The curse of the Beacon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't believe in the curse. You look at those guys and while there is a bit of talent in there, there isn't that much and many its their own fault they never reached high marks here. Especially Polak, he could have if he wasn't a prat. Drum is still young so don't lump him in, but the rest aren't exactly generational talents.. or anywhere close.

I know this was posted long time ago but, Dion Woods had more talent in one finger than Drum and Polak in their whole bodies combined.

That's one player I'll never get over. He could've been the best player in the comp. :(

Scotty Chisholm had a shiteload of genius in one half of his brain too. It's just that the other half didn't match up and kept pulling him off in weird directions without warning.

I know this was posted long time ago but, Dion Woods had more talent in one finger than Drum and Polak in their whole bodies combined.

HAI MAMMS!!!12311!

Polak was pretty close to McPharlin as the best in the air for us back in the day.

Woods was Vanilla.:rolleyes:

What the hell happened to Dion Woods anyway??

Not sure what the official line was at the time he was cleared out.. but i saw him the other day at the local shopping centre and "The Michael Long Effect" has well and truly taken over... it took me a few moments to realise who he was :D

So im guessing work ethic may have been a factor.. he would be lucky to be playing social footy now looking at his physique

Hehehe, i'll take the 4th rd pick instead thanks.

To lift the Beacon curse, simply quote a bible verse!

From The Revelation
of St. John the Divine
13.........sort of

Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Thirty Two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity he was about as good as Dan Parker at everything else.

Yeah, it's a shame his kicking wasn't a bit better, but still, being that good in the air is a huge weapon to have. Of all the characteristics our kids have, I think Fyfe's marking is the most bling.

If Polak had of still been around when Harvey first took over, I think we would have gotten more out of him on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back