Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, talk about someone who completely contradicts themselves in virtually every sentence of an interview.
Bad mouthing The Monster hasn’t turned out well for the other try hards who have tried it.
The Monster is a seriously messed up, nasty little man, why use your mouth to motivate him?

Interesting that The Monster has felt he needs to reply to the hate after Shawn Porters criticism of him.

“The home of the lightweight divisions is now here in Japan.
If you want to see the game, come to Japan.
If there is something better than what is available in the Japanese market in America, I’d be happy to go”.

I do get what Porter was saying, but Americans are so naive and full of themselves.
As for saying The Monster needs to “prove himself”, that’s just ridiculous.

No bigger career mismanagement than Michael Hunter. Lost a decision in Uzbekistan over night

Was once talked about as fighting AJ and i believe was mandatory at one time.

Interesting that The Monster has felt he needs to reply to the hate after Shawn Porters criticism of him.

“The home of the lightweight divisions is now here in Japan.
If you want to see the game, come to Japan.
If there is something better than what is available in the Japanese market in America, I’d be happy to go”.

I do get what Porter was saying, but Americans are so naive and full of themselves.
As for saying The Monster needs to “prove himself”, that’s just ridiculous.

Yeah I mean he's the best in the world right? I did read some dribbler saying he needed to fight Gervonta Davis or he's ducking him. Generally speaking it can't be called a duck if someone won't go up in weight to fight someone surely! (I'd love that fight to happen btw, would be an absolute banger)

Yeah I mean he's the best in the world right? I did read some dribbler saying he needed to fight Gervonta Davis or he's ducking him. Generally speaking it can't be called a duck if someone won't go up in weight to fight someone surely! (I'd love that fight to happen btw, would be an absolute banger)
I’ve heard multiple dribblers say Inoue must fight Tank, and it’s a bit rich Tank fans accusing others of ducking.
The Monster would need to go up 3 divisions, and he’s already gone up 5.

I can’t see The Monster going past Featherweight, his body is just to small.
He’s already on record saying he ranks Davis very highly, but thinks that realistically he’s just to big.

In fairness to Tank, his response to his moron fans is he thinks it would be a great fight, but Inoue seems to small.

Mayweather though is another American loud mouth trying to encourage the American hate. He doesn’t even stop at Inoue must fight Tank in America, he wants him to be regularly tested for PEDs.

The dude has sold out a 55k stadium in Japan, he’s a superstar. Bloody offended Americans.

Tim v Fondura 2 targeted for November in Vegas

A lot can happen between now and then of course but this is good. Though the problem is if Tszyu loses again I'm not sure where he goes from there, maybe Zerafa in Aus to get back into it? I mean he should win comfortably based on the first two rounds but you never know in boxing of course.

A lot can happen between now and then of course but this is good. Though the problem is if Tszyu loses again I'm not sure where he goes from there, maybe Zerafa in Aus to get back into it? I mean he should win comfortably based on the first two rounds but you never know in boxing of course.
Everyone knows there's an asterisk on that loss. Any loss sets you back a long way. Id go up in weight with a loss, fresh start? Winnable titles too

Good six month recovery.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tim v Fondura 2 targeted for November in Vegas
Yeah I’ve heard that.
There’s also talk of Tim v Bud in Saudi.

Tim’s best off fighting Fundora first then Bud.
Fundora is definitely best off fighting Tim first, it will be a huge ask for Fundora to beat Crawford.

Sounds like Spence is out of the picture for the time being.
Has to now find a new trainer and get used to him, will maybe need a tune up fight. Sounds like there is also going to be legal proceedings he might have to deal with.

Yeah I’ve heard that.
There’s also talk of Tim v Bud in Saudi.

Tim’s best off fighting Fundora first then Bud.
Fundora is definitely best off fighting Tim first, it will be a huge ask for Fundora to beat Crawford.

Sounds like Spence is out of the picture for the time being.
Has to now find a new trainer and get used to him, will maybe need a tune up fight. Sounds like there is also going to be legal proceedings he might have to deal with.
Sounds more like Bud v Madrimov
Which probably leaves Spence on the outer. Perhaps he fights Charlo or Lara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should call this fight off.
Yes, he may of just been acting crazy, but now he has missed weight, and he looks absolutely terrible.

Yeah, I think he's genuinely lost the plot a bit. Not sure if it has been drug fuelled or what, but he's clearly not all there.

Yeah, I think he's genuinely lost the plot a bit. Not sure if it has been drug fuelled or what, but he's clearly not all there.
His cheeks are sunken in, he looks completely ****ed up. He looks nothing like a pro boxer going into a title fight. (Although I assume this is no longer a title fight if the 3lbs overweight is true).

Garcia is clearly on the gear

Bloke is cooked. His antics at the press conference were concerning

Then he skulls a beer at the weigh ins when missing weight, wow

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I think Haney will KO him, he's levels above Garcia imo. Garcia wades in and leaves his chin exposed on occasion, Gervonta Davis found it and Haney doesn't hit as hard as him, but he'll find it on multiple occasions.
Yeah but think of the chaos of Garcia wins lol

Or even if he loses, I guess

Haney does look like he's struggled to make weight, and Ryan seems to not care.
I'm still tipping Haney's class, but Ryan could catch him.
Lol though at chugging beer while missing weight, there should be some sanctioning punishment for taking the piss like that.

Haney is a decision machine but he dropped Regis and Garcia is a quitter. Never gone 12 hard rounds. Think he quits on his stool or gets DQd

Decent few weeks coming up though

Canelo/Munguia
Loma/Kambosos
Fury/Usyk
Bivol/Beterb, Wilder/Zhang, Dubious/Hrgovic, Ball/Ford, Shareez/Ammo

Sensational. Monster fights too but not as tasty a dust up as those fights will be. The Bivol/Beterbiev card is the best of all time

Haney is a decision machine but he dropped Regis and Garcia is a quitter. Never gone 12 hard rounds. Think he quits on his stool or gets DQd

Decent few weeks coming up though

Canelo/Munguia
Loma/Kambosos
Fury/Usyk
Bivol/Beterb, Wilder/Zhang, Dubious/Hrgovic, Ball/Ford, Shareez/Ammo

Sensational. Monster fights too but not as tasty a dust up as those fights will be. The Bivol/Beterbiev card is the best of all time
We also have Jason Maloney v Yoshiki Takei, plus Takuma fighting on the same card as The Monster

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back