The Rage Page...... Post your non-footy frustrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Two movies I want to see staring Stu Bennett - "Fanged Up" and "I Am Vengeance". "I Am Vengeance" I'm not too fussed over because it will more than likely be available in Australia soon, plus it's an action flick and I'm not entirely an action fan, but "Fanged Up" will probably never see an Australian release and I'm pissed off that Australia gets absolutely screwed over when it comes to media. The only logical conclusion I can think of is racism, because there's no technical reason why we can't have movies when everyone else does!

Seriously. One day I'd love for all of us in this country to band together and stop watching overseas movies etc until they decide to treat us with the respect we deserve. Either that or we can take over the world and torture the movie executives that did this to us (I'm thinking the 2010 Grand Finals on repeat for eternity). I'm fine with either.

Im pissed with the frigging IMF. Their stupid conference on "how to oppress the masses" is stuffing up my holiday.

Also to the bitchface IMF spokesperson dont smile when talking about lending money to a country that needs it to rebuild infrastructure when people have just died. It shows the ghouls you are.

Apart from the other rages of the past 24hrs or so.......this one is getting right up my nose!

No longer to be Pregnant Woman... will be PREGNANT PERSON!!!

Give me a break! Fair dinkum, hate to think what this world will be like in 50yrs with the way the PC brigade are changing our language and all the do's and don'ts etc.

Totally screwed is my guess.

Apart from the other rages of the past 24hrs or so.......this one is getting right up my nose!

Give me a break! Fair dinkum, hate to think what this world will be like in 50yrs with the way the PC brigade are changing our language and all the do's and don'ts etc.
:rolleyes:

Totally screwed is my guess.
Not sure where you heard this, to get enraged, but usually reports on this kind of thing are exaggerations, mistruths, fabrications or over-blown, out of context mirepresentations, made by some trouble making right wing saviour for this exact purpose (to get some of the community up in arms about political correctness).

Not long now until we see the old "Christmas carols banned from school" and "Xmas trees not being called Xmas trees" rubbish that gets trotted out at this time of year.

It was either the HUN or DailyMail (Aus section) I suspect it was a Daniel Andrews thing too.. I should've read it more thoroughly, but I was so disgusted I stopped reading.

I'll see if I can find it somewhere. I know, I should've read it properly.

I was agreeing with you MacMum as in what has this world come to. :thumbsu:

I didn't realise men could get pregnant, hence :rolleyes: as in; really, we're not saying pregnant woman now?

My apologies then Dylan12, I misunderstood your post. Sorry.:oops::)

I have found the piece I was referring to....it was on the DailyMail (Aus section) referencing a Government group commissioned by the Victorian govt (there's a surprise, not) pushing to ban the term Pregnant woman to Pregnant Person..

It was either the HUN or DailyMail (Aus section) I suspect it was a Daniel Andrews thing too.. I should've read it more thoroughly, but I was so disgusted I stopped reading.

I'll see if I can find it somewhere. I know, I should've read it properly.
Another presumptuous conservative 'go to' ; Blame Labor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...n-expectant-mothers-might-offend-transgender/
The British Medical Association has said pregnant women should not be called "expectant mothers" as it could offend transgender people.

Instead, they should call them "pregnant people" so as not to upset intersex and transgender men, the union has said.
The BMA said the document was purely guidance for its staff on effective communication within the workplace, not advice to its 156,000 doctor members on how to deal with patients.
It adds: "A large majority of people that have been pregnant or have given birth identify as women. We can include intersex men and transmen who may get pregnant by saying 'pregnant people' instead of 'expectant mothers'."

Regardless of whether we think it's silly or "PC gone mad", it's a suggested preference to be more inclusive and non-discriminating.
What it isn't, is a ban on anyone or any form of restriction on your freedoms or rights.
The world isn't coming to an end, just beginning to recognise that not everyone fits in a pigeon hole and shouldn't be made to feel outcast by stereotyping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Andrews is the premier of this state....so my presumption was right.....and as I live here in Victoria and you don't, I think I can be more accurate about the premier of this state than you.

...and the everyday person on the street does not agree with all this PC stuff that you seem to love.... that is your call, but do not call me on it thanks.

...and as this is a rage page, as I said above, I've raged as is my right.

I seriously wish you would put me on your ignore list skoob.

My apologies then Dylan12, I misunderstood your post. Sorry.:oops::)

I have found the piece I was referring to....it was on the DailyMail (Aus section) referencing a Government group commissioned by the Victorian govt (there's a surprise, not) pushing to ban the term Pregnant woman to Pregnant Person..
The Australian article (not the one I quoted above) that you saw has the same rationale as the UK one.
However it was NOT a Government group, and was NOT commissioned by the Victorian Government (for this purpose).
The Equality Institute, a Melbourne-based 'feminist' organisation, is renowned for improving gender equality but their tweet about pregnancy on Tuesday caused a huge backlash.

In the tweet, the global research and creative agency suggested people should use the term pregnant 'pregnant people' instead of 'pregnant women'.

'People of all genders can fall pregnant, because people of all genders can have the reproductive organs to do so,' the tweet stated.

People may have differing opinions or definitions of gender, motherhood or pregnancy, but the issue of "political correctness" comes down to whether you care if someone is offended or not.
No-one is making you change your terminology for pregnant women.
I don't expect you to understand the offence, or the importance of this to some people, but at least get the facts straight when laying blame for this atrocity.

Daniel Andrews is the premier of this state....so my presumption was right.....and as I live here in Victoria and you don't, I think I can be more accurate about the premier of this state than you.

...and the everyday person on the street does not agree with all this PC stuff that you seem to love.... that is your call, but do not call me on it thanks.

...and as this is a rage page, as I said above, I've raged as is my right.

I seriously wish you would put me on your ignore list skoob.
How so? :huh:

I like to think it's me as a person people see, not my gender. I don't see a woman when I look in the mirror, I see a person. I have zero problems with using more gender-neutral terminology.

You really need to get off your high horse skoob......and let other people have different opinions to yours, be they right or wrong.

I will never change your way of thinking and I would never assume to try.....afford me the same courtesy thank you.

Sometimes you come across as a real puffed up turkey.

You really need to get off your high horse skoob......and let other people have different opinions to yours, be they right or wrong.

I will never change your way of thinking and I would never assume to try.....afford me the same courtesy thank you.

Sometimes you come across as a real puffed up turkey.
You are entitled to your opinions.
However you have stated things as fact, that simply are not (such as the Andrews Gov't having some sort of connection to this). Stating that EQI is a government organisation is also just flat out incorrect.

As for the PC thing, I was simply offering MY opinion, and pointing out that such articles achieve their purpose by misleading the reader. I am dismayed that the tactic works and people fall for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back