The numbers game

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Natty, like Graeme 'Jerker' Jenkin, remembered as a Magpie ruckman used as a step-ladder in a GF by an audaciously talented Blues opponent. At least Natty collected a couple of premiership flags after that to ease the pain.

#37 - John Rombotis - what a legend! Inspired me to wear that number during my school footy days.
#22 - Bowen Lockwood - another legend and top bloke.
#21 - Donald Dickie
#38 - Roger James

#19 - Donald Dickie :eek:

Rombotis wore 37 with Fitzroy, 7 with Port and 35 with Richmond. Never really settled. ;)

My Numbers list from Port's AFL players (probably has a few errors):

#1: Warren Tredrea, Matthew Primus, Gavin Wanganeen
#2: Josh Carr, Darryl Wakelin, Matthew Primus
#3: Steven Salopek, Brett Montgomery, Shayne Breuer
#4: Daniel Motlop, Gavin Wanganeen, Matthew Bishop, Chris Naish, Ian Downsborough
#5: Brendon Lade, Shane Bond
#6: Danyle Pearce, Adam Thomson, Jarrad Schofield, Scott Cummings
#7: Peter Burgoyne, Brett Chalmers, John Rombotis
#8: Shaun Burgoyne, Fabian Francis
#9: Jacob Surjan, James Ezard, Josh Carr, Brayden Lyle
#10: Travis Boak, Josh Francou
#11: Marlon Motlop, Ryan Willits, Damien Hardwick, Nathan Steinberner, Nathan Eagleton, Scott Hodges
#12: Jackson Trengove, Nathan Lonie, Aaron Shattock, Cain Ackland, Che Cockatoo-Collins, Brent Heaver
#13: Mitchell Farmer, Benjamin Eckermann, Chris Hall, Danny Morton, Jonathon Yerbury
#14: Paul Stewart, Elijah Ware, Robert Foster-Knight, Stephen Paxman
#15: David Rodan, Daniel Motlop, Byron Pickett, Michael Wilson
#16: Warren Tredrea, Danyle Pearce, Warren Tredrea
#17: Robert Gray, Stuart Dew, Nigel Fiegert
#18: Kane Cornes, Mark Harwood
#19: Nick Salter, Ryan Williams, Matthew Bishop, Donald Dickie
#20: Dean Brogan, Brendon Lade
#21: Matt Thomas, Michael Wilson, Scott Bassett, Paul Evans, David Brown
#22: Hamish Hartlett, Greg Bentley, Josh Mahoney, Paul Koulouriotis, Bowen Lockwood
#23: Matthew Lobbe, Bradley Symes, Adam Morgan, Matthew Bode, Scott Matthews
#24: Matthew Westhoff, Damon White, Michael Stevens, Darren Fraser, Damian Squire
#25: Domenic Cassisi, Josh Carr, Matthew Bode, Nathan Eagleton
#26: Nick Lower, Stuart Cochrane, Derek Murray, Peter Burgoyne
#27: Alipate Carlile, Jared Poulton, Tom Harley
#28: Toby Thurstans, Stephen Daniels
#29: Nathan Krakouer, Adam Kingsley
#30: Troy Chaplin, Cain Ackland, Darryl Poole
#31: Mitchell Banner, Hugh Minson, Steven Salopek, Barnaby French, Paul Geister
#32: Matthew Broadbent, Matt Thomas, Stephen Gilham, Paul Koulouriotis, Tom Carr, Scott Freeborn
#33: Brett Ebert, Darren Mead
#34: Jarrad Reddon, Adam Cockshell, Nathan Lonie, Luke Peel, Brent Guerra, Nathan Steinberner
#35: Chad Cornes, Mark Conway
#36: Michael Pettigrew, Nick Stevens, Stephen Carter
#37: Wade Thompson, Fabian Deluca, Wade Champion, Allan Murray, Shaun Burgoyne, Steven Brosnan, Stuart Dew
#38: Jonathan Giles, Roger James
#39: Justin Westhoff, Jacob Surjan, Barry Brooks, Kane Cornes, Adam Morgan, Adam Heuskes
#40: Glenn Dawson, Matthew Westhoff, Alex Lee, Tom Rischbieth, Dale Ellis, Joel Patfull, Damon White, Allan Murray, Toby Thurstans, Paul Evans
#41: Jason Davenport, Ryan Willits, Greg Bentley, Danyle Pearce, Joel Patfull, Scott Borlace, Jordon Barham, Domenic Cassisi, Scott Bassett, Derek Murray, Scott Bassett, Jake Lynch
#42: Danny Meyer, Gavin Grose, Peter Walsh, Dale Ellis, Jaxon Crabb, Dean Brogan, Wade Chapman, Scott Bassett, Barnaby French, Tom Carr
#43: Daniel Stewart, Daniel Boyle, Nathan Batsanis, Tim Looby, Robert Foster-Knight, Adam Grocke, Nick Jackman, Steven Brosnan, Tom Carr, Tim Masierowski, Anthony Sheehan, Andrew Osborn
#44: Tom Logan, Salim Hassan, Mark McKenzie, Ben Hollands, Scott Hahn, Don Webb, Jarrod Cotton
#45: Matthew Martin, Nick Salter, Peter Hardy, Chris Hall, Dean Brogan, Scott Bassett
#46: Jesse Laurie, Darren Burton, Rhett Biglands
#47: Jason Dylan
#48: Luke Ottens

