Things that please you

Remove this Banner Ad

Just came across the name Richard Cox. What kind of parents do that to a kid?
We have a regular at work called Richard Burgers.

He tries to play it off as “Burgess” but he isn’t fooling anyone.

I did the same many years ago in my first house - again, not a sparky but knew enough to at least turn the power off before doing works.

I'd replaced 4-5 already, and the last one was in the kitchen - problem was, that house had no window in the kitchen, so it was too dark to see properly. I turned the power back on, checked all the other switches were now working, and turned on the dining room light (so I could see). Tried to flick the kitchen light on, but the whole plate moved.....so I put my hand behind the plate to hold it steady...

When I woke up a few seconds later, I was sitting 3m away against the dining room wall, with a dent in the plaster where I had hit. I couldn't move and was shaking. Wife called the ambulance, but by the time they arrived 30 minutes later I was already feeling better. Still, they put me on the machines and made me go down to the hospital for a full check as my heart was racing.

I still can't believe I just put my hand there, moments after turning the power back on. Sheer absent-minded stupidity.

Jesus, glad you’re ok.

My son, having his poem (written at age 14) included in an anthology of poetry for children, edited by Jackie French and called "This is Home", which was launched at the National Library of Australia today. My son read his poem (beautifully!) at the launch, together with other established poets such as Libby Hathorn and Geoff Page. Other poets whose work is in the anthology include Banjo Patterson, Henry Lawson, Omar Musa, Andy Griffiths and Shaun Tan. My son was the only child whose work was included. SO PROUD!

https://www.booktopia.com.au/this-is-home-jackie-french/prod9780642279385.html

Last edited:
So if we see the AFL tweet **** Carlton we'll know you got the job
That's a pretty good indicator.
Also, you'll see a lot more Dylan Shiel propaganda.

Though as an aside, I may have to cease the Game Day threads....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finding $10 on the ground.
Did you know that you're legally obliged to attempt to find the owner or hand that in to the police? True story. Of course, no one would bother for $10 but if you found $2k you'd certainly be breaking the law if you just kept it!

Did you know that you're legally obliged to attempt to find the owner or hand that in to the police? True story. Of course, no one would bother for $10 but if you found $2k you'd certainly be breaking the law if you just kept it!

Still waiting to be arrested for that $150 I found at the 2016 Spring Carnival.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back