Sport The Hangar Cycling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Only mildly interested in Cadel when the Tour is on. anychance this year? has he got a half-decent team this time?

He now rides for BMC and unlike with Silence Lotto the other riders should actually ride for him. He is a better chance in the Giro than the Tour, but is in with a good shot.

Tbh i only watch the tour, yet i watch almost all of it. Stage 7 last year I watched almost the whole climb.

Has Lance made his own team this year?

Tbh i only watch the tour, yet i watch almost all of it. Stage 7 last year I watched almost the whole climb.

Has Lance made his own team this year?

Yep, Team RadioShack. The Tour is one of the best sporting events on tv. :thumbsu:

He now rides for BMC and unlike with Silence Lotto the other riders should actually ride for him. He is a better chance in the Giro than the Tour, but is in with a good shot.
On average, where does BMC finish in group standings over the past, maybe, 5 years?

On average, where does BMC finish in group standings over the past, maybe, 5 years?

They have not been in the grand tours (Tour, Giro, Vuelta) before.

Can only get interested in cycling when this happens..

[YOUTUBE]ghqjailPGOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy this.

[YOUTUBE]Gr89ku-K2WU[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers PP, Just thought it could take the thread in the wrong direction, eg crash compilation rather than an actual discussion thread.

Cheers PP, Just thought it could take the thread in the wrong direction, eg crash compilation rather than an actual discussion thread.

Yeah, I was just humouring stay true. It is good to have someone to discuss cycling with. :thumbsu: Spikey et al. just give me crap about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I couldn't actually explain why I like it so much. That part of last years tour when Cadel was told to go back to the Peleton after trying to make a break, for me, sums up what I love about cycling. Its almost a mixture of sport and politics.

To be honest I couldn't actually explain why I like it so much. That part of last years tour when Cadel was told to go back to the Peleton after trying to make a break, for me, sums up what I love about cycling. Its almost a mixture of sport and politics.

It is very strategic and highly political (e.g. Spanish riders teaming up on Cadel).

Also, the Peleton occasionally not caring if the breakaway group wins the stage. (A member from the group... you know what i mean)

Also, the Peleton occasionally not caring if the breakaway group wins the stage. (A member from the group... you know what i mean)

Oscar Perreiro won after taking 20 mins on the peleton, which did not see him as a threat (although this is after Landis was stripped of the title).

Impressive, however, I am only 16.

Giving the Tour to Oscar Perreiro is a lot like giving the flag to Manly/Paramatta.

Impressive, however, I am only 16.

Giving the Tour to Oscar Perreiro is a lot like giving the flag to Manly/Paramatta.

I am 25 so I have a few years on you. :D My brother went to the tour last year and got me a shirt from Mont Ventoux. :thumbsu:

Is Mont Ventoux the one where Lance made that ridiculous attack last year?

Mont_ventoux_summit.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back