The Ink Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a beautiful, elegant human being. I have been described as being a mix between Matt Damon and Jason Segal.

MaxMinch can vouch for my good looks. She fell in love at 1st sight. Unfortunately Mrs Miggs is still around so she will have to wait her turn.

I am a beautiful, elegant human being. I have been described as being a mix between Matt Damon and Jason Segal.

MaxMinch can vouch for my good looks. She fell in love at 1st sight. Unfortunately Mrs Miggs is still around so she will have to wait her turn.
What happens in Vegas

I don't have any tattoos but have started thinking about getting something and building from there. I'm a professional so don't want to touch my neck or high on my chest/collar as I'll need to hide them. I'm thinking I'd be happy ending up with sleeves as I'm usually suit & tie anyway (so it'll be hidden anyway) and think it's much more socially acceptable to have visible tattoos there these days in any event.

All I have come up with so far is that I think I want to work around an acronym (LIO NEM = Life is Ours, Nothing Else Matters). I was thinking of using the symmetry - So LIO on one shoulder/torso & NEM on the other??

I originally had an idea of a block/dice type thing or text on a page or something with a huge acronym of LJABIMRFBSOTOLWKYITA

But not sure how to incorporate so many letters. Don't want small writing either as I know it fades etc.

So anyone have any tips or ideas that could help a newbie like me? Anyone have any good tattooists (ideally Adelaide but happy to travel)?

Also...

Nipple or GTFO
Hurry back Miggsy!!

My advice is.

Try to find someone whose done something similar to what you're looking for. That way you know your artist has the skills to pull off what you want.

Sub note of this, if you've got an actual design in mind, see if you can get it illustrated (either yourself with a rough doodle, or get a friend whose good at drawing come up with something, so you can show the artist what you want (or you can let them come up with it entirely, and you can say yes/no or make changes.

Make sure the tattoo studio is clean, needles come out of packets, also helps if you like the guy/girl as you're going to be there for 10 hours or more for a 3/4 or full sleeve.

Most tattoo places are pretty newbie friendly, just talk to them !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back