The Rage Page...... Post your non-footy frustrations

Remove this Banner Ad

The media reporting of this is making me sick. They talk about the stresses he has been under as some kind of justification. This "good guy pushed to the edge" narrative just normalises the behaviour for other controlling and abusive blokes.

He's dead, there's no defamation to worry about and no charges will be laid for contempt of court and the media is still pussy-footing around with sympathetic angles for him. Just imagine how different the story would be if he was non-white or a Muslim or if it happened in Inala, Woodridge or Caboolture instead of Camp Hill.

The media reporting of this is making me sick. They talk about the stresses he has been under as some kind of justification. This "good guy pushed to the edge" narrative just normalises the behaviour for other controlling and abusive blokes.

He's dead, there's no defamation to worry about and no charges will be laid for contempt of court and the media is still pussy-footing around with sympathetic angles for him. Just imagine how different the story would be if he was non-white or a Muslim or if it happened in Inala, Woodridge or Caboolture instead of Camp Hill.

Yep, any "Men's Rights Activist" using this as some sort of case study of the family courts being biased against men can get ****ed.

The end result of this shows the courts and the DVO process that separated him from his kids were the right decision. There may be an argument that there needs to be more emotional support for men like this, even if it is just in the best interests of their victims. But yeah, this is not a case study the MRA crowd should be pointing to in terms of how custody arrangements work.

Anyone attempting to make a martyr out of this guy needs to be locked up and studied.

Wonder if the Lions trained with that monster or perhaps it was mere puffery

The 42-year-old opened a gym, Intergr8 and CrossFit SMC in Capalaba, with his wife, but the pair closed it down as they worked through their split.

Ex-Brisbane Broncos players Sam Thaiday and Matt Gillett have been known to train in the gym. The ex-sportsman's business website described him as an accomplished body weight trainer for NRL and AFL teams.

"Light it up blue".

Something that was forced onto the Autistic community and we hate it (same with the puzzle piece although I've reclaimed it). If you really want to support Autistic voices this Autism Awareness Month, try to retweet/share our posts on social media where possible, do NOT "light it up blue", go red instead and use the rainbow infinity symbol.

There's a LOT of bad blood there, if you look up #actuallyautistic on Twitter you'll see the tip of the iceberg.

I have something that really annoys me every day. Getting onto the eastern Freeway and the car I am following comes down the on-ramp. The car in front accelerates to about 90, but the then the driver starts to look how he is going to merge into traffic.

The problem is that he takes the foot off the accelerator, so slowing to about 75/80. Now the freeway traffic is 25 ks more than the on ramp. This is dangerous.

Plant the foot people. Get to 105, as a slight touch of the brakes will slow 20 ks easily, but getting an extra 20 ks is difficult now I do not have my Datsan240Z.

All those red lights, only allowing two car at a time are because of this problem.

As the originator of this thread, I have returned.

You know what grinds my gears? Getting sent to city for 5 years as part of the public service, only for the rental market now to be down SEQ so poor, I have no hope of returning.

So stuck in TSV.......

How ****ing incompetent is Centrelink/Services Australia.

Four months, and two dozen phone calls, chasing a back payment they owe us from Child Care subsidey.

Had to update our Activity Test back in July. The Customer Service Operator’s work was flagged for review.

Took 5 weeks for the review to occur.

The CSO’s work was failed/denied, what ever term they want to apply, but…

There was no follow up. So our information wasn’t updated.

It took 3 more phone calls, over the next two weeks, to get our information updated.

Then multiple phone calls to chase our out of pocket expenses (they halted our CCS payments during the review period, and up until our Activity Test was correctly updated).

We were only refunded for part of the non payment period, because Centrelink only back pays 4 weeks from when the claim was made.

How bulls!t is that.

Multiple phone calls (often being on hold for an hour to start with) and escalation of the issue, and finally today a manager says, there was a mistake with the original data entry, that should have seen the system generate an automatic repayment.

