Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never liked him as a caller. He's always been clueless. I guess the only thing he knows about the game is obviously goal kicking. He's always been terrible at keeping up with the most fundamental aspect of calling, knowing the ****ing score! He has also never known at stat to save himself! As a listener you could always tell he did zero research in between the games he called, which for me is embarrassing for a sports caller.
Now having said that, he was popular a while back, pre 7 days. He tried to call the action in a sensible fashion and was voted most popular radio caller a few years running. So what happened? Why did he change his style to this dreadful monstrosity that we've heard for the past few seasons on 7? Did he just get bored or was he given more licence than his intelligence could handle?

a talk-back caller gave BT a little spray on Sat, saying something like: "you're always pumping up the crowd, saying how great it is, whether it is or not"

Also, apparently, Leaping Larry has been having digs at BT in recent weeks in The Age, so BT had a big crack back, with words to the effect of:
"Look, I'm just a plumber. I haven't got 3 hours to think about everything I say before I say, unlike you, who's got time to check every word you write. Get life, who ever you are; I think your real name's Jason..... " etc., :D

a talk-back caller gave BT a little spray on Sat, saying something like: "you're always pumping up the crowd, saying how great it is, whether it is or not"

Also, apparently, Leaping Larry has been having digs at BT in recent weeks in The Age, so BT had a big crack back, with words to the effect of:
"Look, I'm just a plumber. I haven't got 3 hours to think about everything I say before I say, unlike you, who's got time to check every word you write. Get life, who ever you are; I think your real name's Jason..... " etc., :D

Gee, almost makes you think Taylor doesn't get paid to be on TV or radio.

Oh that's right, he does. Absolute clown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back