Top 10 Things to Do When Unemployed

Remove this Banner Ad

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi All, I recently quit my job and, having worked far too hard over the past 10 years, am enjoying a bit of a break before I dive back into serious employment. This freedom will be over all too soon, so I'm keen to hear your ideas about what I should do while unemployed.

I've already grown a mustache :thumbsu:

Any thoughts?

Hi All, I recently quit my job and, having worked far too hard over the past 10 years, am enjoying a bit of a break before I dive back into serious employment. This freedom will be over all too soon, so I'm keen to hear your ideas about what I should do while unemployed.

I've already grown a mustache :thumbsu:

Any thoughts?
Tidy the garden ? Build a shed ? :D And seriously, good luck with what ever employment you take on next:thumbsu:

I'm unemployed at the moment too.

I like to get on the piss on any night I like. Though after that 'thing' I scored with on NYE, I haven't fancied a drink since.

Tidy the garden ? Build a shed ? :D And seriously, good luck with what ever employment you take on next:thumbsu:

Thanks Chug. I'm about to add to my achievments : Go to the gym in the middle of the day.

I'm unemployed at the moment too.

I like to get on the piss on any night I like. Though after that 'thing' I scored with on NYE, I haven't fancied a drink since.

LOL. We've all been there!

Good :) How's Little Egga?
Think I remember you have a new baby ?

Yes, Abbie is great and thank you for asking. She has just turned 8 weeks old and was excited to get her first North jumper for Christmas. I feel very fortunate to have this time to spend with her. I'm also glad I don't have to show up for work after a night without sleep!

Yes, Abbie is great and thank you for asking. She has just turned 8 weeks old and was excited to get her first North jumper for Christmas. I feel very fortunate to have this time to spend with her. I'm also glad I don't have to show up for work after a night without sleep!
Nice :) I usually remember things and remember reading your post re Abbie , but could have been mistaken .
Re your opening post . Do you want to do any study?

Last edited:
Nice :) I usually remember things and remember reading your post re Abbie , but could have been mistaken .
Re your opening post . Do you want to do any study?

Actually, I want to use the time mainly to recharge. Work has been stressful and exhausting (intellectually), so I'm not looking to do anything intellectually strenuous. Hopefully I'll eat better, sleep longer, get more exercise, etc. Building a shed would be a good idea if I had a back yard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cosmopolitan rickety.
Wrong thread, not sure if there's a right thread .... saved a boy from drowning today. Kings Beach in Caloundra, not to be confused with the Kings Beach over in Syria. Kid was out a little deep, got barrelled, went under, bobbed up, got barrelled, went under, bobbed up, I called out if he was ok, he said no, sunk, I grabbed his arm and am now happily telling the tale. Lucky kid, thankful mum and massive street cred from my best little mate :)

Wrong thread, not sure if there's a right thread .... saved a boy from drowning today. Kings Beach in Caloundra, not to be confused with the Kings Beach over in Syria. Kid was out a little deep, got barrelled, went under, bobbed up, got barrelled, went under, bobbed up, I called out if he was ok, he said no, sunk, I grabbed his arm and am now happily telling the tale. Lucky kid, thankful mum and massive street cred from my best little mate :)
I helped out a rather large bloke who was in trouble at Safety Beach around 10 years. Had drifted out a bit and panicked and was screaming for help. Swam out and told him to grab me. Paddled back. He thanked me etc and then sat down and lit a ciggie.

Anyway back on topic, after we finished uni back in the early 90’s a bunch of us (mostly Western suburbs bums) would take summers off go on the dole for 3-4 months and would head down the coast to surf, drink, party, play golf, tennis etc. Those were the days when getting the dole was so so easy. Great times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back