4. Jarrad Roughead
5. Matthew Lloyd
6. Brendan Fevola
7. Jason Akermanis
8. Cameron Ling
9. Jonathan Brown
10. Mark Williams

I am sure there are players that I have left out
he has games where's his accuracy is perfect but then the following week he can kick 4.7 + out of bounds on the full (eg. vs. essendon this year).

genuinely accurate but also inconsistent. perhaps more due to his lingering ankle injury but still, not sure if i'd rate him at 6.

if you're measuring players now on accuracy, that would be a decent list ... lloyd probably a bit further down. But if you're measuring across their careers then 1. Lloyd and 2. Green without a doubt.

• Banned
he has games where's his accuracy is perfect but then the following week he can kick 4.7 + out of bounds on the full (eg. vs. essendon this year).

genuinely accurate but also inconsistent. perhaps more due to his lingering ankle injury but still, not sure if i'd rate him at 6.

if you're measuring players now on accuracy, that would be a decent list ... lloyd probably a bit further down. But if you're measuring across their careers then 1. Lloyd and 2. Green without a doubt.

I attribute much of Fevola;s inaccuracy this year to his injury. Prior to this year he was terrific

1. Jason Porplyzia
2. Jack Anthony
3. Brad Green
4. Jarrad Roughead
5. Matthew Lloyd
6. Brendan Fevola
7. Jason Akermanis
8. Cameron Ling
9. Jonathan Brown
10. Mark Williams

Pretty good list, suprisingly Greeny not as reliable as he once was. Seems his move into the midfield and down back 06 onwards his kicking at goal has suffered but still a good set shot.

Similarly llyod seems to be not as deadly since his hammy injury but still a good shot.

I reckon Lecras should be in there, an incredible set shot! Also Jolly IMO is sydneys best set shot but not sure whether he would sneak in or not

Agree, can pretty much mark it down as 6 points when LeCras takes a grab inside 50.

1. John Anthony
2. Jason Porplyzia
3. Brendan Fevola
4. Matthew Lloyd
5. Daniel Bradshaw
6. Jonathan Brown
7. Cameron Ling
8. Brad Green
9. Jason Akermanis
10. Jarryd Roughead

I still think Mark "shotgun" Williams is still the best set shot in our team, we just don't give him as many set shots as we used to. His career accuracy is 65%, Roughead is only 60%. Although Roughead seems to have improved this year.

Others who have been accurate recently: Barry Hall, Austin Wonaeamirri

Roughead shouldn't be on the list. I've seen him miss shots from directly infront plenty of times. Surely Mark Williams would be ahead of him, his reputation lies in being Hawthorn's straightest kick.

Daniel Bradshaw should be on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep could be wrong but I'm pretty sure one of the commentators said last week in the Geelong game that Lecras was 17-2 from set shots. Just before he hit the post:eek:.

Hes up there with Anthony and Porplyzia this season it is just his snapping for goal in a couple of games that brought his accuracy down.

1. Jason Porplyzia
2. Jack Anthony
3. Brad Green
4. Jarrad Roughead
5. Matthew Lloyd
6. Brendan Fevola
7. Jason Akermanis
8. Cameron Ling
9. Jonathan Brown
10. Mark Williams

brad green wtf??? :thumbsdown:

What a joke leaving LeCras out

Obviously you watch your own team more than any other which may come across as 'bias', but I would throw up Daniel Giansiracusa as a gun shot for goal. He is not a name that would leap to mind for most footy followers but I can promise you the bloke virtually never misses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back