Mystery Tolkiens warning

Remove this Banner Ad

I can totally see how a comparison can be drawn between LotR and the current ME situation.

Finding deep and disturbing geopolitical warnings in Tolkien.

Wether this is serious or not, thanks for making me laugh today.

So who are the men of Gondor and the Elves in this analogy?

And does this leave Australia as the Shire?

And does this make us all short people with strong homo-erotic tendencies and a penchant for evil jewelry?

Hmmm... disturbing indeed.

Tolkien insisted there was no allegory in his stories. Anyway the themes in his books can be found time and again in every part of human history and today.

So who are the men of Gondor and the Elves in this analogy?

And does this leave Australia as the Shire?

And does this make us all short people with strong homo-erotic tendencies and a penchant for evil jewelry?

Hmmm... disturbing indeed.

Nah the Israelis are the elves. When it all gets too hard they head off over the seas to Aman otherwise known as New York.

And remember I would know! :D

So you dont agree with the analogy?.....wait a sec you do???

His books were about war, factions, alliances, treachery, how hard is it find an analogy with real life? I'm pretty sure his focus on the destruction of nature came about from his experiences in the trenches in WWI when forests were turned to mud plains from all the shelling, not some psychic reference to the future of the middle east. I could be wrong,it's happened before.

Nah the Israelis are the elves. When it all gets too hard they head off over the seas to Aman otherwise known as New York.

And remember I would know! :D

Hang on - aren't you sposed to be imprisoned in the void?

When the other Valar and Sauron find out find out shits gonna hit the fan.

Yeah... I read the Silmariliion. I'm a geek.

;)

;)

You're only a geek if you've read the entire history of middle earth series :p

Then there are the uber-geeks, fluent in silvan.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

;)

No but my political views are often described as being from a void. I have lost count of how many times I have read that book and the middle earth fill-ins that Schism mentions.

Couple of other comments on other posts. Tolkien was against industrialisation of England hence why Sauron uses 'machines' of war whilst the Elves etc craft from nature.

As for speaking Silvan, its Noldarian or you are just a Morquendi.

I always thought his warning was more not to follow a old bloke down a mineshaft when you know he smokes copious quantities of ganja in his spare time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back