.

Clancee and Spurr both barely trained and look in some doubt of making the trip. Pav watched a bit of training at the end and he has his hand strapped rather heavily. Morra joined in until the match sims when he went off on his own. He didn't look too pleased about it at all. Zac C looked good playing as a forward and his set shots were bang on. He also had some great delivery to him on a lead which was good to see. Sutcliffe continues to tear up the track and barely misses a target. We thought Viv would be in line for a call up the way he has been playing and training but he went off with the WAFL boys at the end and they stayed out doing some extra work. The midfielders also stayed and extra 10-15 minutes doing a bit of stoppage work with Kirky and Mark Stone.

Selection will be interesting this week if Clancee and or Spurr don't get up.

Only a handful at training this morning (spectators that is). Irish Docker, Salim, Bluey,Harry & Gaskin.

36 players in total on the track and looked very sharp. Some lovely kicking during the match sims and generally good ball handling. Crighton did fumble a bit though. Mora completed most of the main training sessions and looks set to go with Peel in a couple of weeks.

Bad news - Clancee did not take part in any of the match sims and the consensus is that he is out with an injury. Spurr also pulled out part way through the sims and left the field so must also be doubtful.

Who to come in if these two are injured? Clarke most probably in for Griffin as he trained very well and did not appear hampered by his calf. Fyfe was quite brilliant so of course he's in. Crozier & Sutcliffe to stay in and possibly Michie. It could be that Duffield goes to back pocket, Crozier or Sutcliffe to wing/half back and Michie as the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back