The OFFICIAL 2011 Board Election Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you really? Why, because she's a woman? Or because she's in marketing? Or because she's new? Genuinely interested to know what you'd assume she couldn't identify the current backline.

Funny how you now decide to get on here and defend the sisterHood. Didnt feel the need to help CC out when SLF and Pharro were on her case about not being up to it? Or does the 'Sister's are doing it for themselves' routine only applies to JB's chosen few?

the status quo has only been together for one solitary board meeting.

To each their own though.

The 'status quo' is JB getting on the board who he wants on the board.

As the President of the club, and the guy who put his hand up to keep us from selling our license, staff and a few thousand clueless supporters (who wouldn't know they've been fleeced if you stuck a bald sheep up their backsides) to the AFL, that is his right.

Voting against his prefered candidates is essentially voting against his direction. It might be chilly in Hobart but it'll be a cold day in hell before I vote to replace a QC who has worked for the AFL with a young'n who doesn't know her place in the pecking order.

:stern look across the dinner table

Funny how you now decide to get on here and defend the sisterHood. Didnt feel the need to help CC out when SLF and Pharro were on her case about not being up to it? Or does the 'Sister's are doing it for themselves' routine only applies to JB's chosen few?

You reckon KL is conflicted? Take a look at some of the heavier hitters who were sinking it into JB during the '7 games in Hobart' saga but are now forced to defend his junta lest they end up supporting -gasp- the same candidate supported by members of your mob WANM (even though CC has no affiliation with you lot).

'My enemy's enemy is my friend... and my enemy's friend is no friend of mine... unless my enemy's friend is an enemy of my other enemy (who used to be my friend)'.

Actually what I questioned was whether that comment was gender-related. I offered some other options too. I've read all of the stuff written about Caroline (who I also know), and while a lot of it has been wrong, I don't know that it's been sexist.

I do object to you making assumptions about where my support lies, or where my votes have gone.

Old Skool,

the status quo has only been together for one solitary board meeting.

To each their own though.

I voted for the two incumbents. Admire Caroline's work for the club and encourage her to run again at some point, but the other two are more credentialled in my opinion.

The 'status quo' is JB getting on the board who he wants on the board.

As the President of the club, and the guy who put his hand up to keep us from selling our license, staff and a few thousand clueless supporters (who wouldn't know they've been fleeced if you stuck a bald sheep up their backsides) to the AFL, that is his right.

Voting against his prefered candidates is essentially voting against his direction. It might be chilly in Hobart but it'll be a cold day in hell before I vote to replace a QC who has worked for the AFL with a young'n who doesn't know her place in the pecking order.

:stern look across the dinner table

You make it sound like voting against JB's preferred candidates means a vote for relocation!

You prepared to back that up with quotes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Hall there handing out free legal advice as well?
I didn't spot "The Hall" however this QC looking dude dressed in a wig and black robe caught my attention with a "Hear Ye, Hear Ye". He has my vote. Obviously my other vote is for me. :stern look

Why aren't 7-11 a club sponsor?

Obviously sponsoring a footy club (or any sporting club) doesn't align with their marketing strategy. Too much junk food being sold. ;)

Yeah nah. They sponsor loads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back