Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that we seem to have heavily invested in next year's draft suggests this coming season is going to be a development year. A year for Yze to drill a new game style into the playing group. Similar to what Kingsley did at GWS. I'm looking forward to it.
I have 0 expectations other than playing kids and learning the gameplan this year.

Hopefully come out with a bang in 2025.

Not only do we have an insane draft pick hand, but we will be cashed up to the eye balls, 2024 draft and trade period will be epic.
Rival clubs outside Blair's next trade period.
181213130333-gettyimages-158318139-restricted.jpg

The fact that we seem to have heavily invested in next year's draft suggests this coming season is going to be a development year. A year for Yze to drill a new game style into the playing group. Similar to what Kingsley did at GWS. I'm looking forward to it.
And the fact he said he'd like too see 1st hand the current group.

Pretty happy with how it turned out looks like we balanced the risk v reward pretty well

Looking forward to next years trade period
It makes those whispers about cadman a little more interesting but he’s going to cost at least 2 first rounders

Would be just as happy taking x2 first rounders to the draft with maybe one or two 2nds
Doubt Cadman would cost 2 1sts.
1st & 2nd pending on his development next year.

Doubt Cadman would cost 2 1sts.
1st & 2nd pending on his development next year.
IMO, no chance, he will definitely cost two first rounders without a doubt. If that’s the case, choose two players with those two picks please, especially after hearing Matt Clarke say next years top end of the draft is strong. If that’s correct, add as much talent as possible and don’t trade away good picks.

IMO, no chance, he will definitely cost two first rounders without a doubt. If that’s the case, choose two players with those two picks please, especially after hearing Matt Clarke say next years top end of the draft is strong. If that’s correct, add as much talent as possible and don’t trade away good picks.
Agree, draft the best KPF and Mid available.

Also heard that next years draft is a strong one especially for talls

Who knows if that is actually the case because it also seems that every year the “next” draft is going to be the better one
But a lot of reports had this draft as a relatively weak one at the very least it was heavily compromised at the top end making the chances of getting a decent prospect very hard

Looking forward to next year to see how it all plays out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this time next year it turns out to be a super draft I think we should target Todd Marshall as a free agent and take as many early picks to the draft as possible. With the hand we have, plus a future 1st plus the possibility of JGTI and/or Dusty a chance of leaving it's not unrealistic that we could end up with 3 first round picks plus some. That goes a fair way toward a rebuild.

Cadman would be nice but I reckon he'll re-sign and he'd cost at least 2 x 1st rounders. We'd need to acquire a couple more early picks for the draft for me to be comfortable doing that trade, we need quality kids coming through. Would be a big bonus if Kosi and/or Bauer stepped up this year as a legit quality KPF.

If he’s good enough to be worth 2 firsts then he’s playing one’s and probably stays.

We have to use a 1st rounder next year, if Cadman costs 2 x 1sts then one of them will be a F1

If this time next year it turns out to be a super draft I think we should target Todd Marshall as a free agent and take as many early picks to the draft as possible. With the hand we have, plus a future 1st plus the possibility of JGTI and/or Dusty a chance of leaving it's not unrealistic that we could end up with 3 first round picks plus some. That goes a fair way toward a rebuild.

Cadman would be nice but I reckon he'll re-sign and he'd cost at least 2 x 1st rounders. We'd need to acquire a couple more early picks for the draft for me to be comfortable doing that trade, we need quality kids coming through. Would be a big bonus if Kosi and/or Bauer stepped up this year as a legit quality KPF.
That would be the ideal result

The issue would be if Graham leaves as a free agent and we get Marshall then we lose any compo we would get from graham as a free agent and cant see clubs trading for graham anything better than a 3rd round rubbish pick but if he gets a contract around $500k-$550k we would get a 2nd rounder

I also like the fact that we could possibly end up recouping this year's lost 1st round pick in 2024. Imagine if we head to the 2024 draft with two 1st rounders.
Selling our future my arse Kane Cornes.
Did he say that?

Agree
At this stage I would probably prefer we hit the draft although I wouldn’t be upset at securing a young gun tall

I just feel that we lack a little bit in terms of star power/ability to break games open with our younger players (Bolton the only one in that category at this stage )imho

I’m still very bullish on the likes of Sonz, Juddy ect but not sure if they will be the headliners and the only real way to secure these types of players is at the pointy end of the draft

But still early days and plenty of players just look okay early but develop into household names in time

That would be the ideal result

The issue would be if Graham leaves as a free agent and we get Marshall then we lose any compo we would get from graham as a free agent and cant see clubs trading for graham anything better than a 3rd round rubbish pick but if he gets a contract around $500k-$550k we would get a 2nd rounder
If you got Marshall wgaf about a 2nd rounder 🤦🏻‍♂️

Genuinely worried the AFL won't like us so openly talking about the system rort that is trading a bunch of junk picks for a good one.

But suppose they don't screw us over, a rough estimate would have the additional picks from other clubs giving us an extra ~1700 points, or the equivalent of pick 6-7.

So basically, we should be targetting either Gold Coast's first pick (assuming it falls somewhere around 7 or 8), or something like Carlton/Adelaide's 1st + 2nd.

Effectively a deal of something like 24 + 37 + 42 + 58 + 72 for pick ~6 or the same deal for pick 14 + 32

Then you add in our own picks and we could hit the 2024 draft with 6, 7, 25, 43 or 7, 14, 25, 32, 43.

Possibly even trading up again to try and get into the top 1 or 2 with 6 and 7 or multiple picks in the top 20?

It's all just very loose speculation but we should be able to hit the draft hard and well next year if we play this well.

Back