Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to post this kind of thing a bit, especially when it comes to watching your idiot colleague fail
Add in the boozy lunches to get out of work even more

Do you actually work there haha?

In all honesty I do work hard and am doing well, particularly this quarter. But no one wants to hear those stories, I try to talk about the funny stuff that happens.

I do want my colleagues to do well also, but for this particular meeting I can't influence anything basically, it's mainly above my head. So I can't control any of the outcomes so I try to find the funny side of it. Humour gets you through the grind of the corporate world I find!

What are we focussing on - a man or a woman.
I only ask that because I get asked the same question.
We don’t assume genders in here

I love seeing people's reactions when I tell them the difference in 1 million seconds and 1 billion seconds.

A lot of people think a mill and a bill are close.

1 million seconds = 12 days
1 billion seconds = 31 years

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shits me that Michael Jackson gets a free pass, still has music played on radio etc
He was a great singer, everything else is questionable

Guys focus on me looking young and hot pls
All Stars Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 minutes going back and forth with telstra support via the online chat

the person (toward the end of the conversation) how is your day so far ?

Threw me off and I was like "fine thank you, I hope your day is splendid as well"

hahaha
After the Christmas Day storms wrecked everything here, including my internet connection, I was on the chat for about 45 minutes, trying to get some answers. At the end (problem still unsolved) the guy said "You are the most polite person I've talked to today!"

After the Christmas Day storms wrecked everything here, including my internet connection, I was on the chat for about 45 minutes, trying to get some answers. At the end (problem still unsolved) the guy said "You are the most polite person I've talked to today!"

Everyone should be polite with them. Need to remember that they are trying to make a living most likely in a less desirable place than we reside in. They aren't the cause of any outage or service issue you have. They work under a strict bureaucratic organisational structure with most likely a heavily pressured super visor and probably get paid s**t all.

I'm with Telstra for mobile and internet, we've had a few issues but over several years so not much and yes a couple of them took over an hour to resolve but the whole time I was on the phone with them just kept asking them how their day was going, how's life etc just general easy chat and they really appreciate it and you'll most likely get a favourable response time and resolution.

By all means go nuts at Telstra but not the service desk workers.

Everyone should be polite with them. Need to remember that they are trying to make a living most likely in a less desirable place than we reside in. They aren't the cause of any outage or service issue you have. They work under a strict bureaucratic organisational structure with most likely a heavily pressured super visor and probably get paid s**t all.

I'm with Telstra for mobile and internet, we've had a few issues but over several years so not much and yes a couple of them took over an hour to resolve but the whole time I was on the phone with them just kept asking them how their day was going, how's life etc just general easy chat and they really appreciate it and you'll most likely get a favourable response time and resolution.

By all means go nuts at Telstra but not the service desk workers.
Goes for all companies. Unfortunately you'll never get to speak directly to the executive who made a boneheaded decision and the poor front line staff cop it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back