Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials Pt2 * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

She was never pro anything rape. That's a terrible thing to accuse anyone of.

Its just hateful bile.
Yeah, well, if you spend the better part of 20 years punching down and writing hateful, disgusting things, people are likely to hate you and form an opinion that you are disgusting.

"AFAIK" - Well, I'm sorry then you just don't know.
Albrechtson consistently focused on the cover up angle of this story. She was hardly a supporter. of BL. Rather very neutral.
I'm happy to have any evidence of her categorically clearing BL or enthusiastically supporting him but I know these will never be presented as its just too easy to invent a 'bogey-person' that everyone can focus their stupidity on.

I don't think that's true, Albrechtsen did enthusiastically support Lehrmann of course she did, if a lot of it was by way of attempting to tear Brittany Higgins down. I've never witnessed anything in the press as vicious in my life.

I don't think that's true, Albrechtsen did enthusiastically support Lehrmann of course she did, if a lot of it was by way of attempting to tear Brittany Higgins down. I've never witnessed anything in the press as vicious in my life.
Really - what about the unbridled visciousness from most of the media in tearing down Reynolds and Brown. Who have been found to have done nothing wrong.
Still to this very day, there are a great many people who think they have covered a rape up. An absolutely abhorrent accusation to put against anyone.

Albrechtson did not enthusiastically support Lehrmann. That is just outright nonsense. Please show me anything she has written where she has done that. Complete and utter garbage.

In terms of tearing BH down, well the story had holes and it deserved to be investigated. Lee found that a lot the stuff she said post the event was simply untrue. Is he also tearing her down?

I feel sorry for BH. What happened to her was terrible and then how others used her afterwards for their own benefit just added so much trauma to the event. It was the latter that Albrechtson was primarily interested in and if people bothered to read her articles on the story then they would understand that.

Yeah, well, if you spend the better part of 20 years punching down and writing hateful, disgusting things, people are likely to hate you and form an opinion that you are disgusting.
What hateful and disgusting things?
Can you please provide some sort of evidence of this?

How could she reveal that as the truth when nobody knew what the actual truth was.
She is not a tabloid journalist like some of the ABC and Guardian types. She didn't jump to a conclusion and go into print with it without evidence.

Its incredible how smart people are with the benefit of hindsight. BL was an alleged rapist up until a month ago. Nobody knew the truth until Lee reached his judgement.
You're not smart enough to understand that Lee's judgement is an opinion based on evidence presented in a civil trial. An opinion shared by most in this thread and based on superior reasoning skills and a deep understanding of the relevant case law based on the considerable evidence presented in that civil trial, but an opinion nevertheless.

Like many rapists before him, Lehrmann is still entitled to the presumption of innocence of the crime of rape in the eyes of the law. He is still an 'alleged' rapist.

So go ahead and keep using the term 'alleged' if it makes you feel better.

And another fact for you..

As I posted very early on in Part 1 of this thread, it is not up to a judge or a jury to find the 'truth' in our adversarial justice system.

Those who keep referring to Justice Lee's findings as 'fact' or 'the truth' show they just don't understand our justice system.

See (sorry but you'll have to take a trip onto that nasty internets thingy to reach it):

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a RW think tank and how is that relevant to anyone being a 'political operative'?

Lets calm down with the hyperbole please. Its not a John Le Carre novel.

The Institute for Public Affairs, the IPA, a very well known right wing think tank. Also, why don't you look it up for yourself before hurling silly insults?

The IPA is also where now Liberal Party Senator James Patterson did his apprenticeship for want of a better word, most of them have very close ties with the IPA.

Those who keep referring to Justice Lee's findings as 'fact' or 'the truth' show they just don't understand our justice system.

I don't think anyone is doing this.

Fair to say though, that he has forensically investigated this case like no other, so when he says with detailed reasons that Higgins was most likely raped, that there was most likely not a cover-up and that Network 10's journalism was shithouse, then I think we should listen.

