Home & Garden The BigFooty Guide to getting the Real Estate of your Desires

Remove this Banner Ad

Post everything real estate- apartment, villa, house, cardboard box, mansion, whatever you want.

Tips (reader beware) on how to save, how to approach snakes. i mean agents, what to ask, what not to ask, auction advice, private seller advice. The good, the bad, and the absolute ugly.

Renters too- any handy tips for that market.

Post dream homes, post rennos pre and post, post amazing hotels, post famous movie real estate. Just dont post your actual address.

Syd

Last edited:
That link you posted before the place in Bright was lovely except for that brown trim on everything wtaf. Horrible.

There's been some great ones up there, but sales are still strong in the area and the best places don't last long

I'm going to need to convert my super into a Self Managed Funds and using a mixture of funds & finance, then lease until I get ready to retire.

Then the tenant can 'soff, I repaint brown trims and move on in

For me- a McMansion is the definition of terrible real estate. Not to mention heaps to clean.

Atm im in a one bedroom apartment (no balcony), open kitchen/dining/living + one bathroom. With a shared laundry on each floor. And it has tonnes of storage imho. I have several drawers and chest of drawers/bedside tables empty.

Absolutely love it- i love i only share one wall with a neighbour. And thank god im not on the ground floor which would be really shit imo. I bought it for 306k, the seller wanted 310k, and it was passed in at auction at 300k i believe. So i was more than happy with that deal.

For me- a McMansion is the definition of terrible real estate. Not to mention heaps to clean.

Atm im in a one bedroom apartment (no balcony), open kitchen/dining/living + one bathroom. With a shared laundry on each floor. And it has tonnes of storage imho. I have several drawers and chest of drawers/bedside tables empty.

Absolutely love it- i love i only share one wall with a neighbour. And thank god im not on the ground floor which would be really sh*t imo. I bought it for 306k, the seller wanted 310k, and it was passed in at auction at 300k i believe. So i was more than happy with that deal.
Hmmmm that sounds like an ok deal. What's your loan term length if I can ask?
I'm thinking buying but regional

Hmmmm that sounds like an ok deal. What's your loan term length if I can ask?
I'm thinking buying but regional

Sure idm.

I put down a 118k deposit i think. Something like that- on a fixed term rate (dont get me started on that) for 3 years. One more year to go on the FR. Its a standard 30 year loan, with interest and principal being paid off.

Sure idm.

I put down a 118k deposit i think. Something like that- on a fixed term rate (dont get me started on that) for 3 years. One more year to go on the FR. Its a standard 30 year loan, with interest and principal being paid off.
All depends on deposit. I guess since GFC no deposit loans are a no but honestly I'd wear the extra yearly costs and use the deposit to do something else

FWIW i was looking for a good year or so. Learnt lessons quickly ie. "photos dont always look like the internets" for instance.

Learnt also if a price on a villa or whatever was "too good to be true" it is. One villa in -a certain suburb- was crazy underpriced, going to auction. I didnt even bother going to look at it. It went like... 50-70k extra, at least.

Avoid auctions imo. Fking hate them. Auctioneers can get ****ed. I lost 2 apartments- one i really wanted, was almost in tears. But thats the way it goes. I bought my apartment 3 days after the auction.

FWIW i was looking for a good year or so. Learnt lessons quickly ie. "photos dont always look like the internets" for instance.

Learnt also if a price on a villa or whatever was "too good to be true" it is. One villa in -a certain suburb- was crazy underpriced, going to auction. I didnt even bother going to look at it. It went like... 50-70k extra, at least.

Avoid auctions imo. Fking hate them. Auctioneers can get f’ed. I lost 2 apartments- one i really wanted, was almost in tears. But thats the way it goes. I bought my apartment 3 days after the auction.
Yeah only problem is mine is interstate and I can't get there atm. So reliant on photos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

screen-shot-2017-12-31-at-13-15-241.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back