Here's an obscure one. Robert Whatman 1975-76 wore no.9. He was an early favourite as I wore 9 for my school team, come from NSW so tucked the ball Rugby League style under his arm when he ran, I copied that, he was a speedster and he did drop kicks , which I liked to do.

Are we going to add the AFL ones eg Mark Harwood 18, Stephen Paxman 14 etc.

Did you miss post 14 mate? See you in Canberra!

Did you miss post 14 mate? See you in Canberra!

Yeah I missed it. Don't know how, but I did. Saw it a few minutes after I posted mine.:eek: See you in the capital.

Poor Natty, like Graeme 'Jerker' Jenkin, remembered as a Magpie ruckman used as a step-ladder in a GF by an audaciously talented Blues opponent. At least Natty collected a couple of premiership flags after that to ease the pain.

R Davies - from (a bad) memory wasn't it something like 21k, 21m, 21ho.

Too bad about 79 though and being suspended.

R Davies - from (a bad) memory wasn't it something like 21k, 21m, 21ho.

Horrible, horrible numbers. Too many in that game. Should've known it wasn't our day when Dave cleaned up Michael Graham and not only did he get up, he ripped us a new one (not that he was an orphan for Sturt that day). Still, Dave never made that mistake again, and Port (and Jack) had a phenomenal record in GF's after that. Might well have been the making of Jack as a coach.

Too bad about 79 though and being suspended.

Made the legend of Sticks Dolan tho. :thumbsu:

Lindsay McGie - number 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen an old Footy Budget from 1971 that listed him as 6. Did he also wear 3?

When you get challenged by the guru - you all of a sudden get nagging doubts - I thought that at some time in his career he wore 3, but I'm human, I could be wwwrrooongg!

All our AFL numbers - players who wore them including those who swapped jumpers and how many games they played in that number can be found at the great AFL tables site.

All time player list
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/padelaide.html

and then hit the # button and sort by number either ascending or descending. You then can look at each individual players page and you get the total of how many games in each jumper.

I've gone thru our preimership sides and picked up the following players are missing from the current list, using memory, old budgets and books and confirming some stuff on Mark's database at TPFP.

1977 OK

Mark Dawson 7
Kym Curtis 17 he wore 28 in 1978 and earlier years which is in the list
Ian Bradmore 30

Ross Agius 15
Bradmore 30
Chris Natt 8 He wore 7 between 72 and 78. That photo of Davies mark in the 76 GF on Natt's shoulders is etched in my brain with his knee above the 7.

Tony Marytn 24

1988 OK

1989 OK

Ben Harris 29, he had 30 before he went to Brissy ie 82-86, wore 22 in 91

1992 OK

1994 Ok

Michael Wilson 15

Wilson 15
Francis changed to 3
Brian Beinkie 24
Phil McGuiness 23
Warren Tredrea 56
David Bamford 50

Some others
Gary Tredrea 15
John Cahill 14
Bob Quinn 1
Trevor Bubbles Obst 3
Neville Phillips 13
John Evans wore 31 when Sorell was in Tassie in 75-76.Then wore 20
Rod Burton 4

you are an encyclopedia REH

It's always interesting to see people's attachment to player numbers, as was raised in one of the 2009 number threads.

I thought it might be fun to see how many player names we can attach to the numbers, and have a bit of a historical roll call of PAFC players and the numbers they wore. Feel free to have a bit of a reminisce about your favourite players and their numbers. I recall a few of my school folders and pencil cases bearing the numbers 18 David Granger, 3 Stephen Clifford and 7(1) Russell Ebert. 5 Tim Evans and 27 Max James made their way on a few times too.

Once this is done the list can be moved to Club 1870 as a reference.

