The food rating thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Inb4 this thread turns into nothing but arguments over bacon

Macaroni and Cheese - overrated. I know it's not meant to be anything glamorous, but if i'm looking for a no-effort meal/snack, I'd much rather cook up some eggs or a can of soup/beans. Fattening, bad texture, and having relying only on cheese for flavour gets old fast

Inb4 this thread turns into nothing but arguments over bacon

Macaroni and Cheese - overrated. I know it's not meant to be anything glamorous, but if i'm looking for a no-effort meal/snack, I'd much rather cook up some eggs or a can of soup/beans. Fattening, bad texture, and having relying only on cheese for flavour gets old fast
Have you tried adding baby spinach to it?

Pretty simple.

Name a food, it's either underrated, overrated or appropriately rated.

I'll start.

Meatballs.

Severely underrated IMO. Absolutely ******* great. Pasta, meatballs, with melted cheese, bloody heaven. Very simple to cook too.
Had the best meatball ever at Pellagrinis when they had the restaurant behind it about 30 years ago.
It was the size of a mandarin in a sauce just the one
It must of had all kinds of exotica umami in it
Im guessing parmesan, bread crumbs and mortadella as well as pork and veal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baby spinach is criminally underrated. I usually eat a bag's worth per day.
Havnt tried it on its own.Paired with some fish (Salmon or Barra), and sautéed down or in a nice Risotto

Sushi overrated
Sushi needs to be from an authentic Japanese restaurant rather than many of the westernised versions we have here. The sushi in Japan is very different to what we get here, no monstrosities such as cucumber and avo.

Frozen Supermarket Pizzas - overrated even with additions.
This I heavily disagree with.

We get ours from Aldi for $3 - the supreme. We had some cheese, tomato and capsicum and it tastes delicious.

After all, you're not paying much, so I don't expect a world class dish.

We get ours from Aldi for $3 - the supreme. We had some cheese, tomato and capsicum and it tastes delicious.

Exactly.

For a frozen pizza, this one goes down pretty well - a wood fired burrata and semi dried tomato one.

AA5D8057-E118-4427-86FE-21B7AEBC294C.png

Brings back memories of childhood at my nan's, we used to have mccain pizza's on a saturday night at her place. As you say, they are chepa - dont expect the world and are ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back