And it's worth discussing the points that he's raised, rather than rehashing old conspiracy theories on who knew what when and why right-wing media people are relevant to the case.

Also Janet Albrechtsen, just take a look at her appointments under Liberal Governments and the timing of them. Two years before an election, to the ABC under John Howard and later appointed to the panel responsible for advising the Minister for Communications of candidates for appointment to the ABC Board, under Tony Abbott.

So, please. To declare that Albrechtsen is not a political operative, defies logic.

Albrechtsen was a member of the Foreign Affairs Council from 2003 until 2007.[4]

Albrechtsen was appointed to the board of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2005. .[1][5][6][7] She told reporters in late 2009 that she was planning to retire from the board, and completed her five-year term on 18 February 2010 without seeking reappointment.[8][9] In 2014 it was reported that Albrechtsen was appointed to an independent nomination panel that advises the Minister for Communications on the short–listing of candidates for appointment to the ABC Board.[10]
[11]

Also Janet Albrechtsen, just take a look at her appointments under Liberal Governments and the timing of them. Two years before an election, to the ABC under John Howard and later appointed to the panel responsible for advising the Minister for Communications of candidates for appointment to the ABC Board, under Tony Abbott.

So, please. To declare that Albrechtsen is not a political operative, defies logic.

Albrechtsen was a member of the Foreign Affairs Council from 2003 until 2007.[4]

Albrechtsen was appointed to the board of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2005. She had previously derided the ABC as a "Soviet-style workers collective".[1][5][6][7] She told reporters in late 2009 that she was planning to retire from the board, and completed her five-year term on 18 February 2010 without seeking reappointment.[8][9] In 2014 it was reported that Albrechtsen was appointed to an independent nomination panel that advises the Minister for Communications on the short–listing of candidates for appointment to the ABC Board.[10]
[11]
What does her political affiliation have to do with this? Both the complainant and the alleged rapist were employed by the same political party.

Albrechtsen was appointed to the board of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2005. She had previously derided the ABC as a "Soviet-style workers collective".[1][5][6][7] She told reporters in late 2009 that she was planning to retire from the board, and completed her five-year term on 18 February 2010 without seeking reappointment.[8][9] In 2014 it was reported that Albrechtsen was appointed to an independent nomination panel that advises the Minister for Communications on the short–listing of candidates for appointment to the ABC Board.[10]
[11]
Also used to be partnered with Lib powerbroker M Kroger

She's conservative party royalty

Really - what about the unbridled visciousness from most of the media in tearing down Reynolds and Brown. Who have been found to have done nothing wrong.
Still to this very day, there are a great many people who think they have covered a rape up. An absolutely abhorrent accusation to put against anyone.

Albrechtson did not enthusiastically support Lehrmann. That is just outright nonsense. Please show me anything she has written where she has done that. Complete and utter garbage.

In terms of tearing BH down, well the story had holes and it deserved to be investigated. Lee found that a lot the stuff she said post the event was simply untrue. Is he also tearing her down?

I feel sorry for BH. What happened to her was terrible and then how others used her afterwards for their own benefit just added so much trauma to the event. It was the latter that Albrechtson was primarily interested in and if people bothered to read her articles on the story then they would understand that.

It might be best if you started doing your homework before launching again like this.

And what about Brown and Reynolds? They weren't raped were they?

Really?!?!?!

Use the Search function. You keep asking people to provide information that is already available in these threads.

I have a The Australian subscription that I only have as a "perk" to my credit card and I don't recall Albrechtsen saying too many "hateful and disgusting" things (at least on this topic), or "hateful bile" (as you inferred).

I don't recall seeing anything like the bolded above to be honest and I am of the view that almost all of Albrechtsen's articles on this topic are fact based, rather than opinion based (which someone alleged earlier).

I don't think it's too much to ask to provide an example. There should be one obvious point that you can provide support for Lehrmann that you've "never witnessed anything in the press as vicious in my life".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back