Mega Thread TRAINING REPORTS

Remove this Banner Ad

I know

I know what a decision. I am actually stressing over it quite significantly!! I want the mood - the vibe - to be perfect on Saturday. I don't want to feel stressed by too many people obscuring my views or annoying me cos they are talking shit or getting in my way... But I don't want to miss out on the atmosphere either.

Oh the agony!!
Beware of the troll- the opposition supporter. Usually an Eagles fan disguised as another team going way over the top for whoever Freo plays. The town of Fremantle will be packed, best to get there as easy as possible and get the viewing spot secured. Sail and Anchor is probably the best for this, but hope you are at least 6 foot tall ! (would be nice to be Sandi's height during these times ;))

Beware of the troll- the opposition supporter. Usually an Eagles fan disguised as another team going way over the top for whoever Freo plays. The town of Fremantle will be packed, best to get there as easy as possible and get the viewing spot secured. Sail and Anchor is probably the best for this, but hope you are at least 6 foot tall ! (would be nice to be Sandi's height during these times ;))

except when shopping for clothing

EShed I am with you the marketing people have no idea. Like a crap Hollywood film there is a mentality that making as much noise for as long as possible with superfluous special affects makes a better experience. I remember in the early 90's going to watch Hawthorn vs the Weagles at Subi there was a hush before the game Dunstall and a couple of Hawks wearing suits came out to check the ground condition, went back in the changerooms and everyone was just waiting for the game to begin, you could feel the tension build up. Now you have galahs going ballistic with the microphone completely destroying the atmosphere and the build up of that tension. I also think this is one of the reasons I prefer watching the game at home.

Good luck Sat guys, I think who holds their nerve especially in front of goal will win.

I walked in to the ground this morning and listened to that god awful screaming imbecile and turned and walked out.
This was everything I hated about the Eagles and now they're trying to do it to us.
I will be penning a letter to the club.
I seriously doubt Ross Lyon would have been happy with this.
Thousands of fans?.... no worries it's a people's club.
Radio station idiots ?..... nick off.

I think who holds their nerve especially in front of goal will win.

This is a good point, we had a few with the wobbles in the first half last week...
For the regular training reporters, was there any talk today of where the Thursday session would be? Before the Geelong game didn't Ross make them mark out the lines on Freo oval in the exact dimensions of Kardinya Park?
I doubt this can even be done to turn Freo oval into MCG dimensions, so will they train elsewhere?

EShed I am with you the marketing people have no idea. Like a crap Hollywood film there is a mentality that making as much noise for as long as possible with superfluous special affects makes a better experience. I remember in the early 90's going to watch Hawthorn vs the Weagles at Subi there was a hush before the game Dunstall and a couple of Hawks wearing suits came out to check the ground condition, went back in the changerooms and everyone was just waiting for the game to begin, you could feel the tension build up. Now you have galahs going ballistic with the microphone completely destroying the atmosphere and the build up of that tension. I also think this is one of the reasons I prefer watching the game at home.

Good luck Sat guys, I think who holds their nerve especially in front of goal will win.
it was actually impossible to talk in the buildup as they were streaming 92.9 through powered speakers ringed around the ground with all the overcompressed advertising voices and in-between Basil and 2 other people with really unpleasant grating voices pretty much yelling over the top of each other to say the stupidest thing. I was sitting next to my mate and we gave up trying to talk as we couldn't hear each other it was that loud. They finally shut up a few minutes before the boys came out and you could feel that tension you are talking about then as the boys came out of the clubrooms you could hear a roar start and straight away the spruiker dude started screaming again and everyone stopped. Everyone around me that I could see just stopped cheering and when this fkwit tried to wind us up to chant MCG or Freo people just looked embarrassed and sat there quietly. If they had let it happen naturally it could have been great but someone obviously wanted to stage manage it.

This is a good point, we had a few with the wobbles in the first half last week...
For the regular training reporters, was there any talk today of where the Thursday session would be? Before the Geelong game didn't Ross make them mark out the lines on Freo oval in the exact dimensions of Kardinya Park?
I doubt this can even be done to turn Freo oval into MCG dimensions, so will they train elsewhere?

marking out lines at Freo Prison

Seems to have been a good session to miss. Flying to Melbourne this pm so avoided the temptation to go down. Agree with the comments about all the hoopla and noise that passes for entertainment pre game and during intervals. Things have gone down hill since the days of the Carlton Blue Belles.

Almost certainly at Subiaco on Thursday before flying out in the arvo.
There's a storm forecast for Thursday afternoon so i would think they would aim for an early full on training session.
The club has a chartered Flight organized. I have a friend who is travelling with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost certainly at Subiaco on Thursday before flying out in the arvo.
There's a storm forecast for Thursday afternoon so i would think they would aim for an early full on training session.
The club has a chartered Flight organized. I have a friend who is travelling with them.
what a lucky friend he must be family.

As a rather irregular attendee at training with the regulars I was disappointed with the "hooplalla" put on today. It's a football club not a ruddy circus. By the way where are all these people when training is on during the season. Normally you can attendees on two hands.

Enough rant from me. I'll wind this post up later on.

As a rather irregular attendee at training with the regulars I was disappointed with the "hooplalla" put on today. It's a football club not a ruddy circus. By the way where are all these people when training is on during the season. Normally you can attendees on two hands.

I have no problem with all the people rocking up John. I only very occasionally get to training myself , more in pre-season being on holidays.

It's the damn radio station whoring their brand at insane volume with ridiculous spruiking... that was the problem for me.

See this is what I think it will be like on Saturday. This is swaying me even further to just staying in to watch it. Insane noise from dicks like snoz & co and crawling with people who don't know a thing about the game...
You and others have pretty much decided it for me, i've been tossing up the ideas but I believe I'll watch it in the privacy of my loungeroom... With the small kids locked in the bedrooms at the other end of the house.

Oh I remember seeing you haha, random. I managed to find EShed and 23CmonShane. Also met... Gaskin I think he was, he can confirm I guess.

Yeah that was me. It was good to catch up with E Shed as well since he rarely comes anymore.

So besides the lame bits about the turnout/media was there much to report about the guys on the track? Obviously Jonno and Macca where missing. Anything else worth noting? Boys look relaxed?

Ta

Seriously? Thats a marketing, over-the-top ploy by Channel Seven I'm guessing. FFS, we are not the mob across the road that need a bloke yelling 'SGIO" or "GET YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE EAGGGGGLES". They won't do that in Freo or any of the sites, leave it to the fans.. I Hope.

Nah it was 92.9 not channel 7.

Yeah that was me. It was good to catch up with E Shed as well since he rarely comes anymore.
I've been down a fair bit in the last month or so. Just been hanging on the fence near the old stand on the west side with Salim & Irish rather than coming around the other side. I can no longer come Thursdays due to a regular commitment. Before recently I've been away or working. Pre-season is my main time and my favourite time, getting a look at the new kids and seeing who is where at that time of year.

I've been down a fair bit in the last month or so. Just been hanging on the fence near the old stand on the west side with Salim & Irish rather than coming around the other side. I can no longer come Thursdays due to a regular commitment. Before recently I've been away or working. Pre-season is my main time and my favourite time, getting a look at the new kids and seeing who is where at that time of year.

Ah see there ya go. I can only do Thursdays normally.

Agree that the circus by the radio was over the top and very annoying - but all the fans there can only be a good thing. I had to skip work to be there - being a young fella you can't do that too often :) So I came down as it was a special occasion. I am sure everyone else is the same, 9.30 on Tuesday most people are at work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back