The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That commentary team should be sacked. Just so one-eyed NSW's way. They complained all night long about the NSW side being down a man. Would have won if not for that. Well I Know nothing about the rules, but if he was sent off for a misdemeanor (I missed the start) then that's the rules. You would almost think that those people in NSW are Poms, the way they whinged.

I was almost at the stage of putting it on mute they were that bad.
😂👏👏It’s an annual tradition Horace….🍺🍺.Think of it like a reverse uni card here in Afl vic…but 1000 times worse….bit like Eddy calling the game, dissecting the game and passing judgment on the game but only from his teams perspective……every time and seeing nothing wrong with it…😂
The game is theirs and theirs alone…or so they think….their media pumps up their teams Tyers …..but they are so far down the track they wouldn’t know what an unbiased call is….
But alas it’s a thing of beauty to watch Johns and co. moan groan sook ect….and actively barrack for a come back, next try , we need the next penalty…….which they think it’s normal …then see qld score next….ah welll…….😂😂mute is a great idea….as it’s very obvious to newcomers how bad it is….
Done that many times…but their denial at post matches is even more cringe …its a becomes a we were gallant, heroic, BRAVE…..drinking their own cool aide….🤮
I’ve got to the stage now l just watch the play and totally ignore what they are saying…they’ll never admit it but they continue to be right up there as one of the worst commentary teams going around year on year..

NSW export here so I try every year to watch and still get some residual pleasure if the Blues do well (not that it happens often), but I have to switch off the commentary, and to be honest I really don’t enjoy it enough to stay interested any more. Even with the sound off the try-hard hypermasculinity of the whole event is pretty gross, and it’s got nothing on footy - even the ordinary footy I mostly get to see these days - as a sport.

Billy's gotta takeover from Craig, shirley ? ⚡⚡⚡
Considering he’s based just outside of Melbourne with his horses and farm you would love to see it….but l think with his young kids and enjoying his Media job….it’s unlikely at this stage….but not shutting the door …..l hope..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back