No Oppo Supporters The TAN 83 - arse

Remove this Banner Ad

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. ☕
'What's the matter, dear' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night
The husband looks up from his coffee, 'It's the 20th Anniversary of the day we met'.
She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up.
The husband continues, 'Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating, I was 18 and you were only 16,' he says solemnly.
Once again, the wife is touched to tears. 'Yes, I do' she replies.
The husband pauses The words were not coming easily. 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car'
'Yes, I remember' said the wife, lowering herself into the chair beside him.
The husband continued. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will send you to prison for 20 years'
'I remember that, too' she replied softly.
He wiped another tear from his cheek and said "I would have gotten out today."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R.I.P.

Steve_Albini__the_Facilitator.png

He famously refused royalties for In Utero, and he duly kept his prices low throughout his career: in 2023, his day rate was $900 plus tape costs and studio hire. He was willing to travel, but he largely worked from Electrical Audio, the analogue recording studio that he established in Chicago in 1997. Anyone could book a session with Albini, no demos required, so any band or artist with the budget could access the same recording expertise as Nirvana. In the same year that he oversaw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant’s post-Led Zeppelin comeback album, he also cut records with little-known Irish punk bands and underground performance artist Vaginal Davis.

He may have liked a lot of the music he worked on, but an Albini credit wasn’t a co-sign or a status symbol like so many celebrity producers today. He was a gun-for-hire, but he was pretty much the best gun a few thousand bucks could buy. He was blunt and straightforward in the studio, committed to making every client he worked with make the best possible record, which meant the most true record; embracing their limitations and leaving accidents on the tape. His records are characterful, unfussy and real. He never called himself a ‘producer’, instead preferring the more practical ‘engineer’. He was a mirror that talked back; a documentarian gently guiding the action. More than anything, he was a facilitator.

Don't miss this one follicly challenged folks - seems promising! :thumbsu:

R.I.P.

View attachment 1988094

He famously refused royalties for In Utero, and he duly kept his prices low throughout his career: in 2023, his day rate was $900 plus tape costs and studio hire. He was willing to travel, but he largely worked from Electrical Audio, the analogue recording studio that he established in Chicago in 1997. Anyone could book a session with Albini, no demos required, so any band or artist with the budget could access the same recording expertise as Nirvana. In the same year that he oversaw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant’s post-Led Zeppelin comeback album, he also cut records with little-known Irish punk bands and underground performance artist Vaginal Davis.

He may have liked a lot of the music he worked on, but an Albini credit wasn’t a co-sign or a status symbol like so many celebrity producers today. He was a gun-for-hire, but he was pretty much the best gun a few thousand bucks could buy. He was blunt and straightforward in the studio, committed to making every client he worked with make the best possible record, which meant the most true record; embracing their limitations and leaving accidents on the tape. His records are characterful, unfussy and real. He never called himself a ‘producer’, instead preferring the more practical ‘engineer’. He was a mirror that talked back; a documentarian gently guiding the action. More than anything, he was a facilitator.

Vale man I've never ever heard of in my entire life.

R.I.P.

View attachment 1988094

Holy shit this the coolest frog ever
1715581759871.jpeg

Holy s**t this the coolest frog ever
View attachment 1988107

Crazy, huh? :D

Haven't been that gobsmacked by an amphibian since Groupie_smuggled Black Rain frogs into the country to replace the Dungeon's long suffering gerbils...

frog-photography-27__880.jpg

Crazy, huh? :D

Haven't been that gobsmacked by an amphibian since Groupie_smuggled Black Rain frogs into the country to replace the Dungeon's long suffering gerbils...

frog-photography-27__880.jpg
Is that the result of a gerbil spending 6 months in Groupies dungeon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back