London 2012:
Athletics = 9G , 12S, 7B
Swimming = 16G, 9G, 6B

Beijing 2008:
Athletics = 7G , 10S, 8B
Swimming = 12G, 9G, 10B

So close, but not quite apparently
There you go. Thanks. Very surprised.

Makes sense they demand the swimming prime time then (and the Olympics organisation who pride themselves on 'no sponsors' sell their soul)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

How did Thompson-Herah know that she had won on the finish line? Didn't see her look over her shoulder or anything so was ballsy to raise the arm early
Often the big screen is visable when they run. Saw an American in the heats just watching herself the whole time while winning the heat (that's what it looked like anyway, she was looking to the left while running).

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

There you go. Thanks. Very surprised.

Makes sense they demand the swimming prime time then (and the Olympics organisation who pride themselves on 'no sponsors' sell their soul)
The other thing to remember is that 30-50% of those golds in Athletics are field events/marathon/decathlon etc that aren't quick and easy to watch which makes them lesser TV events.

With most swimming events, its over in a couple of minutes and the winner is decided which is similar to most track events, but unlike the other Athletics ones

Bencic on playing for women's doubles gold tmw

"I will play like it's the last match of my career. It's the freaking Olympic Games! For me it's the biggest thing ever for an athlete. I cannot believe I have two medals and one of them is gold and one to be decided."

Bencic, not long after winning gold in the tennis womens singles for the Swiss. the 2nd swiss player to win a singles gold at an Olympics.

TBF She is 10 years younger than Novak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pommy women in the BMX Freestyle has just done a world first 360 back flip in any women's comp, to go from last to first and knocked Aussie Natalya Diehm out of a bronze medal.

The pommy women in the BMX Freestyle has just done a world first 360 back flip in any women's comp, to go from last to first and knocked Aussie Natalya Diehm out of a bronze medal.
Well deserved Gold medal run.
Hard to beat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back