Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure how to answer to your question, I'm afraid. Just got a whole load of text I'd like to post. At the moment, the test is in an Excel spreadsheet...
Think Jathanas meant are you using a mobile, laptop, computer?

Just under the thick red lined near top of page, enter the title of the thread then a box appears, you can add your content there.

2022-06-29_203600.jpg

Think Jathanas meant are you using a mobile, laptop, computer?

Just under the thick red lined near top of page, enter the title of the thread then a box appears, you can add your content there.

View attachment 1435924
Just checked on the laptop I am using. No such real estate appears on my screen below the thick red line. Not sure why this functionality appears locked to me?

Just checked on the laptop I am using. No such real estate appears on my screen below the thick red line. Not sure why this functionality appears locked to me?
Can you take a screen shot of the first page when you log in and post it here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys long time stalker 1st time poster.
Became a Collingwood supporter back in the late 90s as I was delivering mail in the Abbotsford area, I was always fascinated by the characters I would see hanging out in lulie street and decided one day in 1997 to attend a round 15 match between Collingwood vs Fremantle Buckleys hundredth game and Sav kicked 9 been in love with the pies ever since. ❤️

Hey guys long time stalker 1st time poster.
Became a Collingwood supporter back in the late 90s as I was delivering mail in the Abbotsford area, I was always fascinated by the characters I would see hanging out in lulie street and decided one day in 1997 to attend a round 15 match between Collingwood vs Fremantle Buckleys hundredth game and Sav kicked 9 been in love with the pies ever since. ❤️

Great story!

Hey everyone,

Former lurker of this forum now signed up. Mostly lurking the AFL silver member waitlist thread to see how long off gold I am tbh!

Gen Z/Millennial (?, born '97) 'pies fan, parents took me to my first game in 2003 against West Coast at the old Telstra Dome. Outside footy and the Pies, I also coach tennis and intently follow MVFC and the Socceroos, to a lesser extent LFC as well. Quite into the stats side of soccer that has gained in popularity in the past few years (xG, xS, xA etc), so was pretty chuffed this year when footy journos started using expected goals and expected scores statistics to analyse games. So be prepared for my opinionated write ups about matches to come from a spreadsheet perspective!

Hey team! Been lurking since 2010 (when I was 11 years old and far too young to have unregulated internet access, but that's a separate story.) I'm an international fan, but an Aussie at heart and a Pies fan by blood. I moved from Melbourne to the US when I was very young, but grew up staying up till all hours with my Dad and brother to listen to games live. Some of my favorite childhood memories involve being late for the 7AM school bus to because I needed to watch the final minutes of a game (the 2011 prelim comes to mind) or lying awake at 3AM unable to sleep I was so riled up after a victory (which happened just a few days ago haha.)

Because barely anyone in the US has ever heard of AFL, BigFooty has been a haven for me. These days when I watch, it's usually just me and my Collingwood scarf, sitting alone at 3AM -- so I'm often watching BF's matchday threads to remind myself that there's other people out there who care.

I love the club and always will. Hope to have fun on here with y'all. :)

Last edited:
Hey team! Been lurking since 2010 (when I was 11 years old and far too young to have unregulated internet access, but that's a separate story.) I'm an international fan, but an Aussie at heart and a Pies fan by blood. I moved from Melbourne to the US when I was very young, but grew up staying up till all hours with my Dad and brother to listen to games live. Some of my favorite childhood memories involve being late for the 7AM school bus to because I needed to watch the final minutes of a game (the 2011 prelim comes to mind) or lying awake at 3AM unable to sleep I was so riled up after a victory (which happened just a few days ago haha.)

Because barely anyone in the US has ever heard of AFL, BigFooty has been a haven for me. These days when I watch, it's usually just me and my Collingwood scarf, sitting alone at 3AM -- so I'm often watching BF's matchday threads to remind myself that there's other people out there who care.

I think because I'm not in Australia, the fact that I'm probably a little younger than most posters, and the fact I'm female has led me to the mindset that I'm not a "real enough fan" to be posting here, but more recently I've decided: f*** that. I love the club and always will. Hope to have fun on here with y'all. :)
I cannot imagine trying to wind down and de-stress after the footy at such a late hour! It took me until about 1am to sleep after beating Carlton, which was an afternoon game :D

I love the club and always will. Hope to have fun on here with y'all. :)

I thought moving from Melbourne to Queensland made it hard to follow footy, but you obviously did it tougher.
Welcome Harl 🙂

Hi all, long time lurker. Decided it was finally time to join the conversation!

I'm a life-long Collingwood supporter. When my father moved from Greece as a child they settled in Clifton Hill. He chose Collingwood as his team because Victoria Park was the closest ground. Have fond memories of going to matches there with him as a child. Now that he is retired, we try to get to as many matches as possible. Hoping to do the same thing with my son in years to come.

Go Pies!

Hi everyone! A huge Pies fan from Spain here. I have been following the team on and off ever since one of my English teachers talked to me about the team when I was kid, then “Rediscovered” the sport and the Pies a couple of years ago And got absolutely hooked.
I spent 3 weeks in Australia in August and could attend my first game at the MCG. Yep, it was Carlton - Colingwood :)
How special is this club?

Hi everyone! A huge Pies fan from Spain here. I have been following the team on and off ever since one of my English teachers talked to me about the team when I was kid, then “Rediscovered” the sport and the Pies a couple of years ago And got absolutely hooked.
I spent 3 weeks in Australia in August and could attend my first game at the MCG. Yep, it was Carlton - Colingwood :)
How special is this club?
Welcome aboard!
Hopefully you learned the rules at that game.
We all hate Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back