NWO/Illuminati The Surveillance Nation

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the stupid part, the fact that this would only ever lead to arrests of idiots that dont know wtf theyre doing online anyway.
There's no shortage of them, and they should be caught. But I reckon the existing powers cover them adequately.

It wont catch any professional crims or "terrorists" or pedo bear.
It would probably help, though it wouldn't be the sole sulution. But would the cost be worth it? I tend to think probably not.

with fairfax going behind a paywall/registration system, along with the herald sun peoples reading habits, which are already reasonably easy to track.... well it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm not sure that it's people's news reading habits that they're really interested in tracking?

do you think it's not?? couldn't be a more pinpoint way of finding out what people are thinking. mainstream media is the most important vehicle politicians have.

all this allows is for targetted media, targetted ads, the opportunity to sway peoples politicals views. it's bad enough as it is now - it's not going to get any better.

at it's best it allows for fairfax to waste as little money as possible getting it's point across. at it's worst it's a very cynical way of keeping tabs on people. with a bit of luck it lies somewhere in the middle, but i'm doubting that.

This revelation troubles me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should telcos be forced to store telephone and internet data at all?
Yes - 6%
No - 94%
Total votes: 13664.

Disclaimer:These polls are not scientific and reflect the opinion only of visitors who have chosen to participate.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...wers-for-and-against-20120712-21y34.html#poll

Another reason why unfettered "democracy" is an abject failure.

The ruling class don't give two hecks about what you want.

You are children and you must be treated as such.

Remember to vote.

Warrantless searches​

Weapons targeted in police stop and search

Officers will have the powers to stop anyone in a public place around the Newmarket train station, under the declaration of a designated area published today.

Police will have the temporary stop and search powers from 5.30pm to 10.30pm in an area about one kilometre squared from Norwood Street to McIver Place and from Calwell St to Wellington St.

Any person, anything in possession or control of a person, any vehicle with a person in or on it and anything in a vehicle can be searched.
Police will also be able to detain a person or vehicle, seize and detain any item suspected of being a weapon and request anyone searched to provide their name.

The temporary stop and search powers have been in place since 2009.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...-stop-and-search/story-fnat7jnn-1226425050249

I'm predicting the implementation of compulsory identification papers stop and search laws in the not too distant future.

Remember to vote.

I am not yet concerned with anything i have seen in this thread. In fact if anything i think it is a positive that surveylance is increasing making it easier to catch and prosecute people who do the wrong thing. What harm can be done from tracking peoples websites when it may lead to catching pedophiles or extra security cameras may have saved the life of that boy from Sydney in Kings Cross after the first assult.

Non issue in my book

How does a camera stop crime?

After the first assult the police could have detained the accused before he could fatally kill an innocent boy or at the very least had the hard evidence required to arrest and prosecute the attacker immediately after the more serious assult

After the first assult the police could have detained the accused

This cop got off.

Cameras didn't stop a thing.

It doesn't hurt if you happen to be the son of a high ranking cop.

The state is corrupt, and by extension, empowering the state empowers corruption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back