Here's the current list, and I've added a few names to get the ball rolling:

01 - Travis Boak, Domenic Cassisi, Warren Tredrea, Matt Primus, Gavin Wanganeen, Darryl Borlase, Tim Ginever, Greg Phillips, Russell Ebert, Brian Cunningham, Russell Johnston, John Cahill, Fos Williams, Bob Quinn
02 -Cameron Hitchcock, Darryl Wakelin, Josh Carr, Darrell Cahill, Tim Ginever, Scott Pedler
03 - Campbell Heath, Steven Salopek, Shane Breuer, Brett Montgomery, Stephen 'Bomber' Clifford, Randall Gerlach, Andrew Obst, Gavin Wanganeen, Chris Dalkin, Gary Smallridge, Trevor Obst, Fabian Francis
04 - Brent Renouf, Daniel Motlop, Gavin Wanganeen, Chris Naish, Ivan Eckermann, Dwayne Russell, George Fiacchi, Ron Elleway, Rod Burton
05 - Matthew Broadbent, Brendon Lade, Shane Bond, Tim Evans, Brian Leys, Bruce Abernethy, Bob Kingston
06 - Angus Monfries, Danyle Pearce, Jarrad Schofield, Scott Cummings, Adam Thomson, Andy Porplycia, Phil Harrison, Lindsay McGie, Darren Mckay
07 - Brad Ebert, Peter Burgoyne, Brett Chalmers, John Rombotis, Russell Ebert, Steven Curtis, Roger Delaney, Chris Natt, Mark Dawson
08 - Hamish Hartlett, Shaun Burgoyne, Fabian Francis, Craig Ebert, Brian Cunningham, Brett Chalmers, Greg Anderson, Peter Crerar, Chris Natt
09 - Robbie Gray, Jacob Surjan, Josh Carr, James Ezard, Anthony Williams, Milan Faletic, Brayden Lyle, Mark Williams, Robert Whatman, Michael O'Brien, Scott Spalding, Anthony Darcy
10 - Travis Boak, Josh Francou, Stephen Williams, Bob Clayton, John Spry, Michael Errey
11 - John Butcher, Damien Hardwick, Nathan Eagleton, Ryan Willits, Marlon Motlop, Scott Hodges, Kym Kinnear, Ross Haslam
12 - Jackson Trengove, Nathan Lonie, Aaron Shattock, Che Cockatoo-Collins, Brent Heaver, Bruce Abernethy, John Harvey, Simon Tregenza, Richard Manouge, Max James
13 - Cam O'Shea, Mitchell Farmer, Ben Eckermann, Danny Morton, Chris Hall, Rohan Smith, Geoff Blethyn, Brad Gotch, Neville Phillips, Phil Robertson, Len Warren
14 - Paul Stewart, Stephen Paxman, Elijah Ware, Dennis Errey, Ian Verrier, Wayne Mahney, Andrew Mcleod, Greg Boyd, John Cahill, Julian Burton
15 - Lewis Stevenson, David Rodan, Byron Pickett, David Hynes, Neville Thiele, Darryl Wakelin, Wes Fellowes, Ross Agius, Michael Wilson, Gary Tredrea
16 - Ollie Wines, Danyle Pearce, Warren Tredrea, Paul Belton, Kevin Beswick, Darryl Borlase, Ben Jacobs
17 - Tom Clurey. Robbie Gray, Stuart Dew, Peter Woite, Geof Motley, Martin Leslie, Paul Rizonico, Nigel Fiegert, Kym Curtis
18 - Kane Cornes, Mark Harwood, David Granger, Arlen Kennedy, Peter Broderick, Troy Bond, Paul Kemp, Colin Whitehead
19 - Matt White, Nick Salter, Matthew Bishop, Donald Dickie, Carl Fragomeni, Adrian Settre, Jon Simpson, Tim Ginever, Ray Huppatz, Mick Hamill
20 - Chad Wingard, Dean Brogan, Greg Phillips, Mark Lawson, Jon Evans, Des Drogemuller, Greg Natt, Troy Bond, Wayne Broadbridge
21 - Jared Polec, Matt Thomas, Scott Bassett, David Brown, Craig Bradley, Mark Williams, Jeff Potter, Len Warren
22 - Mason Shaw, Simon Phillips, Jay Nash, Hamish Hartlett, Josh Mahoney, Bowen Lockwood, Greg Phillips, Keith Spencer, Greg Boyd, Tony Malakellis, Ben Harris, Milan Faletic
23 - Matthew Lobbe, Brad Symes, Matthew Bode, Adam Morgan, Tony Giles, Mark Warton, Phil McGuinness
24 - Jarman Impey, Nathan Blee, Michael Stevens, Damon White, Matthew Westhoff, Damian Squire, Bruce Nyland, Tony Hannan, Mark Tylor, Brenton Owens, Tony Martyn, Bryan Beinke, Graeme Robertson
25 - Domenic Cassisi, Russell Johnston, Geoff Phelps, Troy Olsen, Michael Tate, Glen Kelsh
26 - Andrew Moore, Nick Lower, Stuart Cochrane, Derek Murray, Bruce Light, Greg Anderson, Richard Foster, Peter Hofner
27 - Alipate Carlile, Max James, Alan Gill, David Hutton
28 - Jay Schulz, Toby Thurstans, Stephen Daniels, Danny Hughes, Darren Smith, John Ede, Kym Curtis, Zane Separovich, Anthony Williams
29 - Jasper Pittard, Nathan Krakouer, Adam Kingsley, Paul Marrett, David Baker, Craig Lum, Robert Dolan, Robert West, Ben Harris
30 - Sam Colquhoun, Troy Chaplin, Cain Ackland, Darryl Poole, Leon Milde, Ben Harris, Roger Kerr, Paul Stringer,Roger Kerr, Ian Bradmore, Peter Stephens
31 - Mitch Harvey, Mitchell Banner, Darren Pfeiffer, Barnaby French, Paul Geister Trevor Sorrell, Dexter Kennedy, Paul Williams, Jon Evans, David Harvey
32 - Jake Neade, John Butcher, Matthew Broadbent, Tom Carr, Paul Koulouriotis, Stephen Gilham, Craig Ebert, Steven Knight, Paul Northeast, Roger Delaney, Glen Elliot
33 - Darcy Byrne-Jones, Brett Ebert, Brenton Cole, Darren Mead, Colin Bald
34 - Jarrad Redden, Adam Cockshell, Brent Guerra, Nathan Steinberner, Nathan Buckley, Anthony Dutch
35 - John McCarthy, Chad Cornes, Mark Conway, Russell Boyd, Andrew Obst
36 - Jack Hombsch, Michael Pettigrew, Nick Stevens, Stephen Carter, Shane Grimm, Shane Lawson
37 - Kane Mitchell, Wade Thompson, Fabian DeLuca, Steve Brosnan, Allan Murray
38 - Roger James, Ben Newton, Scott Harding, Jonathan Giles, Shane Crothers
39 - Justin Westhof, Adam Heuskes
40 - Aaron Young, Paul Evans, Matt Westhoff, Glen Dawson, Spiro Malakellis
41 - Brendon Ah Chee, Jason Davenport, Greg Bentley, Clive Waterhouse
42 - Tom Jonas, Peter Walsh, Danny Meyer, Jaxon Crabb,
43 - Karl Amon, Daniel Stewart
44 - Tom Logan
45 - Matthew Martin
46 - Sam Gray, Jesse Laurie, Fabian Francis
47 - Jarrad Irons, Cameron Cloke, Daryl Chenoweth
50 - Tony Bamford
56 - Warren Tredrea

