• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder which idiot voted for Giannis for MVP
The disrespect is crazy lmao

Averaged 30.4/11.5/6.5 on 61% FG% through 73/82 games. He is the ONLY player in the history of the NBA to have had this stat line, EVER.

He had a better season than BOTH of his MVP seasons AND the year we won the chip. He arguably has had his two best seasons back-to-back in his career now and has not even featured in the MVP race for both seasons.

On top of that, the team is completely awful without him for two seasons in a row come playoff time.

Jokic/Luka/SGA were all insane this season but to act like Giannis was some bum who shouldn't even be in the picture is what is wrong with media culture in the NBA. The dude had an all-time HISTORIC season and you've heard nothing about it.

SGA MVP for mine and Brunson second the impact he has directly had on the team and our results has been enormous. Considering Randle, Robinson and OG missed large chunks of the season to be where we are now is kind of crazy.

The disrespect is crazy lmao

Averaged 30.4/11.5/6.5 on 61% FG% through 73/82 games. He is the ONLY player in the history of the NBA to have had this stat line, EVER.

He had a better season than BOTH of his MVP seasons AND the year we won the chip. He arguably has had his two best seasons back-to-back in his career now and has not even featured in the MVP race for both seasons.

On top of that, the team is completely awful without him for two seasons in a row come playoff time.

Jokic/Luka/SGA were all insane this season but to act like Giannis was some bum who shouldn't even be in the picture is what is wrong with media culture in the NBA. The dude had an all-time HISTORIC season and you've heard nothing about it.

Broadly you are correct. But MVP voting traditionally requires you to be responsible for making your team elite regardless of everything else. I tend to agree with that concept. 49 wins, Bucks were a few losses away from the play in seeding. Hawks could have beaten them, oh dear!

Not to disrespect Giannis stats but multi layer stats line records are a little boring in the NBA now. He would also be the first player to average 61%fg and 27.4%3pt in on exactly 125 attempts in exactly 73 games. History baby!

Broadly you are correct. But MVP voting traditionally requires you to be responsible for making your team elite regardless of everything else. I tend to agree with that concept. 49 wins, Bucks were a few losses away from the play in seeding. Hawks could have beaten them, oh dear!

Not to disrespect Giannis stats but multi layer stats line records are a little boring in the NBA now. He would also be the first player to average 61%fg and 27.4%3pt in on exactly 125 attempts in exactly 73 games. History baby!
Yeah look I'm not debating he should have won the MVP, just saying that the narrative of him not being allowed in the conversation is strange.

Truth is the NBA is incredibly stacked at the top end right now and with the current pacing, a lot of players are pushing some crazy stat lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The underdogs strike back.

Also, injuries are out of control. I swear it was never this big an issue 20-30 years ago. But sure, let's pack an in-season tournament into the overcrowded schedule, because quantity > quality, apparently.
Still 82 games except for a couple of teams.

Back