The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s full on tank mode now.

Decent haul for him but I’m going to miss him. Got better every season.

I would be surprised if the Hawks aren’t a good side from 2025-2027 so those picks probably won’t be particularly high. Trae Young won’t even be 30 by the end of those picks, but you never know what’ll happen in 5 years time.

There has to be something more to it, but no idea what it may be.

He's only 19 and this doesn't seem like the right timing to just be the odd guard out.

Exactly! They took his player option for next season like two weeks ago and have been raving about him non stop for the last 12 months.

It must be something not basketball related.

I was very high on Primo as well, so its a bit of a downer. More will come out in the next few days I'm sure

Exactly! They took his player option for next season like two weeks ago and have been raving about him non stop for the last 12 months.

It must be something not basketball related.

I was very high on Primo as well, so its a bit of a downer. More will come out in the next few days I'm sure
Sadly

Happy for Lonnie Walker, having himself a really nice season. This is sort of what everyone was expecting from him but never found any consistency with us unfortunately.

We suck and we play pretty fun which is what you want for this season. I do hope that this awful defense is a one season only thing. On paper our starting lineup looks like a solid defensive group

We have lost 10 in a row now and are quickly down to the 3rd worst record in the league... This is probably where i expected us to be at this stage of the season.

My only concern is Keldon possibly stagnating. Can anyone who has seen more complete games than I have comment on how he is going?

We have lost 10 in a row now and are quickly down to the 3rd worst record in the league... This is probably where i expected us to be at this stage of the season.

My only concern is Keldon possibly stagnating. Can anyone who has seen more complete games than I have comment on how he is going?
Without seeing many games, his stats still look ok averaging 20 ppg.

What are your thoughts on the Poeltl trade rumours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without seeing many games, his stats still look ok averaging 20 ppg.

What are your thoughts on the Poeltl trade rumours?

Yeah, fair call on Keldon, I guess. Maybe it's only recently. I just checked and he has only gone over 20 points 1 time during the past 3 weeks. I just expected him to take on the scoring load this season, not Vassell.

As for the Poeltl trade rumours, they've been around all year really. It's just that it's to contending teams now (unsure that helps or hinders). I see the Warriors wanna give us a G-League player for him (sure, a former #2 pick, but still a G League player currently). I dunno, NBA trades usually bamboozle me, so I'm not the best to answer the question. Right now, I'd only take overs for him in a trade as we're small enough as it is.

Get me Wembanyama and I might change my tune though! :cool:

Yeah, fair call on Keldon, I guess. Maybe it's only recently. I just checked and he has only gone over 20 points 1 time during the past 3 weeks. I just expected him to take on the scoring load this season, not Vassell.

As for the Poeltl trade rumours, they've been around all year really. It's just that it's to contending teams now (unsure that helps or hinders). I see the Warriors wanna give us a G-League player for him (sure, a former #2 pick, but still a G League player currently). I dunno, NBA trades usually bamboozle me, so I'm not the best to answer the question. Right now, I'd only take overs for him in a trade as we're small enough as it is.

Get me Wembanyama and I might change my tune though! :cool:

You’re not wrong on Keldon. In a real slump at the moment.

His stats for the last 7 starts is rough reading.

A50B49B9-096A-49D1-90BD-B1FF5C09C8A4.jpeg

He’d had a really strong start to the season.

4900EEA2-ED93-4EBF-B97D-19B5673D00E3.jpeg

I haven’t seen too much lately, but the bits I have he has really been forcing it, trying to shoot his way back into form. I’m not too worried about him long term but it’s going to be a really tough season. Playing with a squad this weak, without a lot of other shooters and with only one PG on the roster, he is being asked to shoulder a lot of responsibility that he probably isn’t ready for. I’d expect Devin to go through a similar stretch at some stage too, it’s pretty incredible how seamlessly he has stepped into a star role.

Keldon is a 3/4th option (at best) being thrust into being the number 1 guy. I'm not as high on him as alot of other spurs people though...

I think Vassell is the better long term prospect tbh, but even he isnt someone you run an offence through.

We dont have that player - yet... ;)

This could be a franchise changing and set us up for the next 15 years

Jones, Vassell, Johnson, Sochan, Wemby will be a nice team

This could be a franchise changing and set us up for the next 15 years

Jones, Vassell, Johnson, Sochan, Wemby will be a nice team
spot on, setup beautifully and not to forget;

'24 hornets 1st rounder
'24 raptors 1st rounder
'25 bulls 1st rounder
'25 hawks 1st rounder
'26 rights to pick swap with the hawks
'27 hawks 1st rounder
'28 Celtics 1st rounder

plus all our own picks and enough 2nd round picks to sink a boat.

whats the thoughts our cap space? anybody have a view on who to target?

is someone like a Fred VanVleet a viable option to boost the PG quality and depth chart?

or do we swallow Ben's contract and get the Nets to throw in some more draft capital?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back