Training Reports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some lucky girl with both the cups. The rugby fans got to have their picture with the rugby trophy and Billy Slater, I was a bit disappointed that we weren't invited to have our picture with our cup. =[

Why do they wear sports bras?

good job eliiiiza, no picks of Shannon though or are they not for publishing??
Oh he's there alright, look harder!

I take it back , that is a Victorian Football League cup:eek:;)
Someone probably stole it and they're now trying to cover it up. ;)

Actually, come to think about it, when Jess and I quickly ducked into Club Cats to use the toilet, the glass case that the NAB Cup and 1963(???) cup are held in didn't have the big cup in it!

Training Report Wed 9th Jan

Did anyone get to go down today? If so please post what you got to see here.

I was only able to see a few minutes worth, this is what I saw:

- one on one drills, players matched against each other were Scarlett v Hawkins, Blake v West, also saw Milburn and Lonergan but couldn't make out their opponents.

- down at the city end David Wheadon was helping a couple of young guys with their kicking/goal-kicking. I think (but I'm not sure) that one was Brody Moles (shaved head), while the other was pretty tall and had kinda boofy/frizzy hair. Maybe Kangars? Anyway the taller guy had a crappy and awkward kicking action (even a hack like me has a better one) and will need a fair bit of work.

- Joel Corey, even though he was pretty far away, was looking fairly buffed muscle-wise, it looked as though he'd been doing alot of weights.

- Chappy and Otto (and maybe Egan) were watching from the interchange gates and just doing things (eg. bike riding) along the boundary line.

Anyway that's all I can remember, like I said if anyone got to see more please post it here.

Cheers.

Re: Training Report Wed 9th Jan

- down at the city end David Wheadon was helping a couple of young guys with their kicking/goal-kicking. I think (but I'm not sure) that one was Brody Moles (shaved head), while the other was pretty tall and had kinda boofy/frizzy hair. Maybe Kangars? Anyway the taller guy had a crappy and awkward kicking action (even a hack like me has a better one) and will need a fair bit of work.

That would be Kangas. Not a footballer more of an athlete. Well a freak athlete. Will need the two years just to work on his skills.

I watched about an hour from 10am - 11am. Chappy was restricted to running laps and some light kicking with a few of the trainers.

Most of the guys were pretty laid back. This is until they started match simulation drills and then it suddenly got really intense. Standouts were Steve Johnson and Stokesy. Some of their disposals were freakish.

Corey Enright looked like he's added 5kg in bulk and Blakey has definately become a man. Got the veins bulging down his cannons. Get on Enright for the Brownlow in 2008. He's huge. Mackie and Lonergun are the same size which is a little disappointing.

Tommahawk looked better but still not tip top. His hands were awesome during marking skills.

Djerrkerra (forgive the spelling) was being called "Jitty".

Moondogs has shaved his head.

Frank and Brian came out for a look and seemed surprised with the crowd turnout. I was too actually. I think there was around 200 people and I was expecting about 30.

Corey and Linga stood out as being the two guys who were taking the training ultra seriously while most of the other players were quite jovial.

My biggest highlight was hearing a 3 year old girl sitting near me yelling out to her favourite players "Lingy" and "Chappy".

This training session was much more enjoyable than the session before the grandfinal. I definately recommend it to those who have never been before. I'd go again next week but I'm back at work which sucks.

46hawk.jpg

Hawkins looks like he lost some fat, looks in good nick.

Nathan Djerrkurra is known as Djidi (pronounced Jiddy).....not Diji or any other derivation of that. I have seen people refer to him as everything other than Djidi on here. It's an Aboriginal word from up his way and means "black magic".

Minor detail, but it has been annoying me.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Djerrkurra is known as Djidi (pronounced Jiddy).....not Diji or any other derivation of that. I have seen people refer to him as everything other than Djidi on here. It's an Aboriginal word from up his way and the translation escaped me now.

Maybe someone should start a thread on nicknames then......

Nathan Djerrkurra is known as Djidi (pronounced Jiddy).....not Diji or any other derivation of that. I have seen people refer to him as everything other than Djidi on here. It's an Aboriginal word from up his way and means "black magic".

I like that name. I hope he plays a few games in 08.

Djidi was looking the goods yesterday, he had plenty of it

Ken Hinkley was impressed with Brodie Moles kicking in the pressure drills, he has quite a nice left foot on him

Diji :)

report on mackie or bartel?
if anybody went to training...

Bartel looked ok but didn't really standout as a big improver. He is slightly more toned in his arms I'd say.

Mackie is the same size as last year. I was impressed with his physicality in contests.

I'd have to say Selwood looked a bit out of touch in the 60 minutes of training that I saw. He didn't get much of the ball during match simulation and when he did his disposals were below par on a few occasions. Don't read too much into my observations as I only had a brief glimpse of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back