Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RAGE was playing an unadvertised tribute to Sinead O'Connor - channel surfing I'm like "I recognise the face but not the song"

No real surprise that they finished on 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and it just has such an unmistakable intro - but for all the times I've heard that song over the years, not sure I've ever seen the full video clip through with the outdoor scenery, always just the black screen with Sinead's face

RAGE was playing an unadvertised tribute to Sinead O'Connor - channel surfing I'm like "I recognise the face but not the song"

No real surprise that they finished on 'Nothing Compares 2 U' and it just has such an unmistakable intro - but for all the times I've heard that song over the years, not sure I've ever seen the full video clip through with the outdoor scenery, always just the black screen with Sinead's face

Haven't watched Rage in ages .

I've been watching the Howard stern show esp the music from the Howard stern show.

Couple of beautiful thought provoking songs that remind us of the 60's-70's, yet are very contemporary.
Who said they don't write amazing songs and music anymore?

Need to play this every year, such a timeless classic

not their best performance of it, but the closest to the original in the studio.
if you haven't, catch the clips of them actually writing, arranging, and recording it in Godard's One Plus One movie. You can find clips all over the tube. The non-Stones parts of the movie are impenetrable Italian avant-garde movie making.:confusedv1:
For me SFD is like Jumpin Jack Flash and Gimme Shelter. They are studio creations that have not been duplicated on stage, altered yes and sometimes very good, but not the same magic of the original.

not their best performance of it, but the closest to the original in the studio.
if you haven't, catch the clips of them actually writing, arranging, and recording it in Godard's One Plus One movie. You can find clips all over the tube. The non-Stones parts of the movie are impenetrable Italian avant-garde movie making.:confusedv1:
For me SFD is like Jumpin Jack Flash and Gimme Shelter. They are studio creations that have not been duplicated on stage, altered yes and sometimes very good, but not the same magic of the original.

Yeah they did some scintillating live versions when Taylor (and Hopkins) were in the band of all three, but otherwise completely agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back