Mega Thread The "Random" Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Random "Footy" Thoughts Thread

no takers huh.

the only years in the last 50 where weve won our last game of the year.

Let's add 2011 to that then shall we.

Re: The Random "Footy" Thoughts Thread

Wanted to bring this up for discussion after seeing this absolutely idiotic post

Eddie and Collingwood are hardly beacons of virtue when it comes to trading.

We lost Luke Ball for nothing after Collingwood gave St Kilda a token offer below what he was worth knowing they could get him for nothing in the PSD by making him put a big price tag on his head. They did a similar thing with Freo to get Tarrant back to Collingwood. They basically manipulated the draft to their advantage and screw St Kilda and Freo.

Eddie is a massive hypocrit that has been shown up time and time again. Having a go at a St Kilda supporter for making borderline racist comments when his supporters are worse than any others and when he makes falafel jokes about GWS. Saying he will sue Melbourne for approaching Malthouse when he did the same thing when Malthouse was at West Coast. The list goes on and on.

Eddie needs to take his own advice and pull his fat head in and stfu.

I remember leading into that draft, that we were most likely to be drafting Luke Ball. Most clubs knew this and tended to steer clear of it, but I remember at the time being worried that Essendon would draft him. They did say they were interested in him and said it was a possibility they would draft him.

They had 3 picks before our first pick, 30.

Now the question I want to ask is, do you think they were better off not drafting Luke Ball to their club considering the great form he's been in.

Essendon drafted Jake Melksham at pick 10, Jake Carlisle pick 24, Travis Colyer pick 26.

Pendles Opposite Foot (Right)

We all saw the Fantasitc Kick from Pendles to Daisy Chest from his Right foot. Just showing he is just getting better every season

Re: Pendles Opposite Foot(Right)

Mate, I agree that kick was beautiful to watch and I know it was Pendles opposite foot delivering the pill lace out.

However, I have to say it is what I expect from AFL footballers in general, especially elite AFL footballers. These players get paid an absolute fortune to do what they do, so at the very least they should be able to kick the pill.

Not blowing my own trumpet here but in my days of playing competitive football, I could be relied upon to deliver the footy to a leading forward lace out more often than not. I never even made it close to playing AFL either, I just played for a local country team with all my mates. I did train for the Bendigo Pioneers back in the day but even then the focus on up and coming potential AFL players was shifting towards athletes before footballers.

So to get back on topic, I totally agree that was beautiful to watch, but I just find it really sad in this day and age of professional footy that skills exhibited by Pendles is the exception and not the norm.

Mate, I agree that kick was beautiful to watch and I know it was Pendles opposite foot delivering the pill lace out.

However, I have to say it is what I expect from AFL footballers in general, especially elite AFL footballers. These players get paid an absolute fortune to do what they do, so at the very least they should be able to kick the pill.

Not blowing my own trumpet here but in my days of playing competitive football, I could be relied upon to deliver the footy to a leading forward lace out more often than not. I never even made it close to playing AFL either, I just played for a local country team with all my mates. I did train for the Bendigo Pioneers back in the day but even then the focus on up and coming potential AFL players was shifting towards athletes before footballers.

So to get back on topic, I totally agree that was beautiful to watch, but I just find it really sad in this day and age of professional footy that skills exhibited by Pendles is the exception and not the norm.

You make a good point about skills but Footy now is faster and I guess harder to do those sort of things.

Where Pendles seems to have a Six Sense out there

Really grasping at straws for thread ideas here, lol...
It could have been worse, the title could have been "Ben Johnson's opposite foot".:p:eek:

As for Pendles, he's always had the ability to use the ball in an effective manner on his opposite foot. He also has the ability to hand ball with either hand, something that anyone who grew up playing the game would know is hard (I could do it, but I was a terrible kick, so it sort of off set it).

I think with football becoming so focused on making that quick decision and making that decision accurately, being able to use all 4 forms of disposal (left + right kick/handball) will actually become a skill that will be taught more at the junior level.

I know Bucks tried to implement a "wrong foot" aspect to the kicking test at the draft combine, unsure how that's progressing though.

Disgrace, should've gone for a super goal instead.

It could have been worse, the title could have been "Ben Johnson's opposite foot".:p:eek:

As for Pendles, he's always had the ability to use the ball in an effective manner on his opposite foot. He also has the ability to hand ball with either hand, something that anyone who grew up playing the game would know is hard (I could do it, but I was a terrible kick, so it sort of off set it).

I think with football becoming so focused on making that quick decision and making that decision accurately, being able to use all 4 forms of disposal (left + right kick/handball) will actually become a skill that will be taught more at the junior level.

I know Bucks tried to implement a "wrong foot" aspect to the kicking test at the draft combine, unsure how that's progressing though.

Or Cloke having a shot at goal on his right foot :eek: Never seen him kick on his right.Ever.

Re: Pendles Opposite Foot (Right)

pendles best right foot kick was when he slammed home a goal from 40m goal post high against geelong in the 2nd qtr in the 2010 prelim.
i love it when great players want to get better, and pendles is then perfect example.
how dangerous would a travis cloke be if he could wheel onto either foot, but im just happy he seems to have got the left foot finally working for him. :D

Re: Pendles Opposite Foot (Right)

Spewing he missed that other goal on his right though.

Nothing will top the goal he kicked on his right in the prelim.

Top 3 favourite footballing moments EVER. I wish I could live in a Groundhog Day world and just re-live that 2010 Prelim over and over again.

Greatest game of football I've been to in my life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back