Prediction Things You like to see in the 2017 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
:thumbsu: I guess like all of us I look forward to the 2017 season with optimism. Lot of hard work to do and setbacks to be endured as well no doubt. Any footy season has great wins and terrible losses but these are a few of things I want to see.

1. We beat Collingwood-I think we seriously need to put this one behind us, and give Eddy something to whinge about.
2. Beat West Coast- Bit less of a worry for me as I rate them, and I dont think we played badly against them in our last loss. In my view they took it and our turn will come. In Perth would be great and I think a realistic goal, but Spotless if necessary.
3. I think we have to aim at finishing in the top 2, we cant rely on the Swans gifting us home finals again. Top 4 is a pass mark though, a tough assignment again but I hope we're ready.
4. To kick off with a win against the Crows at home to make an early statement we're ready to beat gòod sides away.
5. Bulldogs-Lets make Friday nights our favourite time to watch footy. Need I say more.
5. Finally on a personal level Cumming and Tiziani in particular to have great years and debut in the AFL side. Wish all the guys well of course, but will be watching their progress with particular interest.
:cool:All my life I've blamed over exposure to lead as a child, from dust blowing off the skimp dumps, for any screw ups at work.
Please grant them the same exuse if necessary. I seriously hope it wont be.

- Win the comp
- Beat Collingwood
- Have 3 players in the AA squad
- Have an average home crowd attendance of 15,000

- Jezza to kick 70 goals
- Shiel to reach AA form
- Patton to continue on from his form this year, to kick 45-50 or thereabouts

Wins over pies and wce
Top 2 finish
Grand final berth
Premiership
Coleman for Cameron
Rising star for hopper
Brownlow for coniglio
Norm smith for The General
All Australian squad for 10 players
All Australian team for 5 players
Re-sign core group of players
Retain rights to brander and spargo

1-2 midfielders to step up and be considered in the top handful in the game (with Bontempelli, Dangerfield, Pendlebury etc)

Premiership

Likely the two being connected ;-)

Bonus points for a Zac Williams Norm Smith Medal.

Wins over pies and wce
Top 2 finish
Grand final berth
Premiership
Coleman for Cameron
Rising star for hopper
Brownlow for coniglio
Not much on your wish list this Christmas then! Hope you've been a very good boy this year for Santa Claus to deliver that. :)
Still, I'd be happy if that was the year's haul. :thumbsu:

Wins over pies and wce
Top 2 finish
Grand final berth
Premiership
Coleman for Cameron
Rising star for hopper
Brownlow for coniglio
Norm Smith for the General is intriguing. Would be delighted of course. He does seem to be steadily growing in confidence, relies a bit on how opposition sides match up our talls. Ithink he has the physique and skills to be a Tex or a Kennedy if Leon plays him that way. Think he might end up aiming at being more like Roughead who spends time around the ground though.

Winning the GF is obviously the main one. Other than that, definitely beating Collingwood and WCE would be good! I'd also love to see Patrick Dangerfield bestow a medal upon one of our boys on the Monday leading up to our GF. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Win the grand final.

2) Finish the regular season with 150+ percent.

3) Finally beat every team. WCE's and Collingwood are the only teams left.

4) Smash the living daylight out of the Western Bulldogs. Hopefully both times.
Twice would be good. Your assuming we wont meet in the finals? Works for me

1. Wins against the Pies and the Eagles.

2. Smashing the Bulldogs (or at the very least some outstanding television numbers for our two Friday night games)

3. Another finals series in the top 4 (but maybe skip the win and get a week off business after the last round bye drama)

Optimistic 4. Grand Final berth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back