Mystery Titanic Tourist Submarine Lost * Found as Debris

Remove this Banner Ad

This sub is being controlled by a Logitech game controller and parts from a local camping store. How can a sub be allowed for such depths with this type of equipment? Yet these rich dudes payed $250,000 for a seat?

It's unregulated and uncertified. OceanGate, probably similarly to Ghislaine Maxwell's sub under the Terra Marr project did whatever it wanted evading regulatory bodies and certification.

I can't speak for the quality of the whole sub, but using game controllers for these sorts of things is common practice and not at all unusual.

I understand but going down 4km depths wouldn't you want high tech state of the art equipment preferably military grade?

Here is the video that has been delete from my original tweet.

I understand but going down 4km depths wouldn't you want high tech state of the art equipment preferably military grade?

Yes you would. Even being in a boat on top of the ocean has plenty of risks let alone what these guys were doing. Like going into the outback with little water and no gps or way of communicating.

Sonar expert says underwater 'banging' heard by Coast Guard at sub search site is 'debris falling from the decaying wreck' - and proof of life of Titanic Five is 'wishful thinking'​

You'd expect the controller to be fixed in somewhere as well, safe from dropping it on the floor and someone standing on it for example and breaking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While not exactly sure how much oxygen might be left on Titan, there could be some hope. Crew of Pisces III spent 84 hours trapped in their submersible before being rescued with only 12 minutes of oxygen left. They were lifted out by the US Navy.
How deep was the Pisces III through? At almost 4km down for the Titan I think it’s all false hope.

How deep was the Pisces III through? At Almost 4km down for the Titan I think it’s all false hope.

Not sure and I agree, it isn't the same kind of situation. Unfortunately, unless there's some kind of miracle and they're found floating up top somewhere, there doesn't seem to be much hope of saving them if we hang on to it until the last.

Not sure and I agree, it isn't the same kind of situation. Unfortunately, unless there's some kind of miracle and they're found floating up top somewhere, there doesn't seem to be much hope of saving them if we hang on to it until the last.
They are bolted in so even if they somehow have surfaced up top without being found yet they can’t get out and will still run out of oxygen.

Saw it written somewhere, but often they use older equipment that has been well and truly proven and tested (with clear knowledge of when and how it fails) not necessarily state of the art stuff.

Meanwhile, brand new products often fail in unexpected ways. The game controller is an amusing talking point, but probably one of the least likely points of failure given how rarely game controllers actually fail under heavy use, and gamers aren't exactly known to go easy on their controllers.

Steve Lookner's Agenda Free TV youtube Channel has of course been running a series of live very very long streams covering this cliffhanger.

The current livestream is

'Titanic Tourist Submersible Still Missing - LIVE Breaking News Coverage (Search Updates)'

I wonder if it's crossed any of their minds yet to murder Rush and save on oxygen.

I wonder if it's crossed any of their minds yet to murder Rush and save on oxygen.

There's less murderous ways to try save oxygen.

'Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live this morning, Terry said: "(Staying calm), it's the hardest thing to do. What someone had mentioned to me is that one of the protocols would be for the crew to take basically sleeping medicine, Benadryl, just knock yourself out.

"That slows your heart rate, it reduces oxygen consumption, and then the captain would stay awake and he'd be the guy banging on the walls.

"I'm not sure if that's what they're doing but whatever you can do to stay calm would be very important because it not only helps you stay calm and make smart decisions, which is not easy in a situation like this, but it also allows you to breathe less oxygen which is a key thing, that is the limiting factor as I understand it.'

There's less murderous ways to try save oxygen.

'Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live this morning, Terry said: "(Staying calm), it's the hardest thing to do. What someone had mentioned to me is that one of the protocols would be for the crew to take basically sleeping medicine, Benadryl, just knock yourself out.

"That slows your heart rate, it reduces oxygen consumption, and then the captain would stay awake and he'd be the guy banging on the walls.

"I'm not sure if that's what they're doing but whatever you can do to stay calm would be very important because it not only helps you stay calm and make smart decisions, which is not easy in a situation like this, but it also allows you to breathe less oxygen which is a key thing, that is the limiting factor as I understand it.'

Provided any of them have sleepers on them and enough for five over three plus days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back