Scape Goat The MFC Truth and Reconciliation Commission is in session

Remove this Banner Ad

I left the '88 GF a little after 3/4 time. I felt bad about that for years and then ended up also going to the '00 GF. I left a little after 3/4 time. :oops:

You'll never make that mistake again.

In the 2006 St Kilda final I'd been having a running battle with a St Kilda fan behind me the whole night. Obviously he was on a high when they were dominating, then just delved into abuse as the night when on and the margin shrunk. After 40 minutes of swearing at each other and making snide comments about the other one without me ever turning around I totally lost it after Yze kicked the sealer and jumped up, started pointing right in his face and yelled words to the effect of "heck YOU! heck YOU! STICK THAT UP YOUR ARSE! heck YOU!" before realising that I then had to sit down again and he would probably king hit me.

Luckily I didn't get biffed, but I wouldn't have been able to go on the news and tearfully pretend that I hadn't provoked him if he did.

In the 2006 St Kilda final I'd been having a running battle with a St Kilda fan behind me the whole night. Obviously he was on a high when they were dominating, then just delved into abuse as the night when on and the margin shrunk. After 40 minutes of swearing at each other and making snide comments about the other one without me ever turning around I totally lost it after Yze kicked the sealer and jumped up, started pointing right in his face and yelled words to the effect of "**** YOU! **** YOU! STICK THAT UP YOUR ARSE! **** YOU!" before realising that I then had to sit down again and he would probably king hit me.

Luckily I didn't get biffed, but I wouldn't have been able to go on the news and tearfully pretend that I hadn't provoked him if he did.

Violence in our society is out of control, yes I would blame the terrorists

I was vehemently anti-merger in '96. I now wonder if we should have gone ahead with it.

Melb v St Kilda in the early 70s at Waverley. At the end of the game I jumped the fence to tell Carl Dietrich to F&@% Off. As I got closer...he got bigger. I got to 2 feet away, looked up, gulped and run away.

At the footy I've been racist, homophobic, sexist and misogynistic. And that's just been to my own family.

Victoria Park 1976. I was hit over the head with an umbrella by an old lady with no teeth for abusing Len Thompson for being a washed up old hack.

I hate all opposition teams with a vengeance.

I was vehemently anti-merger in '96. I now wonder if we should have gone ahead with it..

The Commission absolves all sins, but no. I'd rather go down as the MFC than live forever with a velcro hawk on our jumper.

Though having said that I'd be a Freo fan now if that had happened, so it would have been up to others to enjoy this quality 'theme'.

The Commission absolves all sins, but no. I'd rather go down as the MFC than live forever with a velcro hawk on our jumper.

Though having said that I'd be a Freo fan now if that had happened, so it would have been up to others to enjoy this quality 'theme'.

I'm always pleasantly surprised to remember how bad that song is.

So familiar and yet so horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Two will make us stronger..."

Well, it certainly would have made us stronger.

Look at how good the Hawks are now. Imagine how good they'd be if Nathan Jones was playing for them as well!

Not a Melbourne related confession but I would love for Essendon to beat Norf next week.
I have a lot of good mates that are Bombers fans (and I don't know any Norf fans, really none). Not overly fussed if Essendon bomb out in weeks 2 just as long as they knock out Norf first

I was a staunch supporter of Cale Morton for the length of his tenure at the MFC, so much so that I used to verbally have a go at supporters who bagged him at games.

I guess you would have been too busy getting stuck into all his critics to see how garbage he was playing.

I think it was the Gold Coast game last year or the year before. Cale Morton was jogging around the backs of packs with his trademark bent-wrist style. There were two consecutive contests where he hesitated going at the ball. Rather than unleashing on him, I asked him if he planned on doing anything today. There were 12k people there or something and he deadset turned is head and looked at me after I said/yelled it indicating he very well had heard me (he was right near the boundary line and most definitely would have. Spurred on by sfellows i was receiving from the crowd in the vicinity, while he was looking at me I said, "Well?"

Everyone laughed and I spent the rest of the day feeling sorry for him.

PS. Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. So many to add

I was a staunch supporter of Cale Morton for the length of his tenure at the MFC, so much so that I used to verbally have a go at supporters who bagged him at games.
Ooops. Just saw this post. I was not in my usual members seat. Went over the Southern Stand to sit in the sun - they managed to squeeze me in to one of the few spare seats :rolleyes: - thankfully you weren't there.

I honestly could not give a rats who we recruit this off-season, as long as the price is reasonable (or free) they can go out and get anybody they like and I'm not going to get upset. Even if GWS delist Scully for being an enormously overpriced spude I will take him back as a rookie without complaint.

Get ready to quote this when I'm posting on threads going on about how we have to get Tom Clurey (who the * is Tom Clourey?).

I think it was the Gold Coast game last year or the year before. Cale Morton was jogging around the backs of packs with his trademark bent-wrist style. There were two consecutive contests where he hesitated going at the ball. Rather than unleashing on him, I asked him if he planned on doing anything today. There were 12k people there or something and he deadset turned is head and looked at me after I said/yelled it indicating he very well had heard me (he was right near the boundary line and most definitely would have. Spurred on by sfellows i was receiving from the crowd in the vicinity, while he was looking at me I said, "Well?"

Everyone laughed and I spent the rest of the day feeling sorry for him.

PS. Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. So many to add
I swear that a similar thing happened to me earlier this year. Someone from Geelong took a mark v us right in front of me (I was sitting front row) and then went off the field with the blood rule. Stevie J ran about 30m to take the kick and I yelled "You can't just choose who you give the kick to!" Almost certain that SJ and the umpire heard and looked at me.

I honestly could not give a rats who we recruit this off-season, as long as the price is reasonable (or free) they can go out and get anybody they like and I'm not going to get upset. Even if GWS delist Scully for being an enormously overpriced spude I will take him back as a rookie without complaint.

Get ready to quote this when I'm posting on threads going on about how we have to get Tom Clurey (who the * is Tom Clourey?).
I pretty much agree. I think I listed my prerequisites in the drafting/trading thread.

1. Can kick
2. Can kick under a modicum of pressure
3 (optional). Unusual name

I think the AFL didn't give N.Jones a spot in the AA 40 and any Dee a Rising Star nomination this year for a reason. To justify giving us a priority pick somewhere in or around the 1st round. Using the lack of stars or potential in our list as its reasoning.

PLEASE NOTE: I am wearing my tin foil hat as i type so the government don't hear my thoughts ;)

I think the AFL didn't give N.Jones a spot in the AA 40 and any Dee a Rising Star nomination this year for a reason. To justify giving us a priority pick somewhere in or around the 1st round. Using the lack of stars or potential in our list as its reasoning.

PLEASE NOTE: I am wearing my tin foil hat as i type so the government don't hear my thoughts ;)

attachment.php

(Oddly enough, this is the second time I've used this picture today...in two entirely different contexts...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back