Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all,

I feel I have been scripting this thread for a few days now but I know I will in no way be able to give it true justice. I'm also aware this may be the first time the news is reaching others that knew him well so I can only offer my further condolences.

On Monday afternoon the terrible news was delivered to the last fragments of the famed BC chat that our former member miggs had tragically passed away after a battle with cancer. As a group that knew him well it was clearly a shakeup but immediately we were able to bond over incredibly funny stories of the "Big Mac". I would describe him as bravely funny, he had no ceiling (oh boy he had a floor though) because he knew he was so good. He owned every part of himself and if we ever made fun of his exceptional diet or his gout he could respond with signed photos in the mail of the renowned "fat miggs" a beautiful headshot of a chubby teenager signed "the Alpha" which is a pretty baller move. He famously organised a Christmas gift for the group, a Cameo from To Catch A Predator host Chris Hansen that in particular targeted one of our group which was one of the most amazing things I have seen play out online. I'm sure others will add their own tales.

Beyond the devil streak in miggs, above all he was a kind and cheeky friend. Although we had lost base across his illness I had a long history of long and caring conversations, he particularly loved my pug (even more than you Pugsley). I'll be honest at the start of his time here I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker and it came to an end one late night he sent me a PM with some choice words on my admin and mod abilities and within three or four exchanges we had become friends (and one of those exchanges was me telling him to go away). To steer into a Sweet FA perspective it was clear that miggs was absorbed into the Wrestlemania vibe the league had started taking and one the early stages of The Boys Club had started championing. Right down to the British Bulldog avatar he had embraced a heel persona, sometimes overboard but one nonetheless. Many at the time will remember the (mostly) manufactured battle between the BC and the Haro-lead Bombers - miggs played the game so well he won two premierships with the Bombers. Like the famous Always Sunny line goes, he'd play both sides so he would always come out on top and we loved him for it.

Miggs played 217 games in the Sweet FA from S22-S35 with stints at the Bombers (82 games). the Royals (57), the Gumbies (53), the Rats (17) and the Hawks (8). He was a role player above all and took his fun from the community itself.

Rest in peace miggs. You were a joy that will always be missed and always remembered.

In my dealings with miggs on here, we formed a bond from S21.
Being a rookie with no idea about what the league was about, I'd "tee" off at anyone who posted.
Miggs just politely remarked they're your teammates fella save it for the opposition.
As seasons went by even with my brief stint at the Dragons, the bond wasn't broken.
Always a great bloke to banter with and also talk to.

The world is a lesser place without you Miggs.
I hope you are kicking goals at the pearly gates.

RIP and miss you brother,
Pugsley

Last edited:
This is just heartbreaking :(
Thoughts are with his friends and family
May he rest in peace

I will never forget miggs’ act of friendliness /kindness in reaching out to me via PM in 2020 (despite being total strangers upto that point) after some friendly match thread banter. It was one of the worst years of my life and yet we bonded through our Perth connection and life . He bumped the PM months after too and gave me credit for ruffling some feathers. I don’t even remember what the latter was about but I do remember feeling cheered up, both times.

He was all class and is already hugely missed

I'm so sorry to hear of miggs' passing, Filth. We only played those 8 games at the Hawks together. I remember he was great at getting a bite out of the opposition, yet at the same time loyal and defended his team mates. The BC of olde must be devastated as you knew him more than most. :(
May he be at peace and no longer suffering. Thinking of you all and my sincere condolences. ❤️

Rest in peace big fella. Even in our chats on messenger he was able to play the heel and rile me up before a cheeky private message where we'd laugh at everyone else thinking it was a serious stoush. I'll always remember our fierce FIFA battles where on more than one occasion right as I was about to secure a win the connection would mysteriously drop out. It's been tough coming to terms with this day coming in recent times, and he'll be a big miss.

Incredibly funny and friendly and extremely sharp of wit.
I'll miss the banter which resulted in a kiss emoji fight.

My next fairy floss cocktail will be in his honour. RIP Big Mac. You're lucky in life if you can remember someone fondly and giggle about an interaction, we have a few to choose from.

An outrageous man but such a good man.

A really sad loss and gives us another reminder not to take ourselves too seriously.

RIP big fella.

Didn't know him well, but was aware of his impact on the league. Condolences to his family, his friends and anyone else that was close to him.
Thanks for passing on this sad news The Filth Wizard Never easy.

Vale miggs

Filthy, you can't be seen telling anyone I have a soft side or I will send out my staff 🙂

He would have loved that you made this about you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad, in his rookie season of S22 he was in a very funny orientation PM with myself and Far Kern. We had a lot of fun there, and though he moved on I remember him fondly.

RIP fella.

Just one of the truly great fellas I have had the privilege of calling a mate.
Finding out the news absolutely floored me and I have been flat ever since.

I will always cherish my laminated, autographed close up photo of his ginourmous teenage Miggs head

RIP old mate

:cryv1:

PS thanks for the tag Filthy you campaigner

A great bloke hidden behind the large amounts of s**t-talking.

We shared many not-so-fun times in each of us having gout but could appreciate each other's pain.
Rest peacefully, sweet prince. No more gout can hurt you where you are. (and that other horrid s**t - FU 'c' word)

Till next time Miggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back