Remove this Banner Ad

What’s in a continental roll?

I'm glad you asked.

But for me it's

Crusty super chewy roll.
Mixed meat usually containing salami/mort/ham/coppa
Cheese
pickled/olive oil mixed veg such as egg plant/sundried tomatoes/olives/carrot

Occasionally they will have fresh lettuce but no other fresh salad. They should have nothing like mayo etc.

A lot of places have them pre-made and that's what I'll be testing rather than made at the counter.

Last edited:
I'm glad you asked.

But for me it's

Crusty super chewy roll.
Cheese

Occasionally they will have fresh lettuce but no other fresh salad. They should have nothing like mayo etc.

A lot of places have them pre-made and that's what I'll be testing rather than made at the counter.
How are your arteries?

Maybe a GP checkup before you start.

I'm glad you asked.

Sounds pretty good to me.
But for me it's

Crusty super chewy roll.
Cheese

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've started my quest to find the best continental roll in Perth. Reckon it will take 3 months.

Currently starting in the outer northern suburbs and working my way in to the city to the alleged origin of the west coast sandwich, The Re Store.

Updates to follow.

Probably 30-40 years to late PM, a lot of the tiny deli's used to make them, Panetta's store, Main st Osborne Park were to die for. He was a mate of mine and would bring half a dozen to school and sell them to us for lunch. Re store in Leederville if that is still going or Deli in Stirling off Cedric street were okay.

Hope your still on your quest, don't come in here too much as I get too hungry.

Probably 30-40 years to late PM, a lot of the tiny deli's used to make them, Panetta's store, Main st Osborne Park were to die for. He was a mate of mine and would bring half a dozen to school and sell them to us for lunch. Re store in Leederville if that is still going or Deli in Stirling off Cedric street were okay.

Hope your still on your quest, don't come in here too much as I get too hungry.
I know what u mean about the good ones. Was Pannettas there in the ‘80’s ? The best ones I had were from a tiny shop on Main Street but I don’t remember what it was called. Re-store in Leedy and north bridge are good but the bread has changed I reckon. Anyway I have two to report on this week. One “should” have been terrific and the other was an abomination.

Will post tomorrow.

I know what u mean about the good ones. Was Pannettas there in the ‘80’s ? The best ones I had were from a tiny shop on Main Street but I don’t remember what it was called. Re-store in Leedy and north bridge are good but the bread has changed I reckon. Anyway I have two to report on this week. One “should” have been terrific and the other was an abomination.

Will post tomorrow.
Pretty sure it was still going then, corner of Macdonald st, stand alone, deli lunchbar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back