He said that each previous person we spoke to should have picked up on the data entry mistake, and rectified the issue.

Now we have to wait 10 business days to see if the repayment goes through correctly.

:mad::mad::mad:

My son is having the same sort of trouble getting a refund for our last minute cancelled flight:mad::rolleyes: to Melbourne for the Demons semi final out of F ing Jetstar.

Over a month and the latest was you need to wait another 14 business days.

As the originator of this thread, I have returned.

You know what grinds my gears? Getting sent to city for 5 years as part of the public service, only for the rental market now to be down SEQ so poor, I have no hope of returning.

So stuck in TSV.......
Welcome back Chezzalenko!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Order a parcel from a location in Sydney.

It's on its way​

Most recent update​

In transit to next facility in MELBOURNE VIC

What the everlasting *???

Order a parcel from a location in Sydney.

What the everlasting *???
Just don't try getting public transport in the UK
firefox_1duGzc9hnl.png

(that alternate route with the bus connection from Hitchin to Luton is actually the slowest route and requires two different busses)

Anyway, my advice is don't go to Kettering, which is always sound advice

Just don't try getting public transport in the UK
View attachment 1558750

(that alternate route with the bus connection from Hitchin to Luton is actually the slowest route and requires two different busses)

Anyway, my advice is don't go to Kettering, which is always sound advice
We looked at catching up with friends who lived just outside of London years ago, but we would've required public transport. We came to the same conclusion - something like three buses a day into their village after two trains meaning it was a couple of hours there and a couple of hours back, let alone if you missed one of the buses. And they were in the same area as your map above, so not out in the woods I would've thought.

"Sorry guys, we like you but not that much."

I cycle to Yoga/Pilates most days and there are a couple of shared paths with pedestrians along the way, the amount of times you nearly clean up a pedestrian who is wandering all over the path with their head buried in their phone is so bloody annoying and dangerous, happened this morning.

On another note I nearly got cleaned up by a semi trailer a few mornings ago, he was heading the same way as me and came up from behind and missed me by inches, sent a bloody adrenalin rush through me like you wouldn't believe, just after 5am, I had my lights flashing and I was well over to the side... I got to think he didn't even see me.

I cycle to Yoga/Pilates most days and there are a couple of shared paths with pedestrians along the way, the amount of times you nearly clean up a pedestrian who is wandering all over the path with their head buried in their phone is so bloody annoying and dangerous, happened this morning.

On another note I nearly got cleaned up by a semi trailer a few mornings ago, he was heading the same way as me and came up from behind and missed me by inches, sent a bloody adrenalin rush through me like you wouldn't believe, just after 5am, I had my lights flashing and I was well over to the side... I got to think he didn't even see me.
Having cycled in Sydney for a couple of years (both before and during covid) before moving north, and now cycling here also, I swear I usually feel safer on the roads than on footpaths. Sure, cars are more dangerous inherently, but I also feel like they are more predictable, because they'll keep left, give way when expected, etc etc.

Pedestrians on the other hand! They might be off in lala land, walking on the wrong side of the footpath, in a group taking up the whole footpath, or alone but with headphones in, and the coup de grace... Automatically assuming the madly ringing bell is not aimed at them!

I have a UHF radio in my vehicle and it’s very often you hear truckies bragging about how they just got a cyclist to s**t his pants. They know exactly what they’re doing.

Nope. It’ll be trucky trying to scare you with a close pass.

That was how I got cleaned up on a major road, when I was riding in the shoulder “lane” that was as wide as a normal lane, with 5 lanes outside of me (2 in one direction, 3 going the other direction).

At time of my hit, there were only two “vehicles” going in my direction. Me on my pushy, and the truck that over took me, and side swiped me in to hospital.

If I was driving my car, the driver of the truck would have been fined for hitting a vehicle from behind.

My advice, try not to be hit, because QLD personal injury law sucks and the payouts are “capped”.

If you are hit. You need to get it in to the media asap to get a proper payout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back