a few from the 60s/70s:
1- Dennis Errey -
27 - Kevin Salmon
12 - Greg Leal
9 - Peter Yeo
13 - Bob Philp, Eddie Woloczek
6 - Graham Cooper
7 - Dave Gill
25 - Peter Mead
? - Dave Cheetham
18 - Eric Freeman
8 - Steve Traynor
28 - Doug Spiers
16 - Reg Beaufoy

From the History section of the club's website which Matt Agius has put a s**t load of work into in 2015.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/club/history/the-guernsey
The following players have worn their guernsey number 100 times in either senior SANFL or AFL games.

Legend
Names in black recorded their 100th game prior to 1997
Names in teal have recorded 100 AFL games
Names in silver recorded their 100th SANFL game after 1996
The the guernsey number and names are listed.

Edit cut and paste of original PAFC story with jumper graphics.

Added to this since 2015

7 Brad Ebert
8 Hamish Hartlett
1/42 Tom Jonas
16 Ollie Wines
20 Chad Wingard
29 Jasper Pittard
14 Paul Stewart
33 Darcy Byrne Jones
17 Tom Clurey 96 games after Rd 16 North Melbourne game 2020.

1599707229241.png

1599707247059.png

1599707267269.png

1599707349517.png

1599707365191.png

Last edited:
From the History section of the club's website which Matt Agius has put a s**t load of work into in 2015.

The following players have worn their guernsey number 100 times in either senior SANFL or AFL games.

Legend
Names in black recorded their 100th game prior to 1997
Names in teal have recorded 100 AFL games
Names in silver recorded their 100th SANFL game after 1996
The the guernsey number and names are listed.

Darryl Borlase and a few others will be pleased to know they played 100 AFL games. Needs more silver ;)

Pat Taylor 18
Dave Granger 31 (wore it in his first year 1975)
Ray Hayes 32
Stephen O'brien 24

Trevor Mcleod 21
Pat Hynes 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back