Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For a good standard lager that never fails to give you what you need, Coburg Lager is very hard to go past.

Bought a slab the other day, should do me well for a while.

For a good standard lager that never fails yo give you what you need, Coburg Lager is very hard to go past.

I had a case of Brunswick bitter at my house the other week, my father in-law made an impromptu visit for a funeral, staunch VB drinker he is...

The case didn't last long - was suitably impressed. Even during the first can when he said..yeh not bad, but I couldn't do too many of them...

For a good standard lager that never fails to give you what you need, Coburg Lager is very hard to go past.

I love getting down to Coburg City Oval the 4 or 5 times a season to drink it.

I should've mentioned: the Moon Dog Cake Hole tasted like a beer ie it wasn't pumped with flavourings to create a novelty drink. All the elements of a black forest cake were there, but they didn't smack you over the head. I was probably hoping for a bit more cherry. I'm pretty partial to a Kriek lambic, so thought it might be a bit of a fusion/crossover, but it was just a really nice and fairly rich stout.

Just trying the Coopers stout (second stubby in the six pack). I'm sold/

Also have a sixer of Four Pines Nitro stout to try.
cant beat the coopers stout for the price

I think I said somewhere in this thread previously, but try Southwark Stout if you can get your hands on it. For mine it beats Coopers Stout when comparing the 2 stouts from the major SA breweries in Coopers and the SA Brewing Company (the makers of Southwark and West End beers)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trouble I have with almost all craft stouts (like craft beer in general) is the inappropriate sweetness.
That said, I found this bizarre drop in Berlin called Schwarzer Abt - it's an old Communist East German concoction, an artifically-sweetened black beer dressed up as a medicinal tonic, that had to fight a court battle to even legally market itself as beer. Worth a try if only for the novelty.

That said, I found this bizarre drop in Berlin called Schwarzer Abt - it's an old Communist East German concoction, an artifically-sweetened black beer dressed up as a medicinal tonic, that had to fight a court battle to even legally market itself as beer. Worth a try if only for the novelty.

I need to find this.

Wife: Are you drinking again?
Pweter: No, I'm taking my medicinal tonic
Wife: There's 7 empties up there already
Pweter: I want to be really healthy

just had an email about 'lets go Melbourne' a month long initiative to get people back into the city, and Melbourne pumping again

First cab off the rank seems to be Nov 14th, CUB are putting on 2 for 1 Draught at every participating pub/venue across metro Melbourne

snakes piss it may be, but free is free, it equates to $4 a pint at our joint

just had an email about 'lets go Melbourne' a month long initiative to get people back into the city, and Melbourne pumping again

First cab off the rank seems to be Nov 14th, CUB are putting on 2 for 1 Draught at every participating pub/venue across metro Melbourne

snakes piss it may be, but free is free, it equates to $4 a pint at our joint

How awesome. Go to the pub with the lads, get hammered, return home and honestly tell the missus "but I didn't even spend 40 bucks".

Looks the goods.

The cola consistency worries me a bit though - is it a bit watery?
Relative to what? Guiness? Probably. It has a nice depth of flavour though and given it's 6.3% and doesn't leave a taste in your mouth like you just sucked an oily rag I wouldn't worry too much. It has more fizz than a guiness too but I don't mind that. It's a stout you can drink on a mild Summer eve just like this one. 🍻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back