The Lethal's Lounge Great Food Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Saint & Rouge mate great place, had a crap morning, still dealing with insurance claims, then had to deal with restoring my i phone after it locked!!! I lost all my contacts and music so send me your number by text muppet.

bad day!

four pints at current, more to come.

Your iPhone will be backed up on iTunes. Just do a restore when it's unlocked.

Your iPhone will be backed up on iTunes. Just do a restore when it's unlocked.

Yes you're right but the idiot from 3 mobile in Bangalore told me to choose the set up a new phone option so I lost everything!! Oh well had enough of this phone!!!

Yu-u off Flinders Lane. Superb Japanese restaurant. They only do a set menu for lunch. One dish, and the whole month is laid out in advance. Great food and atmosphere.

For anyone that likes chilli and insanely hot food, check out thechillifactory.com

A friend put me on to the hottest chilli in the world - the butch t scorpion, and i found out there's a crowd in nsw that grow them and produce sauces and condiments, so I ordered a few. Absolutely insanely hot stuff, I loved it. Tastes great too.

Just exited Coda after a 4 hour lunch. Very, very good.

Coda is way too dark on a day like this.

I was at number 8 at crown dining in the sunshine. Great day for it.

Did you foot the bill? Very expensive there. At least that is what they said during my expense audit.

Coda is way too dark on a day like this.

I was at number 8 at crown dining in the sunshine. Great day for it.

Did you foot the bill? Very expensive there. At least that is what they said during my expense audit.

On the work AMEX. $140 a head.

Great feed. Really gone to the next level, I think.

Vue De Monde = WAY more expensive. Me and the missus saved up for a few months to go there for our 5th anniversary. We'd saved about $400.

This covered half the total bill...

Vue De Monde = WAY more expensive. Me and the missus saved up for a few months to go there for our 5th anniversary. We'd saved about $400.

I have a few ideas of how to use that cash bro.......with or without the missus!

It's a pretty amazing restaurant though. The degustation menu is actually pretty good for the $$. But yeah, tis a lof of dough. The new one at the Rilato is outstanding.

It's a pretty amazing restaurant though. The degustation menu is actually pretty good for the $$. But yeah, tis a lof of dough. The new one at the Rilato is outstanding.

The view is almost worth the price itself, even at night.

The only timeslot we could get around that time was 8.45 on a Tuesday night. We rolled out of there at 12.15...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd you like the doggy bag with muesli in it?

I was there soon after opening - stuff was still being fitted out and the like. The thing I find admirable about Bennett is not just his precision, skill and artistry with his cooking, but how everything in the restaurant is thought about and part of the experience. A good operator.

Re: The Mustard Pot Great Food Guide

Trudged along to Aus-kick in the rain this morning, only to find it wasn't on. So Grizzlym Jr and I headed just up the road to Oasis Bakery and had Middle Eastern pizzas for a second breakfast. I you haven't been to this absolute gem of a Lebanese grocery/bakery/food store on North Road, you gotta get there. The secret's been out for awhile now, but I reckon the place just gets better. Very smartly run. Great food.

Have travelled up and down North Rd for years and seen cars fighting for car spaces. Since you posted this Grizz, I have said to myself must go in for a look.

Very large warehouse building - giant warehouse building at back for further car parking.

Went for breakfast with Mrs X - very disappointed. Food v Price v Service. Not my cup of tea.

Guess it proves I am a 'grumpy old man' :eek:

Finally tried out Taxi - just for dessert - and was really impressed! Service was top level, view over the Yarra/St Kilda road was pretty swish and the food was just mouth watering. Loved it and looking forward to going back there for a 3 course.

Tried Ocha in Church St Kew - extremely good food for some dishes, others a little average, serves were too small. Also - the clientele just seemed really boring and exactly the same. I usually go out to eat in the CBD or inner suburbs and watching the crowd is as interesting as the food. Ocha was just a really dull crowd. Hard to describe.

For Crayfish lovers which restaurant do you go to ? and what prices do they charge.

Been to the Tooradin airfield restaurant a couple of times,they fly their catch straight in from Flinders Island.

Rang up at Xmas time to see what the price was and they informed me $125 a Kilo ouch......:eek:

Re: The Mustard Pot Great Food Guide

Have travelled up and down North Rd for years and seen cars fighting for car spaces. Since you posted this Grizz, I have said to myself must go in for a look.

Very large warehouse building - giant warehouse building at back for further car parking.

Went for breakfast with Mrs X - very disappointed. Food v Price v Service. Not my cup of tea.

Guess it proves I am a 'grumpy old man' :eek:

Pension went in did it X? :D

Finally tried out Taxi - just for dessert - and was really impressed! Service was top level, view over the Yarra/St Kilda road was pretty swish and the food was just mouth watering. Loved it and looking forward to going back there for a 3 course.

Tried Ocha in Church St Kew - extremely good food for some dishes, others a little average, serves were too small. Also - the clientele just seemed really boring and exactly the same. I usually go out to eat in the CBD or inner suburbs and watching the crowd is as interesting as the food. Ocha was just a really dull crowd. Hard to describe.

Yeah, Taxi is a good feed. Much better than the Press Club down the road.

As for Ocha: went there years ago - pre renovation - and the food was great. As for the crowd, ever eaten in Camberwell? Eastern suburbs...

Last week had marinaded skippy at the ELKIDRA MOTEL in Alice Springs.
Very nice must eat more Roo, the thought of eating one of our national emblems amuses me.:p

Last week had marinaded skippy at the ELKIDRA MOTEL in Alice Springs.
Very nice must eat more Roo, the thought of eating one of our national emblems amuses me.:p

Did you eat it rare?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back