Bumped Tom Hawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Pods was better than Hawkins on the weekend.

Even though Pods couldn't take a mark he made a contest and got the ball to ground, he crashed into players multiple times. He has more intent, which is what matters.

The whole 2 ruck thing is a load of rubbish, you can play 2 rucks as long as they can contest in the forward/backline. You cant have 2 Mark Blakes in the ruck.

Why bother playing Mooney at CHB or in the ruck? just give West a game already

Leave Hawkins in the forwardline and if he keeps playing poorly replace him with Mooney or Brown (if he is ever ready).

Spot on Krisho. With some really insightful analysis like "because he's s**t at the moment".

It's unbelievable really.

I thought he played a more than handy game on the weekend. Ok, Port aren't anything to get excited about, but at least he held onto his marks, started to hit a few blokes, and even did some handy things in the ruck.

I know others think he should be Wayne Carey by now, but as far as i'm concerned i've seen plenty to like so far from Tom in 2011.

Define better performed Ammo Man.... Pods is a natural forward and will be imo, the most consistent out of the three over the course of the season. Moons is on his last legs, play him on the ball as the back up ruckman and if he breaks down along the journey so be it. Personally, I would play a smaller forward line, using Menzel, Duncan, Chappy,Johno,Stokes, Byrnes, Jimmy in a rotation with Pods and the resting Otto. Remember when Otto first came to the club and played forward he helped Chappy and Johnno become the players they are today.With Tomahawk, he needs to learn and execute his role....whatever it may be. Either play him from the goalsquare (instead of Pods) or have him learn the role required by playing in the VFL. Basically...Moons, Pods, and Toma cannot play all together in the one side...

Why don't we just ban anybody over 6 feet tall from entering skilled stadium!!!!!!!!
Yer got yah 39 scoring shots at goal last week and a decent winning score playing with three talls, why spoil the party????

Why don't we just ban anybody over 6 feet tall from entering skilled stadium!!!!!!!!
Yer got yah 39 scoring shots at goal last week and a decent winning score playing with three talls, why spoil the party????

Because the team we played are bloody woeful and we will NOT get 39 scoring shots against a top 8 team.

Why has Mooney escaped all the ejection talk. One of my all time favourites, but he looks very slow, almost disinterested, and nearly begging to be dropped.

Very true. I was quite happy with his game against St Kilda but last Sunday was very worrying. And he was NOT good in defense and ruck. It is not 2004 anymore and he is WAY too slow for those positions now. The one time the young big Port fwd he was on got a chance he marked way out in front of Moons and nailed the goal.

Why has Mooney escaped all the ejection talk. One of my all time favourites, but he looks very slow, almost disinterested, and nearly begging to be dropped.

Agree.

While Hawkins isn't great in the ruck, Mooney is even worse.

He's lost all spring and pace. I do think he's trying, but I don't think his body is up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins lovers have been spewing the same old defense of him since he came into the league.
The fact is, he has had every opportunity to stand up and be a quality forward for us and he just can't do it. Has the same signature move since day 1. Take a mark and either; a) wheel around and fall over and lose possession/give away free kick, b) Wheel around try and give it off until a teammate demands he take a shot, then spray it.

Hawkins lovers have been spewing the same old defense of him since he came into the league.
The fact is, he has had every opportunity to stand up and be a quality forward for us and he just can't do it. Has the same signature move since day 1. Take a mark and either; a) wheel around and fall over and lose possession/give away free kick, b) Wheel around try and give it off until a teammate demands he take a shot, then spray it.
You have omitted the moves where for good parts of the game he gives away cms and contests ruck hitouts, gets possession of the ball and feeds mids, then goes forward again to try your moves.

This reminds me of an email I sent to a massive Hawkins hater just yesterday comparing Brown and Hawkins:

Here are some comparisons between Jonathan Brown and Tom Hawkins at the same stage of their careers (62 games). Both started their careers in good sides and both played mostly forward.

Goals: Brown - 62 : Hawkins - 80

Marks: Brown - 327 : Hawkins - 319

Disposals: Brown - 774 : Hawkins - 710

Tackles: Brown - 70 : Hawkins - 128

Hit Outs: Brown - 51 : Hawkins - 136

Hawkins may never become as good as Brown, but I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/big-ca...n-jonathan-brown/story-fnect155-1226443437850

He's on track...

Ouch.

Classic.

We're shockin, we did the same to Trav Varcoe all of last yearand now everybody keeps saying how we don't have him and he'd make us better.

Our mantra should be 'let's not be Collingwood supporters' and we should be right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back