The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed the originals. Quite different from the mainline games.
I've found that I don't really enjoy Let's Go or Sword. I'm looking for something different and it seemed interesting. They're remaking the red and blue rescue teams

I stopped playing after Gen VI. They've gone in the wrong direction.
Gen VII was pretty good for me but Sword and Shield is pretty terrible. I still think they should make an "Ash's journey" series with Kanto/Johto/Hoenn and maybe Orange Islands included.

Hearing a lot of negativity around it
Yeah I read about it during the lead when spoilers dropped, and then I saw what corners of the internet are mad and downvote brigading and reviewing bombing it and I gotta say, it doesn't bother or surprise me. It's primarily the "I hate women, lol SJW's" crowd I've seen the most frothing from. There are def some actual non foaming gripes I could see people having with the game, though, with it's tone and pacing but I think by the end I was thoroughly satisfied. I'll need time to marinate on it but I think for the moment I prefer the story from the first but the gameplay in this one is absolutely miles above the first.

Playing Last of us 2 atm. Not looking at any other posts for fear of spoilers. Taking it really slow. I've just had to turn it off as I don't think my nerves can take anymore tonight. The graphics are something else. I was not expecting it to be this good. Game itself is so enjoyable. I'm trying to take in all the details as much as possible. Wandering around looking at stuff and just soaking up the environment until all of a sudden..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes the game a little harder because there’s coloured fighting cues. And in black and white you can’t tell what they are lol
Apparently you have to watch their feet instead, don't watch their upper body as they feint, and they really advise using the 'slow down time' feature if you can. Excellent gameplay to come up with that.

It's worth getting, pretty fun. It's def on the easier side, but I've kind of enjoyed just being incredibly overpowered and destroying everything.

Something to be said for that. Love the challenge of the souls games and Nioh, but when I played God of War I left it on normal because I thought it's more fun to feel overpowered in that sort of game.

Has anyone got their hands on Cyberpunk?

Yep, (series X) haven't had any issues with bugs or crashes, I had more issues with Call of Duty Cold War than this.

I will say the AI is a bit underwhelming however this is apparently due to a bug. The bones of a great game are there, good missions, good story, good world, but you can tell it just needed more time. I reckon the game will be great when the next gen patch hits.

Its a shame about the negative press, the developers would have been crunching all year with COVID issues on top of that and now their hard work is getting slammed.
It also appears peoples expectations were just far too high, I hadn't followed the pre release hype aside from a trailer or two so its been great for someone that didn't know what to expect feature wise.

Yep, (series X) haven't had any issues with bugs or crashes, I had more issues with Call of Duty Cold War than this.

I will say the AI is a bit underwhelming however this is apparently due to a bug. The bones of a great game are there, good missions, good story, good world, but you can tell it just needed more time. I reckon the game will be great when the next gen patch hits.

Its a shame about the negative press, the developers would have been crunching all year with COVID issues on top of that and now their hard work is getting slammed.
It also appears peoples expectations were just far too high, I hadn't followed the pre release hype aside from a trailer or two so its been great for someone that didn't know what to expect feature wise.
I don't think the hype was necessarily too high.
They promised things on current gen systems and s**t the bed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back