This Is The 80's!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

\
Going to start with a couple that were not my favourite songs but for me these two encapsulate the 80's.

Both 80s classics for sure - Fade to Grey especially so captures the feel of that decade imo.

I love this “live” (that is, lip synched version to a studio audience) performance of Fade to Grey. It comes complete with an Uma Thurman impersonator (who was apparently Billy Idol’s girlfriend for a time), who had more or less nailed the role of Uma before Uma was even born - uncanny!

Okay, so I have been running with the 'Favourite Song' series of threads for a while now. Consider this thread just a spin off of those sort of like 'Happy Days' spawning 'Joannie Loves Chachi'! :)

Given this was the era I grew up the 80's music is still my favourite decade, looking back now it is daggy and even downright embarrassing but some of the songs and acts it produced where exceptional.

So this thread is to share songs and memories of the decade of decadence.....the 80's!

I could lose a lot of time in this thread if I’m not careful - love music in general, and from the 80s in particular. Just ban me if I get too carried away, and save me from myself! Please use your “likes” carefully folks, as it’ll only encourage me.

Last edited:

Not quite music alone but this scene just blew me away in the 80's
Badalamenti helped it along with the soundtrack but this was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Twin Peaks was full of scenes that were beautiful, sad, warm, dark, and uplifting all at the same time, and the Lynch / Badalamenti combo somehow managed to make me feel nostalgic when I was barely in my 20s! Here’s one of my favourite scenes ... although I thought Ron Iddles was supposed to be the Good Cop:

One to add into the mix, about romantic love or heroin - take your pick. I presume that the movie directors who choose it as an upbeat, feel-good listing on their soundtracks adhere to the latter interpretation!

Another (Australian) gem imo ... although I’m a bit of a sucker for Byrds-inspired jangly guitars.

I’ll stop now, before someone sends around the CATT to check on my welfare ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back