The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha I'm old enough to remember that Uncanny X-Men song. Feels like fifty years ago!

I like most forms of music so long as there's an appealing rhythm and beat, and meaningful lyrics, not throwaway pop. Spiritual music particularly reggae is my passion (or old people's music as they call it these days in Jamaica :p)

Currently listening to Professor aka Harrison Stafford of Groundation. Great cover version of the Justin Hinds and the Dominoes classic Natty Take Over with the help of some legendary Kingston musicians below and also a Groundation original Picture on the Wall...

He does the reggae superbly for a little white American Jewish kid... He's actually a real professor - teaches music at some University in the states.

When Bieber is topping charts I'm more than happy to stick with my 'old people's' music..

Oh man I miss Hutcho. I remember going to see him and INXS perform at Fisho's back in the nineties. I was shattered when I heard what happened to him a few years later.

Oh man I miss Hutcho. I remember going to see him and INXS perform at Fisho's back in the nineties. I was shattered when I heard what happened to him a few years later.
He was irreplaceable, closest they ever got imo was Pretty Vegas and Afterglow *shrugs*

Newish rock -

Edit - Wanted to clarify that my comment about 'closest' was about the sound, never the person.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I never seen this thread..
I listen to a small amount of all genres.. Love old school rock, but my main music love is 90's pop punk... Eg: greenday, blink 182, new found glory, mxpx, yellow card, good Charlotte, simple plan.. Plenty more.. Heck I even like Tay Tay... Just don't tell anyone.

Last time I seen Green Day was Bris Entertainment Centre late '09, on the way there when the radio announced JET as the support band! Nearly freaked out the driver, doesn't get much better than 2 gr8 bands for the price of 1.

Dookie is 1 of my fav albums -

Last edited:
Can't believe I never seen this thread..
I listen to a small amount of all genres.. Love old school rock, but my main music love is 90's pop punk... Eg: greenday, blink 182, new found glory, mxpx, yellow card, good Charlotte, simple plan.. Plenty more.. Heck I even like Tay Tay... Just don't tell anyone.

My ex was into Simple Plan, I found them a little 'nasal' but didn't mind 3 songs off their 1st album -

Acoustic Sunday, 1 for the team :hearts:

Watched the movie "Ray" the other week about the life of Ray Charles. Didn't know much about him but WOW what a genius, the only true genius in show business according to Frank Sinatra. Haven't stopped listening to him since...

Was skating through YouTube looking for more Ray stuff and found this classic by Tina Turner. Best live show ever according to my mum!!! (Better than the Beatles, she saw them too!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back