Work & Education Today I learnt...

Remove this Banner Ad

I learnt that just when you thought things couldn't get any worse for the MFC I was wrong we still had to get through round one.

I learnt not too venture into the past of this board. Seriously I don't know how CowboyFromHell lasted this long. I just read some of the stuff from 2001 and it hurt me in a place no words can describe.
The internet was young & innocent then my good man.

I learnt not too venture into the past of this board. Seriously I don't know how CowboyFromHell lasted this long. I just read some of the stuff from 2001 and it hurt me in a place no words can describe.

Not quite sure what you mean big fella! Will need you to elaborate.

But yes, I was a young fella back then and this was a totally different place. It's hard to describe as we don't have many left from back then.

Not quite sure what you mean big fella! Will need you to elaborate.

But yes, I was a young fella back then and this was a totally different place. It's hard to describe as we don't have many left from back then.
Just mean't you've done well not to be driven to insanity haha
Also, another thing I just learn't was that Cale Morton polled 4 brownlow votes in his first season, hasn't polled one since...

Just mean't you've done well not to be driven to insanity haha
Also, another thing I just learn't was that Cale Morton polled 4 brownlow votes in his first season, hasn't polled one since...

Ha ha, I can see why you would say that. Back in the early days it was only a very small core set of posters, and there were just as many girls here as there were guys (and the first mod of the Dees board was a girl... she was a mega bitch though...) and we regularly went to games together each week, grabbed beers after the game and so forth. There was only a core group of around 10 so there wasn't as much going on and it was far easier to moderate. Plus I met a variety of posters from the others boards as there were basically no trolls around then either.

They were good days to post if you were there but I can see why it would look weird to others. But I enjoy this place just as much now, there is more going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pear Cider isn't just for bogans and wife-beaters. It's a VAB* for us civilised folk too. Quite tasty.

*Viable Alternative Beverage

Picked one at random mate, way more choices than I expected. Went with Kopparberg.

Have any recommendations?
Koppaberg isn't a bad sort. Very similar to Rekorderling, which is swedish from memory, I think most are actually. I also like Herrljunga +46 Pear or Apple Cider, they're cheaper, and just as nice, perhaps a little less sweet. BWS sell them for 8 or 10 bucks a 4 pack. I work in a Bottle-o so I tend to bring one or two home every now and then. Steer clear of Castaway if you can, not very nice imo.

Koppaberg isn't a bad sort. Very similar to Rekorderling, which is swedish from memory, I think most are actually. I also like Herrljunga +46 Pear or Apple Cider, they're cheaper, and just as nice, perhaps a little less sweet. BWS sell them for 8 or 10 bucks a 4 pack. I work in a Bottle-o so I tend to bring one or two home every now and then. Steer clear of Castaway if you can, not very nice imo.
Slightly less sweet sounds good so I'll definitely give +46 a go. :thumbsu:

Yeah, would never have guessed such a large proportion of brands are Swedish imports but I guess they have to come from somewhere.

Won't touch Castaway, cheers for the heads up. It feels wrong getting Strongbow too but I'm sure it isn't too bad.

Slightly less sweet sounds good so I'll definitely give +46 a go. :thumbsu:

Yeah, would never have guessed such a large proportion of brands are Swedish imports but I guess they have to come from somewhere.

Won't touch Castaway, cheers for the heads up. It feels wrong getting Strongbow too but I'm sure it isn't too bad.
Yeh, I haven't for some reason had a strongbow, but value for money you can't go wrong with +46. But there are many different varieties of Strongbow as well, so you may find a good one. It's quite surprising how many ciders there are, and from what I'm selling it's certainly becoming more popular with males.

Yeh, I haven't for some reason had a strongbow, but value for money you can't go wrong with +46. But there are many different varieties of Strongbow as well, so you may find a good one. It's quite surprising how many ciders there are, and from what I'm selling it's certainly becoming more popular with males.
Definitely a unisex beverage in Australia I think but overseas it seems like there are a few more aficionados.

Will try Magners (Irish) too, speaking of which there is one of the least sophisticated reviews of anything on YT for Magners.

Can't embed here due to language.

Definitely a unisex beverage in Australia I think but overseas it seems like there are a few more aficionados.

Will try Magners (Irish) too, speaking of which there is one of the least sophisticated reviews of anything on YT for Magners.

Can't embed here due to language.
Haha, i've looked at having a Magners, perhaps I'll bring a traveller from work on Sunday. I've also heard good things about Mercury Dry Cider. Heaps of blokes come in after work and buy a single or two. Again less sweet, but that just means you can sink more down.

Pear Cider isn't just for bogans and wife-beaters. It's a VAB* for us civilised folk too. Quite tasty.

*Viable Alternative Beverage
You can get it balancing accounts receivable, you can get it buying a European luxury vehicle, you can get it paying your gardener to mow the lawn... matter of fact, I got it now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back