Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Started the 8 Show, seems to a copy paste of Squid Game/Alice in Borderland but I like that concept so I'll stick with it.
Got to episode 2 and dont know if I will go back

The concept is fine I just dont know if it doesnt devolve into something unwatchable

I think the message is that society doesnt want good news or good outcomes and television ( and my view on news over the last 25 years) is about creating conflict and presenting the worst news

The best reality shows are about conflict between people. Big Brother , Survivor are the best at this and they are legends of the genre. We even see it in My Kitchen Rules ffs. Find the good guys and bad guys and edit the show to point the viewer to who they should cheer and boo for and sit back

Got to episode 2 and dont know if I will go back

The concept is fine I just dont know if it doesnt devolve into something unwatchable

I think the message is that society doesnt want good news or good outcomes and television ( and my view on news over the last 25 years) is about creating conflict and presenting the worst news

The best reality shows are about conflict between people. Big Brother , Survivor are the best at this and they are legends of the genre. We even see it in My Kitchen Rules ffs. Find the good guys and bad guys and edit the show to point the viewer to who they should cheer and boo for and sit back

I finished it yesterday. Not entirely what I expected, not fantastic but not awful.

Definitely far better out there.

Was at it's best in the first 4 seasons when it was all fact based.
I would hardly say the first four seasons were fact-based. It's just that we don't really remember, so they got away with it. But I have read plenty of articles saying how even in the seasons preceding the Diana years, they fudged the facts considerably to suit the story they wanted to tell.

I recall one incident when Maggie Thatcher's son went missing in that Sahara race, and they conflated that with her motivation in declaring war on the Falklands in the series. Yet, the truth was that her son went missing in January of that year (and was found), and she declared war in March. The two things were never related. But, according to The Crown, they were.

I would hardly say the first four seasons were fact-based. It's just that we don't really remember, so they got away with it. But I have read plenty of articles saying how even in the seasons preceding the Diana years, they fudged the facts considerably to suit the story they wanted to tell.

I recall one incident when Maggie Thatcher's son went missing in that Sahara race, and they conflated that with her motivation in declaring war on the Falklands in the series. Yet, the truth was that her son went missing in January of that year (and was found), and she declared war in March. The two things were never related. But, according to The Crown, they were.
Perhaps more factually relevant perhaps.

Was pretty clear there were some agendas at play in the last two seasons. Harry was a pretty obvious one for instance.

May never have been completely fact based but the first 4 were certainly less agenda driven.

Was pretty clear there were some agendas at play in the last two seasons. Harry was a pretty obvious one for instance.
I agree with that. In those last seasons, they really started to portray Charles in such a positive/noble way to possibly reform public opinion about him. I don't think you can trust anything in that show. I treated it as fiction.

All the warning signs are there, terrible trailer, poor reviews. There's times I'm in the mood for some middling action movie so long as the action is fun, this doesn't look like that movie. Think I'll be giving it a miss.

It's one of those movies that you fast-forward through parts just to get to the end quicker. Lopez is just terrible. The CGI was actually pretty decent because Netflix spent $100 million (I read) on this movie. But it's a total stinker. I think I saw this morning that Rotten Tomatoes has it at 11% certified rotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get the mindset of, you have waited for this your whole life so you are going to write yourself off hours before the game even starts.

This wasn't just the mindset of a few people, this is clearly apart of their culture and trouble is always around the corner with english soccer fans.

And I feel very uncomfortable when people calling it passion.

One thing that stuck with me was that lot of these people appeared to be well over the age of 21.
I wonder how old the guy was who had the flare up his arse

That stuff doesn't exist

I don't think there is, it just turns a normal tv into a smart tv. You still have to pay and subscribe for the streaming services you wanwant
Well I got one and. I have all Sports Channels, Netflix, Stan etc etc and cost me $200 to start and all is free.. including all movie and all overseas sports

Is it Glenn Robbins?
Pretty sure Glenn was in Upper Middle Bogan, which iirc featured a few of the same people from The Moodys. Both good shows.
The bloke who looks a little like a younger Glenn Robbins in The Moodys is Patrick Brammall, who co-wrote and stars in Colin From Accounts (which I have not really enjoyed so far).

Archive 81

Anyone watched it or going to?

Started the 1st episode and its got me in - knowing there is only 6 episodes makes it easier to finish rather than bail
4 episodes down and hope to finish it tomorrow night

Classy concept borrowing from many horror tropes without going overboard

Blair Witch , Time Jump , Haunted House , Paranormal and Sinister Motives

Acting is solid without being amazing and the different film stock used helps identify locations

4 episodes down and hope to finish it tomorrow night

Classy concept borrowing from many horror tropes without going overboard

Blair Witch , Time Jump , Haunted House , Paranormal and Sinister Motives

Acting is solid without being amazing and the different film stock used helps identify locations
I liked it.

It’s low key but quite good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back